Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

On 6/23/2018 at 7:17 PM, lemonandaturd said:

Starkel had some foot injuries and hobbled around a lot.  Mond has accuracy problems.  Man Bun was all district.  I can't remember if it was 1st string, 2nd string or honorable mention.  Foster is a true freshman.  If Clemson breaks Starkel's legs, Bama will finish Mond and then hilarity will ensue.  

Jimbo's gonna get caught between the Mond and Nick Starkel shitty.

• Like 2

From Perroni via LonghornFrenzy:

-We will start with the one that I am the most certain about.

Four-star Fort Bend Bush cornerback Erick Young spent the weekend on an official visit to USC. It was his first time in California so, not surprisingly, things went well. He enjoyed everything on campus and seeing the beach, etc.

However, even going in, the Trojans did not seem to feel they were a legit contender. I still don’t believe they are.

Young lists a final four of A&M, Ohio State, Oklahoma and USC. However, he has only officially visited two of those places and has never been to Ohio State at all. The Aggies are in very good shape here for his July 4 announcement.

Young has also said that he plans to completely shut things down once he commits. Remember, he is not one to make rash decisions. It was thought that he would commit to A&M at the same time that best friend Bobby Wolfe did at the Super Bowl party. However, Young held off because he wanted to be 100-percent sure.

I believe that, by the evening of July 4, Young will be on the Texas A&M commit list as a solid pledge.

-Another player that I believe will likely be an Aggie but that I am not as completely certain on is the aforementioned Bobby Wolfe.

The four-star cornerback from Houston Madison was a one-time A&M commit and the Aggies are in his final two, along with Arkansas, as he plans to announce this coming Saturday.

After a recent official visit to Arkansas, the Razorbacks felt very good about their chances. After an unofficial visit to A&M a couple days later, the Aggies felt good as well. Now, both do.

I believe it will be A&M but, from talking to multiple people in Houston, nobody seems to think he has 100-percent made his mind up yet. I have been cautioned by everybody that Arkansas is a legit player and it would not be the biggest surprise in the world to see him announce for the Razorbacks.

Again, I think A&M wins out in the end, but you can’t discount SEC West foe Arkansas. They are really working hard in the closing days up to Wolfe’s announcement.

-One other player that could be close to an Aggie commit is Katy Mayde Creek four-star defensive end Marcus Stripling.

Stripling had planned to take official visits before making a decision but it is no secret that the Aggies are out in front. He has considered just shutting things down earlier than planned.

I originally thought that an announcement could come this week. I don’t think it will happen quite that early but I do still believe it will happen in the summer.

That would be big having Stripling, DeMarvin Leal, Braedon Mowry and Josh Ellison in the boat, allowing the Aggies to focus on landing an edge rusher and an out-of-state tackle to finish the defensive line class

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

From Perroni via LonghornFrenzy:

Hide contents

-We will start with the one that I am the most certain about.

Four-star Fort Bend Bush cornerback Erick Young spent the weekend on an official visit to USC. It was his first time in California so, not surprisingly, things went well. He enjoyed everything on campus and seeing the beach, etc.

However, even going in, the Trojans did not seem to feel they were a legit contender. I still don’t believe they are.

Young lists a final four of A&M, Ohio State, Oklahoma and USC. However, he has only officially visited two of those places and has never been to Ohio State at all. The Aggies are in very good shape here for his July 4 announcement.

Young has also said that he plans to completely shut things down once he commits. Remember, he is not one to make rash decisions. It was thought that he would commit to A&M at the same time that best friend Bobby Wolfe did at the Super Bowl party. However, Young held off because he wanted to be 100-percent sure.

I believe that, by the evening of July 4, Young will be on the Texas A&M commit list as a solid pledge.

-Another player that I believe will likely be an Aggie but that I am not as completely certain on is the aforementioned Bobby Wolfe.

The four-star cornerback from Houston Madison was a one-time A&M commit and the Aggies are in his final two, along with Arkansas, as he plans to announce this coming Saturday.

After a recent official visit to Arkansas, the Razorbacks felt very good about their chances. After an unofficial visit to A&M a couple days later, the Aggies felt good as well. Now, both do.

I believe it will be A&M but, from talking to multiple people in Houston, nobody seems to think he has 100-percent made his mind up yet. I have been cautioned by everybody that Arkansas is a legit player and it would not be the biggest surprise in the world to see him announce for the Razorbacks.

Again, I think A&M wins out in the end, but you can’t discount SEC West foe Arkansas. They are really working hard in the closing days up to Wolfe’s announcement.

-One other player that could be close to an Aggie commit is Katy Mayde Creek four-star defensive end Marcus Stripling.

Stripling had planned to take official visits before making a decision but it is no secret that the Aggies are out in front. He has considered just shutting things down earlier than planned.

