Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

He's going aggy. Just trying to create a "shock".

If he really does that it will be one of the more douchey things I’ve ever seen in recruiting. Has that type of buffoonery been done before?

Speaking of douchey, why release a Top 3 the day before announcing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

I think Herman might be a genius for avoiding in state recruiting this year.

This I think, goes without saying. With that said Youngs just fucking around at the end of a shitty recruiting process and nothing more. He's a great kid and nothing like O'Neal or Wolfe

Edited by TankedBevo

18 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

This I think, goes without saying. With that said Youngs just fucking around at the end of a shitty recruiting process and nothing more. He's a great kid and nothing like O'Neal or Wolfe

Yeah he's just regular high school silly. No personal issues, just a safety that badly wants to be a CB.

• Like 1

Tarp's evaluations from The Opening: Stripling shines

There were a number of Texas A&M targets and commits at The Opening at The Star in Frisco, Texas which ended today. Here’s a quick synopsis of how they looked this morning between the linemen’s one on one battles and the seven on seven tournament taking place indoors.

Katy Mayde Creek defensive end Marcus Stripling

Stripling is listed at 265 pounds but in person looks like more like a linebacker. He wound up lining up at all four spots during the lineman’s battles at both tackle and end. I haven’t watched him in person or even viewed his film on Hudl yet so I went in with no preconceived notions about him as a player. Since these were strictly pass rush drills, he wasn’t attempting to slant into a gap or hold ground as if he were defending against the run.

I watched Stripling battle six times and he won four of them. He has a compact stance regardless of whether he lines up inside or outside and so he’s able to display great bend and get off coming from the line of scrimmage. At his best, he sets up opponents with a shoulder shake that he uses to get them off balance or widen their hands and open up their breastplate. That way, he can attack them with punch between their shoulder pads, obtain leverage on them, and start to drive them backwards. He also has very good feet that he keeps moving to sustain his momentum and not allow the opponent to regroup.

The only times that Stripling struggled were when a bigger opponent was able to get their hands up first and stall him in his tracks. They locked out his hands and made him have to attempt to anchor his feet instead of using them to drive forward.

Stripling is rated as a strong side end but my impression of him is that he has the get off and bend that you see out of someone classified as a rush end. He’s not just someone that you would play in a five tech and ask them to anchor against the run; he’s going to be able to play on the opponent’s side of the ball with his ability to start low, explode, leverage his hands, play within the framework of his body, and move his feet. In addition, he can play almost anywhere along the line with his frame and room to grow.

Humble Atascocita offensive tackle Kenyon Green

Green is listed at 6 foot 5 and 318 pounds. At first, I was thrown off by the length of his arms whicppeared shorter than I expected; then I noticed that he was standing between two of the taller linemen at the event. He’s definitely above average in that regard for his height although he is not an elite guy like some of the bigger people in the 6 foot 6 and 6 foot 7 range that were there.

Green had fewer matchups than Stripling and so he didn’t get to impress as much. However, one of the things that I’ve learned about grading offensive tackles in pass protection is that kicks steps and punch can be evaluated separately but the best linemen move in unison so that both can work together. Green is a fluid player can coordinate the movement between his feet and hands so that he is moving and hitting in one motion. In addition, even when he gets beat with an inside move (as he did on one play), his footwork, arm length, and upper body strength enabled him to recover and ride the defender back across the quarterback’s face but away from him. Also, when the defender does get his hands inside, Green’s long arms and lateral movement again enabled him to recover and ride them outside when they could have easily displayed sufficient bend to beat them off the edge.

Green popped up mostly at right tackle at The Opening but he is probably going to be the best coordinated lineman with the longest reach in the recruiting class that the Aggies sign. As a result, he appears to be destined to wind up playing left tackle for A&M.

Safeties Brian Williams and Demani Richardson and cornerback Bobby Wolfe

All three were on Team Boomin which won their game quite handily. In fact, they won so easily that their opponent rarely even tried many passes downfield and thus really didn’t test any of the three A&M commits in coverage except for Richardson and Wofle. Richardson had an interception to his side of the field although it was ruled that he eventually dropped the ball. He tracked the ball, got a nice jump on it, batted it in the air, and then rolled on the ground with it seemingly in his grasp. Wolfe split time with another player but he used a trail technique to see the quarterback looking his way at the snap, read the deep route out of what looked like quarters coverage, trailed the receiver, and was with them when the ball arrived

All three are similar in person to what they appeared to be on film…no surprises there. Williams is solidly built prospect with good height and Richardson is a big guy who covers ground even better than what I’ve seen of him on film. Wolfe is rangy but has those long arms and explosion that gives him the confidence to play the way he does via the trail technique

From a physical standpoint, A&M has and could be adding (with Stripling) players that have the requisite size and athleticism to improve the program. In addition, they’re well coordinated athletes who understand their strengths and play more confidently and with greater awareness on the field because of it.

Maybe he was a 2*, but he went to Miami when they were getting anyone they wanted 

Yeah. This doesn’t really make sense. According to who? Max emfiger? Rivals didn’t start rating players until 2002. He must have been class of 97. Who was doing national rankings before rivals?

59 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He’s a fucking imbecile and portraying it otherwise is bizarre. This kind of move is the pinnacle of shitbaggery. It’s a sign that he’s got trash for his character make-up. 

First of all you don't know shit or this kid so you can fuck right off. Your shtick is tiresome and while I've somewhat grown accustomed to your persona on here you need to not talk out of your ass regarding every recruit you think you know. Not everything is so cut and dry. 

