Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

It is really incredible that the aggy coattail riding extends to the level of a position coach taking credit for recruiting (not actually coaching) the historical GOAT from their despised “rival.”  That shit is truly peak aggy. 

Edited by Sejjr
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

It is really incredible that the aggy coattail riding extends to the level of a position coach taking credit for recruiting the historical GOAT from their despised “rival.”  That shit is truly peak aggy. 

To be fair, it's an improvement over finished fourth in various track meets.

I read a really fun thread where aggy was running numbers how they could finish with the number 2-3 class and who they would need to land, and most realizing it was impossible and most likely finishing anywhere from 4-8,  and mainly because they have a lot of 3 stars,  then the "i'll trust the staff's evaluations" arguments started popping up. 

It was glorious. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I read a really fun thread where aggy was running numbers how they could finish with the number 2-3 class and who they would need to land, and most realizing it was impossible and most likely finishing anywhere from 4-8,  and mainly because they have a lot of 3 stars,  then the "i'll trust the staff's evaluations" arguments started popping up. 

It was glorious. 

That's what the best in the business call "Real. Recruiting". 

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

It was glorious. 

Yeah I read that.  Also saw a lot of talk how a lot of those 3 stars should be bumped to 4 stars.

1 minute ago, Orange^White said:

The first thing the staff did when they arrived was promise a 1-2 ranked class and they can't deliver it. So sure, go ahead and trust them.

Clear lee Jimbo meant top 1-2 ranked class in the state of Texas 

• Like 1

Stupid sips it is a BOMC to rank these recruits this low. Everyone is at least a four star and rising. Just trust the coaches, their diamonds in the rough will soon shine through. We have measured forearms and are on the right track to begin order our National Championship Rings for the year 2257.

On 6/17/2018 at 7:58 PM, RomaVicta said:

I wrote earlier that I was impressed with Layden from his film and he's not a wasted scholarship by any means. The sadness/pathos above is more about the Aggie reporters than anything else.

I'm sure that Layden is a fine young man and I congratulate him on his free ride, but his other offers were from the likes of Alcorn State, Northwestern State, UT San Antonio, Howard, Kansas, UTEP, some Louisiana directional schools ..... and Nebraska.

12 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I'm sure that Layden is a fine young man and I congratulate him on his free ride, but his other offers were from the likes of Alcorn State, Northwestern State, UT San Antonio, Howard, Kansas, UTEP, some Louisiana directional schools ..... and Nebraska.

I know. The earlier discussion about him ended in a consensus that he's the kind of player many schools would take later in the year with the potential to be a solid if unspectacular player. I concurred with that and think that qualifies as "not a wasted scholarship."

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

It was glorious. 

Other coaches, including Saban and Meyer, use Jimbo as a bird dog because he and his staff will not be outworked. All of the college coaches in the entire world breathlessly await to see who Fisher offers and generally follow suit. If they don't, its' because they know they have no chance against what A&M offers or their too dumb to recognize the sleeping giant hidden diamond baller's abilities.

Real recruiting. Were going to the Super Bowl.

Edited by RomaVicta

3 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

The other day it was "One of the few coaches in THE WORLD with a natty" . 

When the Longhorn CWS game was lightning delayed Sunday, I saw a little bit of that goober, Marty Smith, interview various coaches in contrived situations.  He and Jimbo were horseback riding and they showed some graphic about how few CURRENT coaches there are with National Championship wins as head coaches.  That is what they are referring to.  But aggy does what aggy does: exaggerate, conflate and mislead.

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
dumbassery

18 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Other coaches, including Saban and Meyer, use Jimbo as a bird dog because he and his staff will not be outworked. All of the college coaches in the entire world breathlessly await to see who Fisher offers and generally follow suit. If they don't, its' because they know they have no chance against what A&M offers or their too dumb to recognize the sleeping giant hidden diamond baller's abilities.

Real recruiting. Were going to the Super Bowl.

2ci6xo.jpg

• Like 1

The Station is recruitin at the same lever as Bama and Georgia, you stupid fucking sips! Time is up on kissy face Herman!! 

Also, an aggy saying "act like you've been there before" is my new favorite aggy quote. I wonder if that aggy is 90 years old?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

The Station is recruitin at the same lever as Bama and Georgia, you stupid fucking sips! Time is up on kissy face Herman!! 

Also, an aggy saying "act like you've been there before" is my new favorite aggy quote. I wonder if that aggy is 90 years old?

aggy struts like a peacock with every Bama win.