Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

Even the Information Ministry is wrong every once in a while.  But to be fair, they usually just go radio silent and drop whoever it was in their rankings. 

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

9:11p, 6/6/18

Staff

Getting word of a possible commitment very soon. I'll have more when I can, but it's a recent eval kid. 

Ryan Brauninger

11:50p, 6/6/18

Staff

I'll back off the very soon timeline in regards to the OP, but I still think there's some serious 2019 movement on the horizon 

Ryan Brauninger

11:52p, 6/6/18

Staff

In other words, y'all can go to bed.

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

These guys, I believe. They do have offers from the P5 Florida schools. No idea what their chances are at landing them. @TBGFL

Not very likely. From what I've heard, one is a silent to one of the in state Big 3.

Edited by TBGFL

10 hours ago, Fud said:

A&M is hoarding all the 2019 and 2020 interior OL. We're fucked. 

It's an interesting strategy. Hand likes to take long lean guys who if they fail at OT can move inside, the Marine likes stocky OL that don't have the lateral quickness to play OT and move them there anyway. Bold strategy by Cotton.

Big OT Trainor ready to visit A&M again, high on two schools

VIP ByBRIAN PERRONI 102 minutes ago

When talking about linemen in the state of Texas for the class of 2019, one name is often a bit forgotten. Not a player that is active on social media, Hallsville offensive tackle Blake Trainor has built up a pretty impressive offer list.

The 6-foot-7, 300-pound rising senior has Power Five offers from Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, TCU and Texas A&M. The Aggies were the first of those schools to offer and the East Texas product will be making his way to College Station this coming weekend.

"I'm going down there on Saturday," Trainor said. "They are having a bunch of their targets in town, so it should be a lot of fun. I want to meet a lot of those guys and get to know the coaches better as well. I liked it down there at the spring game but I should be able to see more this time.

"I keep up with coach (Jim) Turner and coach (Lee) Grimes. They stay in contact with me and let me know that they like me."

On Wednesday, Trainor was a bit surprised when five-star Aggie offensive tackle pledge Kenyon Green gave him a shout out on Twitter.

"I was eating with my family and then all of a sudden, I got a notification that Kenyon was following me," Trainor said. "That was big. I couldn't believe it. Then, we started DM'ing and he's been talking up A&M to me. He tried to get a bunch of A&M fans to follow me as well."

In addition to A&M, Trainor made a trip earlier this week to another in-state school.

"I was at TCU on Monday," he said. "That was my first time there. I really liked it. The campus was really nice and I liked the facilities."

3COMMThough he has not taken many visits, Trainor does admit that those two schools have his attention.

"A&M and TCU, both of those are up there at the top," he said. "They're the ones I've had the most contact with and they're close to home. I like both of those places.

Edited by Longhornfrenzy

13 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I dont think its Liucci. First his ego wouldnt let him post on 247. Second Hamm and Peronni cant stand Liucci but theyve given that guy a platform as an insider. 

Its been apparent in some of his posts and what what he has posted that he is positioning himself as someone in the athletic dept at ATM. He was criticial of how sumlin recruited and coached, and he knew shit like both qbs transferring independantly a day or two before it became public. 

This is just my opinion, but I think he works at aTm, near or in the athletic dept. And this last post of his, to me, tacitly screams a knowledge of recruiting shennanigans happening. I dont know what else could constitute one if “so many moving parts” or whatever he said, while dismissing shit like girlfriends and whatnot.

legit lol. imart is way too smart to be working in an athletic department - and people take his acerbic online bit too seriously, he's basically just our version of ctj, with maybe a bit more e-anger.

also, i would like to state on the record that wherever christian harris ends up, he will be all-conference and a top 3 round pick in the nfl. love that kid's film.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bizzle said:

legit lol. imart is way too smart to be working in an athletic department - and people take his acerbic online bit too seriously, he's basically just our version of ctj, with maybe a bit more e-anger.

also, i would like to state on the record that wherever christian harris ends up, he will be all-conference and a top 3 round pick in the nfl. love that kid's film.

Well, that's interesting info. I took him semi-seriously (not his attitude, his info) because both Hamm and Peronni have deferred to him and referenced him as a guy with legit sources. 

37 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Surprised we aren’t looking at Trainor. He has the height we look for. Maybe not mobile enough for OT and too tall to move inside?

I think we have some interest but are wanting to see senior year film to see how he progresses. 

Lulz. That is not a Top 2 recruiting class OL group.  I'm honestly surprised Jimbo is willing to sign off on the Marine settling so much between the 2020 OL commits and the possibility of grabbing a guy like Trainor this early in the cycle.

Also, good to see Hamm conceding Shepherd. Whenever Hamm gives up on a prospect, you know aggy's in a bad spot for him.

Edited by UT Lawnghorn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, that's interesting info. I took him semi-seriously (not his attitude, his info) because both Hamm and Peronni have deferred to him and referenced him as a guy with legit sources. 

oh i would take him seriously. he knows where a few bodies are buried both in college station and austin.

and i like trainer as a project to start down the road, but our immediate tackle depth chart is rough. 

4 minutes ago, bizzle said:

oh i would take him seriously. he knows where a few bodies are buried both in college station and austin.

and i like trainer as a project to start down the road, but our immediate tackle depth chart is rough. 

so bizzle is imart. 🤔🤔🤔

I always assumed you were also ktown777 (ok, I still think that's actually sarva) 

That slapdick Imart appears to know athletic dept activities in The Station but he knows fuckall about UT's AD and every time he pretends to know something about UT he shows it. I'd guess that beyond the schtick he's a mid-tier guy within the AD. Pretty sure that one 12th man foundation guy doxxed his ass when he went all redass and got banned on TexAgs, AggieYell, and Gigem on the same night but I missed the entire hullaballew caneck caneck. 

