Cops pulls gun on suspect for “stealing” mentos

Nice Guy Eddie

https://nyti.ms/2KKBCiy

cops walks into convenience store as customer had finished paying for a roll of mentos and was placing them in his pocket.  Cop pulls a gun on the guy and tells him to remove the candy.   While the cop may not have seen the candy transaction fully occur he definitely saw the guy receive change from the clerk  

Even assuming the cops legitimately thought the candy was being stolen, what happened to talking to the “criminal” first.  Are cops so fearful of their lives that they have to treat every situation like it’s a bank robbery from Heat?

and even if the guy was actually performing the great Mentos heist of 2018, is it worth possibly hurting or killing people for candy that sold for $1.19?   I’m ok if a cop doesn’t chase a fleeing suspect after stealing candy. 

Jesus fuck that's horrid.  And then the comments from the police department about doing a thorough investigation.  Dude the whole video of the incident is there.  What more is there to investigate?  A guy willing to pull his gun out, when not in uniform or at least with a badge around his neck, over a fucking roll of mints doesn't need to be a police officer anymore. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ldogg53 said:

... What more is there to investigate?  ...

It takes time to put together a plausible extenuating circumstance that would paint the LEO's reaction in a palatable light for the public.  I'm sure we'll all hear about how the LEO's were on high alert for gang members stealing Mentos for some part in a satanic virgin sacrifice ritual.  LEO was just serving and protecting the public.

They won’t finish the “investigation” until the’ve paid an undisclosed settlement using tax payer money.  They’ll never admit guilt because law enforcement. 

Edited by SDG

Didn't see the previous thread.  Sorry for starting a second one but in my defense I don't read threads that have irrelevant titles.  Stop being cute and write a simple title.

Outside of the cop's ridiculous quickness to show his gun to a $1 "thief", wouldn't a cop have to report to his superiors that he did this?  My bet is that if he's fired that will be the reason.   I would also expect that within the next 20 years, this cop is involved in a much worse case.  His instincts are about as bad as they can be.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

5 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Story seems like it would be perfect for one of those Mentos the freshmaker commercials. 

Yeah, the Bernard should have rolled with that...I mean, it would be funny until he got shot in the face. 

Fucking pigs.