Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

9 minutes ago, Goodman said:

True but the sec west could be argued to be down. arkie, msu and olemiss have new(er) coaches, have not recruited like they were a few years ago. lsu is led by Ogre. Auburn is what they always are, inconsistent and play down to its competition. bama is rolling. Not much in the West, add in a good East draw with esce & uk, plus 3/4 easy games in ooc. Clemson, Bama & maybe auburn roll but outside of that its a bunch of below average teams equal to aggie.

I’m regularly surprised that people think Miss State and South Carolina are going to be anything worse than they usually are, and that’s good enough to beat ATM. UK is a bowl team and LSU has owned them and has more talent. They are one Arkansas jihad declaration away from looking at a losing record. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Machinator said:

From Perroni via LonghornFrenzy:

Reveal hidden contents

-We will start with the one that I am the most certain about.

Four-star Fort Bend Bush cornerback Erick Young spent the weekend on an official visit to USC. It was his first time in California so, not surprisingly, things went well. He enjoyed everything on campus and seeing the beach, etc.

However, even going in, the Trojans did not seem to feel they were a legit contender. I still don’t believe they are.

Young lists a final four of A&M, Ohio State, Oklahoma and USC. However, he has only officially visited two of those places and has never been to Ohio State at all. The Aggies are in very good shape here for his July 4 announcement.

Young has also said that he plans to completely shut things down once he commits. Remember, he is not one to make rash decisions. It was thought that he would commit to A&M at the same time that best friend Bobby Wolfe did at the Super Bowl party. However, Young held off because he wanted to be 100-percent sure.

I believe that, by the evening of July 4, Young will be on the Texas A&M commit list as a solid pledge.

-Another player that I believe will likely be an Aggie but that I am not as completely certain on is the aforementioned Bobby Wolfe.

The four-star cornerback from Houston Madison was a one-time A&M commit and the Aggies are in his final two, along with Arkansas, as he plans to announce this coming Saturday.

After a recent official visit to Arkansas, the Razorbacks felt very good about their chances. After an unofficial visit to A&M a couple days later, the Aggies felt good as well. Now, both do.

I believe it will be A&M but, from talking to multiple people in Houston, nobody seems to think he has 100-percent made his mind up yet. I have been cautioned by everybody that Arkansas is a legit player and it would not be the biggest surprise in the world to see him announce for the Razorbacks.

Again, I think A&M wins out in the end, but you can’t discount SEC West foe Arkansas. They are really working hard in the closing days up to Wolfe’s announcement.

-One other player that could be close to an Aggie commit is Katy Mayde Creek four-star defensive end Marcus Stripling.

Stripling had planned to take official visits before making a decision but it is no secret that the Aggies are out in front. He has considered just shutting things down earlier than planned.

I originally thought that an announcement could come this week. I don’t think it will happen quite that early but I do still believe it will happen in the summer.

That would be big having Stripling, DeMarvin Leal, Braedon Mowry and Josh Ellison in the boat, allowing the Aggies to focus on landing an edge rusher and an out-of-state tackle to finish the defensive line class

I have to question a kids mental well being of you are struggling between the assholes of sheep in college station and the beaches of SoCal where the weather today is 71 degrees.  As much as cal is fucked up living here has many benefits over CS. And LO fucking L at Steve wiltfong post

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jimbo wasn't going to be fired, just to be clear. But what was about to happen was the plummeting bookcase he pulled down on himself was about to actually land on him and crush his ass. His program wasn't getting any better, he wasn't getting any support or leeway from his board and administrators and boosters, he was facing new and hungrier enemies all over Florida, and he wasn't going to be getting any new or massive pay raises at Florida State after he self-immolated the entire program from the inside out. Oh, and reports are his players had turned on the guy. So he packed up his bags, took the last massive pay raise he was likely ever going to get, and moved to hillbilly land where he will be worshiped like a god for once winning something somewhere else. Period.

"Sees the future." All aggy ever sees is the motherfucking future. It's a perpetual utopia that permanently stays fixed on the horizon no matter how fast they run, like children chasing rainbows all afternoon after a spring shower and swearing that just 1 more mile and they'll have their pot of gold. 

I wouldn't say he wasn't getting any support from admin and boosters. They weren't as inclined to cave into his demands because the guy is a colossal asshole who burned every bridge he had there. The former president at FSU, Eric Barron, made Jimbo go to anger management classes because of how he treated people. And that was back in 2012

Jimbo is great at building a program but not sustaining it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I’m regularly surprised that people think Miss State and South Carolina are going to be anything worse than they usually are, and that’s good enough to beat ATM. UK is a bowl team and LSU has owned them and has more talent. They are one Arkansas jihad declaration away from looking at a losing record. 

