Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

Perroni

FRISCO, Texas - There were quite a few Texas A&M commits and targets at the first full day of the The Opening Finals and there was some recruiting info to come out of the Sunday sessions.

-First of all, give credit to all three Aggie commits in attendance - Kenyon Green, Brian Williams and Demani Richardson - for being very vocal to the other players about A&M. Williams and Green, especially, but Richardson is in players' ears as well. Williams is the guy that almost every uncommitted prospect pointed to as the main one recruiting them for the Aggies.

Williams also showed leadership on the field. In an absolutely loaded safety group, he was first in line in every single drill. With a ton of four- and five-star prospects, that definitely says something about his character.

-The biggest news is probably on Mansfield Timberview four-star cornerback Jeffery Carter. He publicly says that he is still considering all of his previously-released top four - A&M, Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas - but it is pretty much down to the Aggies and the Tide. Carter says that a commitment will come whenever he feels right about it. He does not have a public timeline in mind.

However, he eagerly took pictures with several A&M commits and top targets and there was a lot of buzz around The Star that a commitment from him to the Aggies could come soon. When he left Tuscaloosa last month uncommitted, that was very good news to Texas.

Carter does admit, though, that he has been close to committing to a few different schools at times. He says Oregon was the one that he was very much on the verge of doing so, as he grew up a huge fan of the program. However, when he got back and evaluated things, he didn't see the program as a fit and did not include them in his top four.

I say all that to give the caveat that things could change but, as of now, I believe he will end up on the Aggie commitment list. A&M has been the one constant in the whole process as well.

-Klein Collins four-star running back Isaiah Spiller has kept out of the spotlight this summer and has not made any unofficial visits, yet less officials. However, he says he wants to get his decision out of the way before the season begins. A&M and Oklahoma are the two teams he is in the most contact with.

Spiller says his dad wants him at A&M, but isn't pushing his son. However, there is a lot of talk around the event about the Aggies being in good shape with the running back. I feel good about my Crystal Ball pick in favor of A&M.

-Four-star cornerbacks Erick Young and Bobby Wolfe are both set to announce this coming week and I believe both will be Aggies when they do make their commitments. Wolfe admits that he was completely surprised on his Arkansas official visit as he was not really looking too hard at the Razorbacks before then. He says, though, that he has known for some time where he was going to commit and I would be very surprised if it was not A&M.

-The one other big big uncommitted target in attendance is four-star Katy Mayde Creek defensive end Marcus Stripling. Though he continues to publicly say he plans to take his visits and announce on Signing Day, I still believe there is a good chance he shuts things down much sooner than that. He is a heavy A&M lean and the way he is talked about it is almost like he is already a commit.

-Four-star offensive tackle Javonne Shepherd did not do a ton of talking but it is likely Texas with him

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

As long as whatever he's dealing with off the field is resolved. But given the state of their cornerback roster, it's probably a risk they need to take.

I wonder if we could flip him late if we want to with Catalon and his cousin potentially in the fold. That would be great #aggietears potential. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

I can't wait to see him go up against dylan mack this fall.

If this is some kind of well crafted piece of satire, I must admit that it's brilliance has gone over my head.

So I'll just assume you're being serious, in which case, wow. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

46 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If this is some kind of well crafted piece of satire, I must admit that it's brilliance has gone over my head.

So I'll just assume you're being serious, in which case, wow. 

I assume he meant "in practice", although I don't know how we will be able to see that.

14 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I assume he meant "in practice", although I don't know how we will be able to see that.

I was at a loss between the misspelling of his name, and the fact that Mack is a senior this season in college while Green will be playing his last season of HS ball. If we're getting really specific, I'm not sure that the purported tackle of the future, Mr. Green, who they will undoubtedly try to start at tackle, will be seeing too much action against Fatty The Interior Lineman even if they were ever on the same practice field together. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

Cant believe Daylon Mack is a senior already, his recruiting was a wild goose chase.  I specifically watched him vs. Texarkana Pleasant Grove his senior year for about 20 plays thinking "wow, this guy is a nightmare".

What a colossal disappointment he has been.

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Cant believe Daylon Mack is a senior already, his recruiting was a wild goose chase.  I specifically watched him vs. Texarkana Pleasant Grove his senior year for about 20 plays thinking "wow, this guy is a nightmare".

What a colossal disappointment he has been.

The problem with Mack is that in HS (and during his first season at aggy) he was just a shoot the gap player with good size and a great first step who tried to anticipate the snap count.  Once the word was out on his play style he never adjusted and learned to use his hands and move on the ball.

31 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

The problem with Mack is that in HS (and during his first season at aggy) he was just a shoot the gap player with good size and a great first step who tried to anticipate the snap count.  Once the word was out on his play style he never adjusted and learned to use his hands and move on the ball.

Maybe they never called offsides in his district.

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Classy. You know, when NFL personnel organizations really do the intense background checks on players, they're never going to rabbit ear pages of stupid tweets like this when they do an evaluation. This kind of thing could never end up coming back to haunt that little shit. Of course, they're not going to like his 40 times either, so shit, maybe the dude is better off saying Fuck The Police and letting Leon do Leon. 

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Classy. You know, when NFL personnel organizations really do the intense background checks on players, they're never going to rabbit ear pages of stupid tweets like this when they do an evaluation. This kind of thing could never end up coming back to haunt that little shit. Of course, they're not going to like his 40 times either, so shit, maybe the dude is better off saying Fuck The Police and letting Leon do Leon. 

So I guess Leon is admitting that Clemson didn't want him in the end.

25 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why is that necessarily a lie?

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Because Leon is a butthurt piece of shit. About everything. His Texas offer. His Clemson offer. His 40 time. Everyone is out to get Poor Leon. 

It wasn't a lie if he never lined up to play for Clemson. 

IF Clemson had taken Leon/Leon had committed to Clemson, he COULD have blitzed on his first snap. Until that happened, and he blitzed or not, it was/is not a lie.

What's funny is that any defensive player would ever believe a DC promising what play will be called on that players first snap. Defensive playcalls are typically predicated on the offensive alignment, are they not?