Things Not Going Well in Venezuela, 2.0

PittsburghTiger

12 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Lol @ the comment 'they're also very white'.  It's as if they didn't know that there are people from Central and South America that don't look of African or Indio descent.  

Especially the upper class that would've been displaced by communism. Same thing happened with whites in Cuba.

9 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

My point being, there are people in those countries, that have lived there for centuries, that don't look like other people from those countries. The horror.  Shocking. 

But white is bad. Unless you are a single white boy standing in a dance club and the local girls see you. Then white is bery bery good.

• Like 1

People on the ground are reporting that members of the pro-Maduro Colectivos paramilitary groups have fired rounds from a government building in the Chacao suburb of Caracas.

There had earlier been reports that weapons from the nation’s security forces had recently been handed to the Colectivos.

Rosa Serrano, a 55-year-old architect who lives in Chacao, tells the Guardian’s Patricia Torres:

From the car par of the headquarters of the Ministry of Transport, a group of Colectivos began firing at people protesting on Francisco de Miranda Avenue. Apparently, there is a girl wounded by a firearm.

Why are people still here if there are Colectivos nearby?

They attack us and then they take refuge in the headquarters of the government ministries. I am not afraid because I have been fighting against this for 20 years and the time has come [and] hope has come back to stay. Here, it does not matter if you are from the east or the west, all together and together we will get out of this.

5 minutes ago, retread said:

Maduro was leaving to flee country and Russians talked him out of it. - CNN

What could go wrong.

Parroting laughable bullshit from Pompeo.  Why would anyone trust CNN on this issue.  Now we gotta bomb Venezuela to stick it to Putin!

Edited by Fozzz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

How long before you complain about the media tying everything back to Russia? 

That seems to be what Pompeo is trying to do.  Lord knows the media has you trained to do just that.

Edited by Fozzz
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

No.  I don't speak German.  

Cool. Basically, if we're for it, Russia is against it and vice versa. Our interests are rarely, if ever, aligned. But we can't go to war, so we're reduced to ratfucking and proxy wars.

It's been like this for over 70 years now.

Not saying it's a good thing, but as long as my military/police doesn't abandon me, I'm taking a page out of Assad's playbook if I'm an autocrat these days. Overwhelming force/cruelty + time ends up working out for you in the end. Especially in these days of American isolationism.  

4 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Not saying it's a good thing, but as long as my military/police doesn't abandon me, I'm taking a page out of Assad's playbook if I'm an autocrat these days. Overwhelming force/cruelty + time ends up working out for you in the end. Especially in these days of American isolationism.  

The White House has recognized Guaido as the president since January.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

They did more than that.  Trump's administration coordinated this entire farce with Guaido from the beginning.  Guaido is a fool who didn't really know what he was getting into, and he'll be lucky to make it out of this without being executed or serving a lengthy prison sentence.

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

They did more than that.  Trump's administration coordinated this entire farce with Guaido from the beginning.  Guaido is a fool who didn't really know what he was getting into, and he'll be lucky to make it out of this without being executed or serving a lengthy prison sentence.

if he loses it will be exile. If they arrest or kill him they create a martyr for the right. 

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

And in 2012 the White House began recognizing the Syrian Opposition Coalition as the leaders of Syria, not Bashar al-Assad, yet Assad will go to sleep tonight in the Syrian Presidential Palace in Damascus.  

• Like 1

And in 2012 the White House began recognizing the Syrian Opposition Coalition as the leaders of Syria, not Bashar al-Assad, yet Assad will go to sleep tonight in the Syrian Presidential Palace in Damascus.  

Were you born this simple or did it take years of Rush Limbaugh?

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So you’re saying the Trump Administration got played again... no way. 

Hugo I’m surprised you aren’t excited about a possible civil war. I mean you find humanity detestable, you said as much in the thrones thread. This is a great opportunity for people to off one another. 

11 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Hugo I’m surprised you aren’t excited about a possible civil war. I mean you find humanity detestable, you said as much in the thrones thread. This is a great opportunity for people to off one another. 

I’d like to see the Venezuelan people determine their own destiny without foreign interference but I’m a realist enough to know that is an impossibility.  It’s a huge shit sandwich. 

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’d like to see the Venezuelan people determine their own destiny without foreign interference but I’m a realist enough to know that is an impossibility.  It’s a huge shit sandwich. 

We can agree on the shit sandwich part. 

2 hours ago, retread said:

Pompeo was spouting all of the tried-and-true R talking points about planting democracy in Central/South America. Somewhere Reagan's ghost smiles.

5b6b1e10dda4c8f0258b459f.PNG

file.php?40,file=216052,filename=360_rea

Edited by SaucyJack

Sure you’re kidding when you refer to our current foreign policy as being “American isolationism.” Amirite?