Every game outside of the 3 cupcakes is either a loss or toss up.  Miss. State will beat them like they have recently and I think South Carolina finally beats them.  If Ole Miss has any kind of defense I could see them winning as well.  They probably have the best group of WR's in the SEC and aggy will field one of the worst group of DB's.  

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Can't say the same about his marriage.

That is not true.  Both people found their true selves in that marriage.  Candi discovered her inner slut and Jimbo found out that in his heart he has always been a cuck.

36 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

Bowden had let it go in the last few years he was there. Jimbo did leave FSU better off than when he got there.

Jimbo was on Bowden’s staff those years and was the de facto head coach in waiting. Anything that happened with that program in bk bobby’s last seasons also has jimbo’s fingerprints on it. 

46 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

Bowden had let it go in the last few years he was there. Jimbo did leave FSU better off than when he got there.

Bowden was 7-6 his last year, and FSU was 7-6 last year (5-6 with Jimbo) so at best he left them the way he found them.

Edited by Noah Fence

6 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Max Wright and Leon (O'Neal) are always talking to me," Stripling said, laughing. "Those guys love A&M. They want everybody to go to A&M."

Sounds like he realized the brainwashed aggie cult rumors are true.

2 hours ago, TBGFL said:

I wouldn't say he wasn't getting any support from admin and boosters. They weren't as inclined to cave into his demands because the guy is a colossal asshole who burned every bridge he had there. The former president at FSU, Eric Barron, made Jimbo go to anger management classes because of how he treated people. And that was back in 2012

Jimbo is great at building a program but not sustaining it.

3 hours ago, Goodman said:

Agreed but IMO those games are still toss ups. I do think most coaches will want to beat the shit out of a Fisher coached team. No idea why but he does not seem likable. 

DP--v6NUQAA9E0b.jpg

3 hours ago, Goodman said:

I do think most coaches will want to beat the shit out of a Fisher coached team. No idea why but he does not seem likable. 

Hopefully arkie Chad feels that way.  I want aggy to lose that game most.  The aggy caterwauling, gnashing of teeth and self flagellation after that one would be an all timer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Hopefully arkie Chad feels that way.  I want aggy to lose that game most.  The aggy caterwauling, gnashing of teeth and self flagellation after that one would be an all timer.

Hell daddy98 might coin Uncle Jerry during that meltdown

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Jimbo was on Bowden’s staff those years and was the de facto head coach in waiting. Anything that happened with that program in bk bobby’s last seasons also has jimbo’s fingerprints on it. 

He was the OC for 2 years before taking over. There was some impact from him but FSU started sliding under Bowden before Jimbo got there. Bowden's kid was the OC before Jimbo and he was completely inept. Their recruiting starting dropping off in 04.

When I say he left the program better than he found it, I'm talking in terms of facilities and program infrastructure.

I don’t know anything about Arkansas, but i do know that Aggie has HUGE holes in the defensive backfield (and at OL)? If aggy Chad knows anything - it how to throw the ball around.

The last two years of Rumlin recruiting are going to come home to roost in a big way for them.

4 hours ago, TBGFL said:

Maybe reviving a program would be more apt than saying Fisher built it. Mack Brown revived the Texas program, other men built it before him. People expect Texas to be very good most of the time.

Bowden built FSU from nothing if I'm not mistaken. He built the Seminoles into another team that people expect to be good most of the time. Fisher revived that after the end of the career slump Bowden had which just about all coaches do.

A&M is more like South Carolina or Michigan State. It's usually a quality win to beat them but nobody expects them to sustain a high level of play over time. Jimbo is walking into a different situation than the Aggies think he is. Nobody is disappointed that A&M isn't a top team like a lot of the public is when Texas or Alabama or OU are nowhere to be found in the top 15.

It will take a Bowdenesque effort to raise the Aggies to that next level. Bowden didn't have to deal with a strangely entitled culture that thought they had already arrived. A&M is a weird place. Maybe someday a coach will figure out how to make it all work, but I don't think Fisher is the guy. Seems like the Aggies need a young guy who can figure out how to use advantages and minimize disadvantages. 

Herman would have been scary at A&M. If he could have gotten them to throttle back on Aggieness, they are a group that is begging to be aligned. Conformity is their wet dream.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Herman would have been scary at A&M. If he could have gotten them to throttle back on Aggieness, they are a group that is begging to be aligned. Conformity is their wet dream.