I originally thought that an announcement could come this week. I don’t think it will happen quite that early but I do still believe it will happen in the summer.

That would be big having Stripling, DeMarvin Leal, Braedon Mowry and Josh Ellison in the boat, allowing the Aggies to focus on landing an edge rusher and an out-of-state tackle to finish the defensive line class

Already backpedaling on Wolfe.

• Like 1

"That would be big having Stripling, DeMarvin Leal, Braedon Mowry and Josh Ellison in the boat, allowing the Aggies to focus on landing an edge rusher and an out-of-state tackle to finish the defensive line class"

He is still convinced a 280 lb high school senior is till gonna be a DE? Wake up and smell the jizz.

6 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

"That would be big having Stripling, DeMarvin Leal, Braedon Mowry and Josh Ellison in the boat, allowing the Aggies to focus on landing an edge rusher and an out-of-state tackle to finish the defensive line class"

He is still convinced a 280 lb high school senior is till gonna be a DE? Wake up and smell the jizz.

What he is personally convinced of, and what the ministry of information want him to report are likely completely different.

From that same thread from Wiltfong:

Steve,

I wanted to chime in on this thread.

What the average fan around the country doesn't realize is how powerful Texas A&M has become. We are one of the top 5 universities in the US in size. 66.000 students at the main campus and continuing to grow at a record pace. The State of Texas is the 10th or 11th largest economy in the world by itself. As the economy continues to boom in Texas the University will grow with it. People are moving into the state at an amazing clip. You have to finish in the top 8% of your high school class to even be considered to be admitted to the school. A&M has the most Fortune 100 CEO's of all the schools in the country. So its generating smart successful graduates. All that money eventually comes back to the university.

Jimbo left Florida State because he sees the future. Florida is a poor state compared to Texas. He was limited there. There is no ceiling at Texas A&M. Nothing but big time upside. You are at the largest school in the most powerful state in the US. A&M was an all military school with 7,000 students and no girls back in the 1970's. That's why the sports history is limited. When you combine Academics, Resources, Traditions, and an unlimited future A&M is arguably the best football job (not program yet) in America. That is why the football revenue has been at the top the last few years. Some of these football programs that you would think is a better opportunity than A&M are not even close when you combine everything mentioned above. So the point is don't think A&M cant be an elite program. Its just beginning.

"Florida is a poor state compared to Texas. He was limited there"

First statement is stretching it. Florida isn't poor. Is it an economic giant like Texas? No but to call it poor is stretching it.

Second statement is horseshit. Jimbo was limited in the fact that he wasn't given unfettered control over the purse strings.

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Talking about Leon O'Neal:

DgkMuokV4AENOGJ.jpgDgkMvzRV4AEmDPi.jpg

Lol. Trying to knock Foster for being injury prone while at the same time taking a "DE" that blew out both knees in high school. "Trust, Jimbo he will do more with more" You mean take #3 team and playoff contender and crash it into the ground, seriously did the 2017 FSU season just not happen according to aggy?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Lol. Trying to knock Foster for being injury prone while at the same time taking a "DE" that blew out both knees in high school. "Trust, Jimbo he will do more with more" You mean take #3 team and playoff contender and crash it into the ground, seriously did the 2017 FSU season just not happen according to aggy?

Yes. This. They literally just say "well the QB got hurt" and change the subject. Because that's a good enough reason for BC to go in 35-3 without lube on any Florida State team.

Edited by texifornia

247 national analyst Chris Hummer posts his Top Head Coaching Job with the following criteria. It was a pretty standard list with the usual suspects. He used the following criteria 

Spoiler

Knowing how subjective a list like this can be, we’ve attempted to make it somewhat analytical by assigning certain metrics a point value in order to help sort teams. Below is the methodology and point system we utilized:

Championships Won Over Last Decade: 1 point (A division title), 2 points (A conference title), 3 points (Multiple conference titles and/or multiple major bowl appearances), 4 points (A playoff or national title game appearance), 5 points (A national title)

Recruiting Over Last Decade: 1 point (No top 10 classes or five-star recruits), 2 points (One top 10 class or five-star recruit), 3 points (Multiple top 10 classes and/or five-star recruits), 4 points (A top 5 class), 5 points (Multiple top 5 classes)

Revenue*: 1 point (No top 25 finishes within last 3 years), 2 points (Top 25 revenue finish), 3 points (Multiple Top 25 finishes), 4 (A top 10 finish), 5 (Multiple top 10 finishes)

Pressure: 1 point (Extreme job volatility), 2 points (High volatility), 3 points (Moderate volatility), 4 points (Some volatility), 5 (Low volatility)

Daddy98 45136 posts

8 hours agovia Mobile

Top jobs on ability to win a nc which is what makes it a top job. 
Very easy.