I can, and will, go over his recruitment with Texas after he announces. 

3 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

First of all you don't know shit or this kid so you can fuck right off. Your shtick is tiresome and while I've somewhat grown accustomed to your persona on here you need to not talk out of your ass regarding every recruit you think you know. Not everything is so cut and dry. 

I would have gone with picking aggy as the pinnacle of shitbaggery...is that OK?

3 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

I would have gone with picking aggy as the pinnacle of shitbaggery...is that OK?

There are more than a few factors to say the least. Mostly proximity to visiting family members. Remember, he's from Richmond, harborer of aggy turds and their ilk

Edited by TankedBevo
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

There are more than a few factorsnn to say the least. Mostly proximity to visiting family members. Remember, he's from Richmond, harborer of asggy turds and their ilki

Those factors don’t create a fake top 3 for Twitter drama only to announce schools not on there the next day. Wanting to be close to family in distance doesn’t  excuse the pure immature O’Neal esque twitter troll.

Edited by Dondrysdale1
Choice

17 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

I don't post often, but are you fucking serious, Clark? If he actually commits to aggy literally the day after posting a top 3 of other teams, I think "this kind of move is the pinnacle of shitbaggery" pretty well hits the nail on the head. There are plenty of shitty people that aren't actively rapists or kleptomaniacs, and him pulling this sort of douchebag move for the lolz absolutely says a ton about his character.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Those factors don’t create a fake top 3 for Twitter drama only to announce a schools not on there the next day. Wanting to be close to family in distance doesn’t excuse going bout things in an immature manner. Im not one to rush to CTJ defense nor do I give a shit normally but the kid is a clown as stated before because he’s choosing to go finish 3rd in his division to play for a cult.

You clearly don't have a pulse on today's recruit or their stupid shit that makes them want to "stand out" while simultaneously doing the same shit other recruits do. Like I said earlier, there's a fucking reason Herman is looking outside the state this cycle. 

22 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

9 minutes ago, Fud said:

If we're going to knock kids for making faux top threes or fives leading up to their decisions, then 90% of highly recruited prospects are going to have the same "character" concern 

What you’re referencing is one thing, naming a top 3 and then picking another school is something else. And you know that. 

This guy doesn’t have his hand out and his reasons for not considering Texas revolve around the last class. Those aren’t issues. The top 3 shit is first rate garbage and not an every day thing. Don’t fucking equivocate. 

I don't post often, but are you fucking serious, Clark? If he actually commits to aggy literally the day after posting a top 3 of other teams, I think "this kind of move is the pinnacle of shitbaggery" pretty well hits the nail on the head. There are plenty of shitty people that aren't actively rapists or kleptomaniacs, and him pulling this sort of douchebag move for the lolz absolutely says a ton about his character.
This

You, like the rest of us are hidden behind a veiled username. So, state your case or STFU.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

What you’re referencing is one thing, naming a top 3 and then picking another school is something else. And you know that. 

This guy doesn’t have his hand out and his reasons for not considering Texas revolve around the last class. Those aren’t issues. The top 3 shit is first rate garbage and not an every day thing. Don’t fucking equivocate. 

Ha, completely missed that A&M wasn't included

27 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

There are more than a few factors to say the least. Mostly proximity to visiting family members. Remember, he's from Richmond, harborer of aggy turds and their ilk

Richmond to Austin isn’t much farther than Richmond to college station. You get on Texas 36 I think and are in sealy before you know it. 

1 minute ago, Tree Fidy said:

This emoji1369.png

You, like the rest of us are hidden behind a veiled username. So, state your case or STFU.

Get recruited relentlessly for two years with its supreme highs and lows and see if you don't want to have fun with it once you've made your decision. I hear nothing but shit talk about not only the Texas 9.95ers but the rest of the recruiting paysites being nothing but goobers and shills and when a recruit finally takes them for a ride he's going to get some shit from some fanbase.  If you think for a second that if he had done the same thing and picked us you wouldn't be peacocking and grandstanding I call bullshit 

• Fuck You 6

Get recruited relentlessly for two years with its supreme highs and lows and see if you don't want to have fun with it once you've made your decision. I hear nothing but shit talk about not only the Texas 9.95ers but the rest of the recruiting paysites being nothing but goobers and shills and when a recruit finally takes them for a ride he's going to get some shit from some fanbase.  If you think for a second that if he had done the same thing and picked us you wouldn't be peacocking and grandstanding I call bullshit 

Sounds like you 2 “experimented” in high school. Sorry it Tanked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

No, I’d think it was a fucking douchebag move if he committed to Texas too. Don’t fucking project your loose foundation onto the rest of us. 

What he’s doing here is one of the trashiest, shittiest things I’ve seen one of these dickheads do. Fuck him and fuck you too. 

• Like 7
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

No, I’d think it was a fucking douchebag move if he committed to Texas too. Don’t fucking project your loose foundation onto the rest of us. 

What he’s doing here is one of the trashiest, shittiest things I’ve seen one of these dickheads do. Fuck him and fuck you too. 

And that's what's great about America is that I can think you're a self serving piece of shit that continuously Ave incessantly talks out if his ass and that's okay. Fuck you "coach"

• Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

no the bullshit is your hypothetical where in he acts like this and chooses Texas. It’s a character thing and a player who tends to act that way does not end up at Texas.

• Like 2