Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

did anyone see the QB's Throwing thread? imart's reply is peak fucking aggy. 

Hamm Lite glossing on how great the 12019 QB recruiting is going ::

I love the bolded sentence BTW 

imart your favorite aggy inside with the reply ::

Now you can knock Rumlin for a lot of things but QB recruiting? (I'm not talking about the way they were handled)

POWER. FUCKING. MOVES. 

He does know that most of these unofficial visits, especially to College fucking Station  get “reimbursed” in some form for their expenses right?

1 minute ago, PNWhornsfan said:

If Shepherd isn't there, the Marine must have called him to tell him they've pulled his offer and have recruited over him with the 3 JAGs they have on campus right now.

I believe the texags phrase for this is "If Jim Turner wants him, he might as well be a 5*."

• Like 1

My actual guess is that even with their war chest this year, they still don't have enough $$$ to go around and they're trusting the Marine to produce more studs from the JAGs.  After getting torched by Wake Forest, I'm sure they're probably spending a small fortune on Wolfe and Banks and hoping that doesn't happen again.  And if Nakobe Dean is serious about the Ags, the only way that makes any sense is if there's a ton of $$$ on the table.

52 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

My actual guess is that even with their war chest this year, they still don't have enough $$$ to go around and they're trusting the Marine to produce more studs from the JAGs.  After getting torched by Wake Forest, I'm sure they're probably spending a small fortune on Wolfe and Banks and hoping that doesn't happen again.  And if Nakobe Dean is serious about the Ags, the only way that makes any sense is if there's a ton of $$$ on the table.

When you use the term “small fortune”, what is the ballpark of what you’d think a small fortune is? Would you say, like, $70,000 is a small fortune for a guy like Banks? Or were you thinking more or less than that? Hypothetically. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

When you use the term “small fortune”, what is the ballpark of what you’d think a small fortune is? Would you say, like, $70,000 is a small fortune for a guy like Banks? Or were you thinking more or less than that? Hypothetically. 

Wow.

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Even more green for Green?

Just look at d1 basketball to figure out what cheating teams are paying. A top b-ball recruit will make $100k. So I figure Auburn, Alabama, etc. are paying $50k for a 4 Star and $75-100k for a 5 Star. Of course, it would not surprise me to learn that Alabama has stopped paying in the last 3 years. The program is elite so they can try to sell it as a higher likelihood of getting drafted.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Not bad.

2 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

How many guys can they sign this year?

Right now?  Not many, IIRC I think I saw right now the number is around 12?  But Jerry Schmidt is about to make some guys either eat vomit or transfer.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I haven't paid much attention to the Banks recruitment since his dad passed. Why are the recruiting analysts calling that recruitment messy now? 

1 minute ago, Bruh Man said:

I haven't paid much attention to the Banks recruitment since his dad passed. Why are the recruiting analysts calling that recruitment messy now? 

He abruptly cut off contact with us soon after the A&M OV and went from leading to being a distant second to A&M.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

He abruptly cut off contact with us soon after the A&M OV and went from leading to being a distant second to A&M.

Interesting. So they're willing to play ball with a kid who would have been what, the 10th best DB last year in-state? 

quotes from the new SEC SEC SEC LBer ::

"I always was an FSU fan, and all I knew was Jimbo Fisher," Lee said. "Meeting him in person and being able to spend some time with him, I knew [A&M] was the place for me.

"I've been an FSU fan my whole life; it always had been my dream school. But seeing what Jimbo Fisher does with his players ... to me, that's a big deal."

Consider Lee a national sleeper in recruiting, as Texas A&M was his only SEC offer. The Aggies offered the linebacker on May 24. He said he was recruited by linebackers coach Bradley Dale Peveto and, at 6-foot-1 and 210 pounds, is expected to play rover.

Lee was on campus for two full days and participated in Friday's camp. He also had the chance to view everything the school had to offer athletically and academically. It was enough to make him verbally commit.

"I like Texas A&M as a school. I like the evnrionment, and at the end of the day, you want to be at a school that cares about you and makes sure you're good," he said. "Mainly, what caught me is the graduation rate. The after-college success, they make sure that after you're done with school, they'll take care of you."

*environment 

Graduation rate, eh? 

Seminole Central: Florida State football APR lowest among Power Five teams

giphy.gif

• Like 1