Bama 
Ohio St 
USC 
LSU

These 4 no question. U get to coach a roster full of NFL players no matter who u are.

Next 6 
Ga close to being there. 
Florida 
FSU (just so much talent to coach) 
Michigan 
Auburn 
A&m

Next 5 
Ou stoops did a magical job there 
Clemson (tells u what I think about dabo ) stud 
Penn st 
Texas (leadership has proven to be a thorn into football ) 
ND

Tennessee made a lot of bad hires 
Wisky 
Miami 
Nebraska not what it once was 
Stanford ability to coach 5 nfl ol

of course this drunk posts this hilarious reply. 

Of course he’s mocked by most 

Edited by Neonmoon

The O'neal collapse is going to be glorious to watch. With as vocal as O'neal is and the fact he holds grudges (see how he treated the Longhorns signees last cycle) you know he's going to blame the coaches and A&M once he flames out. 

The same aggys that are hyping O'Neal will be apocalyptic when he criticizes the coaching staff. 

I'd really like to know what constitutes an "SEC safety." aggy actually believes that there is a body type/athletic profile at the collegiate level that designates one specific type of player as an "SEC ready" player. We are talking about 16-17 year old human kids here. The myth of "SEC style" athletes is just so fucking stupid. Yes, Alabama and LSU in recent history have produced teams with bigger bodies on their D lines. It is called elite recruiting. Yes, the SEC runs more conservative offensive football typically than the Big 12. But the SEC powerhouse programs, of which aggy is not nor will ever be, recruit the same kids from all over the country. Just because a kid commits and plays for an SEC team does not transform him into a different physical specimen. It is fucking comic book shit. According to aggy, committing to the SEC is like wearing the Infinity Gauntlet. Leon O'Neal is basically Thanos.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Did aggy drop auto accept from 10% to 8%? Either way, are they also stupid enough to think their entire freshman class of eleventy billion students each year is made up of automatic admissions? Are they stupid enough to not understand that, after the auto accept admissions, the remainder are accepted or rejected (giggle) by standard admissions procedures? Of course they’re that stupid. That’s really just a warmup lap for them. They have not even begun to ramp up their stupidity. They’ve got it to spare. Engage them in a discussion of alchemy, cold fusion, or their rightful place in the pantheon of blue blood football programs. That’s when they achieve their true potential; stupidity at ludicrous speed, turned up to 11, and transcending full retard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ifiwaspresident said:

Did aggy drop auto accept from 10% to 8%? Either way, are they also stupid enough to think their entire freshman class of eleventy billion students each year is made up of automatic admissions? Are they stupid enough to not understand that, after the auto accept admissions, the remainder are accepted or rejected (giggle) by standard admissions procedures? Of course they’re that stupid. That’s really just a warmup lap for them. They have not even begun to ramp up their stupidity. They’ve got it to spare. Engage them in a discussion of alchemy, cold fusion, or their rightful place in the pantheon of blue blood football programs. That’s when they achieve their true potential; stupidity at ludicrous speed, turned up to 11, and transcending full retard.

It is not that they don't know, they just choose to be willfully dishonest whenever they think they can get away with it.

I mean, the actual school administrators are out there trying to sell that they have the second largest endowment of every school in the country. Why would one of the rank and file students/fans also feel comfortable telling outright lies?

Edited by Orange^White

Perroni 

Katy (Texas) Mayde Creek defensive end Marcus Stripling is one of the top targets left uncommitted in the state of Texas. The 6-foot-3, 260-pound defender has offers from all over the country and wants to take some official visits before committing.

"I had thought about committing early but I think I'm going to wait now," the nation's No. 145 overall prospect said. "I want to use my official visits. I want to go on my trips and see what each school has to offer. I haven't used any yet, so I'm going to take them during the season."

Stripling says he knows which five schools will likely receive those visits.

"I'm going to go to A&M, Alabama, Texas, OU and Syracuse," he said. "Syracuse is new but they're in New York, so I want to check them out."

Stripling says he is in regular contact with the A&M coaching staff.

"They think I'm very versatile," he said. "They said I could play the three-tech or play and be like Von Miller. I could stand up, put my hand down, whatever. I like that they're willing to use me in a lot of ways."

The coaches are not the only ones recruiting Stripling for the Aggies. A few incoming freshman have been as well.

"Max Wright and Leon (O'Neal) are always talking to me," Stripling said, laughing. "Those guys love A&M. They want everybody to go to A&M."

Stripling will be in action this coming weekend at The Opening Finals in Frisco.

2 minutes ago, txhorns said:

My favorite part of this is the trust in Jimbo mindset.  Jimbo didn't want Leon O'Neal until he got to aggy and had no other options.  He never offered Leon when at FSU.

