2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I thought Straw was going to catch that. I miss Marisnick 

Jake sat out there as a free agent for half the offseason before Cubs signed him. It was such an obvious move. Straw is awful. he has no instincts as an outfielder.

Kalas acting like it is a huge deal who the Rockies would have to bring in for Toro

Rockies:

He sucks from the right side.....he sucks from the left side.....yall rock paper scissors to see who goes in

(Hoping "talkin shit about Toro" works)

Just put in Yordan and let him hit it to Wyoming

That was hit at 113 mph and baseball savant had it at xBA of .950.  So you can't say that one should have been caught but yeah I would take Jake or JBJ as having a better chance.

Edited by WBT

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Kalas acting like it is a huge deal who the Rockies would have to bring in for Toro

Rockies:

He sucks from the right side.....he sucks from the left side.....yall rock paper scissors to see who goes in

(Hoping "talkin shit about Toro" works)

Just put in Yordan and let him hit it to Wyoming

Bill Brown filling in for Sparks on the radio if you prefer 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

That was hit at 113 mph and baseball savant had it at xBA of .950.  So you can't say that one should have been caught but yeah I would take Jake or JBJ as having a better chance.

Baseball Savant had like a .900 xBA for the one he fucked up last game, but they said on the TV broadcast that another MLB research tool at it at a 95% catch probability because it hung up so long. So who knows, but your point is well taken. That said, I could see with my own eyes that he had no clue which direction to go off the bat and that’s why he didn’t get there.

1 minute ago, DLev said:

That said, I could see with my own eyes that he had no clue which direction to go off the bat and that’s why he didn’t get there.

True.  He gets terrible jumps.  Which is why he is fast as fuck and still not a good outfielder.