A&M is throttling back their Aggieness.  The % of Aggies that are hardcore "redass Ags" is becoming smaller and smaller as the university gets bigger and bigger.  I would say only a fraction of the new students every year grew up wanting to be Aggies.  Most are going there because it's the best school that they can get into.  And, BCS may not be Austin but it's not Waco or Lubbock either and it's a traditional college town full of other college kids looking for fun and pretty much nothing else.  If you're 18-22, I'm sure BCS can be fun.  The kids going down there for those reasons are just as likely to make fun of the corps and yell leaders and the dog as you guys are and it's going to get worse (or better depending on your viewpoint) the bigger the school gets.

7 minutes ago, angelos's frog said:

A&M is throttling back their Aggieness.  The % of Aggies that are hardcore "redass Ags" is becoming smaller and smaller as the university gets bigger and bigger.  I would say only a fraction of the new students every year grew up wanting to be Aggies.  Most are going there because it's the best school that they can get into.  And, BCS may not be Austin but it's not Waco or Lubbock either and it's a traditional college town full of other college kids looking for fun and pretty much nothing else.  If you're 18-22, I'm sure BCS can be fun.  The kids going down there for those reasons are just as likely to make fun of the corps and yell leaders and the dog as you guys are and it's going to get worse (or better depending on your viewpoint) the bigger the school gets.

I was there for a swim meet so I pretty much just hit up a couple restaurants and the Dixie Chicken for tourism's sake, but is it even much of a town? Felt more like a long line of strip malls around the periphery of the school.

39 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Maybe reviving a program would be more apt than saying Fisher built it. Mack Brown revived the Texas program, other men built it before him. People expect Texas to be very good most of the time.

Bowden built FSU from nothing if I'm not mistaken. He built the Seminoles into another team that people expect to be good most of the time. Fisher revived that after the end of the career slump Bowden had which just about all coaches do.

A&M is more like South Carolina or Michigan State. It's usually a quality win to beat them but nobody expects them to sustain a high level of play over time. Jimbo is walking into a different situation than the Aggies think he is. Nobody is disappointed that A&M isn't a top team like a lot of the public is when Texas or Alabama or OU are nowhere to be found in the top 15.

It will take a Bowdenesque effort to raise the Aggies to that next level. Bowden didn't have to deal with a strangely entitled culture that thought they had already arrived. A&M is a weird place. Maybe someday a coach will figure out how to make it all work, but I don't think Fisher is the guy. Seems like the Aggies need a young guy who can figure out how to use advantages and minimize disadvantages. 

I agree about thinking jumbo can't bring aggy up, if Bryant couldn't then the writing is on the wall.

i will say there is a possibility that arky Chad might just have a good run with pig, and if that's the case then he's probably aggy Chad again inside of 5 years.  

There just might be a recipe for aggy to buy a modern championship, but it's not through ridiculously  overpaying fisher.  If he can set the table with fed-ex and an FSU style build up before he pisses everyone off and gets run out of town, and IF arky Chad turns out to be a really good coach, and IF saban retires at the right time leaving a small window of opportunity for them, THEN aggy might get a chance.  Of course there's several more stars that need to align but point made.  

10 minutes ago, angelos's frog said:

Like most Aggy claims, I’m gonna call bullshit on this. 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, angelos's frog said:

I actually agree with this. 

Commuter school kids don't practice yelling 

9 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

I’m sure aggy will claim he’s on his way to earning a fourth star. However, they can’t brag about an “offer” list this time. The only other big programs to offer were VT, Clemson, and South Carolina.

Clemson and South Carolina didn't offer.

12 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

I’m sure aggy will claim he’s on his way to earning a fourth star. However, they can’t brag about an “offer” list this time. The only other big programs to offer were VT, Clemson, and South Carolina.

Yep, they already he'll end up a 4* and that he'll "blow up" his Sr. year.

Even though Young is ranked high, this guy and Wolfe probably don't bump the composite average up for them.  Probably just north of 90 when you add in all 3.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

1 hour ago, angelos's frog said:

I don't believe you.  

1 hour ago, angelos's frog said:

you don't understand the power of Fish Camp.

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

Clemson actually didn’t offer

Edited by I Plead Da Fif
Machinator beat me to it

They got some good DL/OLB prospects last cycle - Vernon Jackson, Tyree Wilson, Wright (if his knees hold up), but I have my doubts as to whether they'll be ready to play a lot of snaps at a high level by 2019. Especially since Vernon Jackson supposedly wants to play RB/FB first. Any news on that?

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Didn't really know where to put this, but what's the thread on the aggy 247 about saying we are paying BJ Foster?  I'm sure it's something silly as usual.

Given our Angleton pipeline I'm assuming they mean we're paying the whole town, coaching staff, etc.?

Foster did actually get a new Camaro right before signing day so...

WaryEnchantedJackal-size_restricted.gif