Every time I read anyone say "Trust the coaches" it makes my teeth itch, and it's because of garbage like this shit that has been spread over for years. And I don't just mean their fanbase. It's in ours too. "Trust the coaches, Shawn Watson has forgotten more about coaching than you'll ever know." I prefer to subscribe to the "Trust but verify" model. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but only once, and I'll be skeptical until proven otherwise.

The shit with O'neal is that shit on steroids. God those are some dumb motherfuckers over there.

3 minutes ago, txhorns said:

My favorite part of this is the trust in Jimbo mindset.  Jimbo didn't want Leon O'Neal until he got to aggy and had no other options.  He never offered Leon when at FSU.

stupid sip - that's because Jimbo can see the future and didnt need to offer Leon as he was already offered at the school that Jimbo was meant for - TEXAS BY GAWD A&M

or 

stupid sip that's because Jimbo knew Leon was an aggie thru and thru and didn't want to go head to head for the SEC speedster

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Every time I read anyone say "Trust the coaches" it makes my teeth itch, and it's because of garbage like this shit that has been spread over for years. And I don't just mean their fanbase. It's in ours too. "Trust the coaches, Shawn Watson has forgotten more about coaching than you'll ever know." I prefer to subscribe to the "Trust but verify" model. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but only once, and I'll be skeptical until proven otherwise.

The shit with O'neal is that shit on steroids. God those are some dumb motherfuckers over there.

Jimbo's Precious says, 'Advantage aggy'.

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Perroni 

Katy (Texas) Mayde Creek defensive end Marcus Stripling is one of the top targets left uncommitted in the state of Texas. The 6-foot-3, 260-pound defender has offers from all over the country and wants to take some official visits before committing.

"I had thought about committing early but I think I'm going to wait now," the nation's No. 145 overall prospect said. "I want to use my official visits. I want to go on my trips and see what each school has to offer. I haven't used any yet, so I'm going to take them during the season."

Stripling says he knows which five schools will likely receive those visits.

"I'm going to go to A&M, Alabama, Texas, OU and Syracuse," he said. "Syracuse is new but they're in New York, so I want to check them out."

Stripling says he is in regular contact with the A&M coaching staff.

"They think I'm very versatile," he said. "They said I could play the three-tech or play and be like Von Miller. I could stand up, put my hand down, whatever. I like that they're willing to use me in a lot of ways."

The coaches are not the only ones recruiting Stripling for the Aggies. A few incoming freshman have been as well.

"Max Wright and Leon (O'Neal) are always talking to me," Stripling said, laughing. "Those guys love A&M. They want everybody to go to A&M."

Stripling will be in action this coming weekend at The Opening Finals in Frisco.

Jimbo is telling this kid that he can be a 3 technique or Von Miller? Solid recruiting pitch. Just carpet bomb all of the buzzwords. 

1 hour ago, txhorns said:

Jimbo didn't want Leon O'Neal until he got to aggy and had no other options.  He never offered Leon when at FSU.

Well that's because FSU isn't as good as the by gawd SEC, ya GD stupid sip.  ruff stuff, real tuff SEC style SAFETY!!!

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jimbo wasn't going to be fired, just to be clear. But what was about to happen was the plummeting bookcase he pulled down on himself was about to actually about to land on him and crush his ass. His program wasn't getting any better, he wasn't getting any support or leeway from his board and administrators and boosters, he was facing new and hungrier enemies all over Florida, and he wasn't going to be getting any new or massive pay raises at Florida State after he self-immolated the entire program from the inside out. Oh, and reports are his players had turned on the guy. So he packed up his bags, took the last massive pay raise he was likely ever going to get, and moved to hillbilly land where he will be worshiped like a god for once winning something somewhere else. Period.

"Sees the future." All aggy ever sees is the motherfucking future. It's a perpetual utopia that permanently stays fixed on the horizon no matter how fast they run, like children chasing rainbows all afternoon after a spring shower and swearing that just 1 more mile and they'll have their pot of gold. 

When Jimbo got to Florida, the ACC sucked, Florida was awful and Miami was awful.  Clemson stepped up in the ACC to be the dominant program.  Louisville improved.  Miami improved.  It was not the same landscape.  He was getting owned and trending down since Winston left.

True but the sec west could be argued to be down. arkie, msu and olemiss have new(er) coaches, have not recruited like they were a few years ago. lsu is led by Ogre. Auburn is what they always are, inconsistent and play down to its competition. bama is rolling. Not much in the West, add in a good East draw with esce & uk, plus 3/4 easy games in ooc. Clemson, Bama & maybe auburn roll but outside of that its a bunch of below average teams equal to aggie.