51 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Lulz. That is not a Top 2 recruiting class OL group.  I'm honestly surprised Jimbo is willing to sign off on the Marine settling so much between the 2020 OL commits and the possibility of grabbing a guy like Trainor this early in the cycle.

Also, good to see Hamm conceding Shepherd. Whenever Hamm gives up on a prospect, you know aggy's in a bad spot for him.

A general question: I know Florida State turned out alot of NFL talent, but was there OL development worth a shit? It doesn't seem like they did very well there.

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Does anyone else on tapa just see broken links? Do the posters know they are posting broken links for taps users?

I downloaded on tapa and the link is broken, but when I went to the regular surlyhorns site the screenshots were there.

Doesn't make sense

Edited by Longhornfrenzy

Rick Trickett was their OL coach during the Jimbo era and a huge portion of the fanbase wanted him fired for years and felt like Jimbo's lack of changes to the offensive staff were a huge detriment to the program. If you want to get a Noles fan to start raging all you have to do is bring up Trickett. Trickett was a magician at WVU (spread concepts) but appeared to never mesh with Fisher and his offensive style and they never were consistent with a type of OL that they recruited/signed. It actually played out quite a bit like Joe Wickline did here with a coach who had a lot of previous success not meshing and really a poor scheme fit, but imagine instead that Wickline was here in the Briles system for 10 years. Trickett is a + recruiter while Wickline is a + asshole. 

Ironically Wickline is at WVU now back in the loving embrace of the Holgo/Gundy/Monken/Fedora offense.   

1 hour ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

This is true on both counts. I think the Marine is not going to make it under Jimbo recruiting bread.

40 minutes ago, golfclap said:

so bizzle is imart. 🤔🤔🤔

I always assumed you were also ktown777 (ok, I still think that's actually sarva) 

That slapdick Imart appears to know athletic dept activities in The Station but he knows fuckall about UT's AD and every time he pretends to know something about UT he shows it. I'd guess that beyond the schtick he's a mid-tier guy within the AD. Pretty sure that one 12th man foundation guy doxxed his ass when he went all redass and got banned on TexAgs, AggieYell, and Gigem on the same night but I missed the entire hullaballew caneck caneck. 

i'm also randolph. crazy world we live in.

and the types of decisions being discussed here are way above the pay grade of "mid-tier AD" employees.

Just now, bizzle said:

i'm also randolph. crazy world we live in.

and the types of decisions being discussed here are way above the pay grade of "mid-tier AD" employees.

Oh FFS, maybe you really are imart blowing this bullshit. fuck there is no fan base that loves themselves a fucking insider like Aggy. (ZOMG "The Fly" posted it, it must be true "a little birdy told him" all that other horse shit.  Above the paygrade of a mid-tier employee, eh? So is imart Hurley or Batson?  Take you pick. We know he's not Toole, Moore, or Douglas Walker. I can't remember who it was that was doxxed but it certainly wasn't Hurley or Batson and they certainly shouldn't be posting that often on gigem, esp about specific recruits and talking shit about their families and money changing hands, grades, etc ... much less interacting with Hamm once the hammer got dropped on his ass.   

so yes bizzle, a fucking "mid-tier AD" employee.  

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Imart is another CTJ sock account? 

I don't know who this Imart character is, but he must be quite the wizard. Also, can you dickheads give me the running list of my socks these days? I'm struggling to keep up. 

I did used to enjoy crafting socks for absurdist performances, when I had the time. dibollhorn on Hornfans - I'll go so far as to say that one qualified as performance art. I doubt most here would recall, but using ridiculous and unhinged deep east Texas stupidity was an easy way to rope regular posters into climbing over each other to attack him. I based him on what appeared to be a real life poster named "bullardhorn", who I am fairly certain was actually killed in a meth lab explosion in or around the town of Bullard. But I digress...

47 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Oh FFS, maybe you really are imart blowing this bullshit. fuck there is no fan base that loves themselves a fucking insider like Aggy. (ZOMG "The Fly" posted it, it must be true "a little birdy told him" all that other horse shit.  Above the paygrade of a mid-tier employee, eh? So is imart Hurley or Batson?  Take you pick. We know he's not Toole, Moore, or Douglas Walker. I can't remember who it was that was doxxed but it certainly wasn't Hurley or Batson and they certainly shouldn't be posting that often on gigem, esp about specific recruits and talking shit about their families and money changing hands, grades, etc ... much less interacting with Hamm once the hammer got dropped on his ass.   

so yes bizzle, a fucking "mid-tier AD" employee.  

you sweet thing. you really don't understand how this works. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I don't know who this Imart character is, but he must be quite the wizard. Also, can you dickheads give me the running list of my socks these days? I'm struggling to keep up. 

I did used to enjoy crafting socks for absurdist performances, when I had the time. dibollhorn on Hornfans - I'll go so far as to say that one qualified as performance art. I doubt most here would recall, but using ridiculous and unhinged deep east Texas stupidity was an easy way to rope regular posters into climbing over each other to attack him. I based him on what appeared to be a real life poster named "bullardhorn", who I am fairly certain was actually killed in a meth lab explosion in or around the town of Bullard. But I digress...

Holy crap, I had forgotten bullardhorn.  That was a long time ago.

3 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

A general question: I know Florida State turned out alot of NFL talent, but was there OL development worth a shit? It doesn't seem like they did very well there.

That's mostly because Jimbo wouldnt get rid of Rick Trickett, the old OL coach. 

• Like 1