Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

43 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They shape shift into reflections of their coach immediately. 

That might have been great for any of us looking to cuck some aggy with MILFs, but finding aggy's with MILFs is unlikely...unless you are Vic. 

Edited by rickyspub

(Brian Perroni) The Opening Finals 2018: Lots of A&M commits, targets in action

For the first time, The Opening Finals will not be held on the NIKE campus in Beaverton, Ore. Instead, this year 150 of the top prospects from across the nation will make their way to the Lone Star State. This year’s The Opening Finals will be held in Frisco, Texas, from June 30-July 3. With it not being in an open area such as the fields in the middle of the NIKE campus, it is unclear just yet what the rule will be for spectators. However, even if Texas A&M fans are not able to be there in person, there will still be a lot of players of interest for them to watch in the coverage.

AGGIE COMMITS IN ACTION

Texas A&M will have a trio of commitments in action in D/FW. That number could climb to four before the event kicks off, but more on that in a second. Five-star Atascocita offensive tackle Kenyon Green and five-star Dallas Bishop Dunne safety Brian Williams lead the way. Both have a chance to improve their stock even more, for sure. Williams is the one that has not been seen by a ton of national eyes in person yet, so he could go a long way in showing outstanding coverage ability for a safety. Fellow safety Demani Richardson, a four-star prospect from Waxahachie, is another player that has not been seen much in person by the national media. A big, violent hitter, Richardson will be another player with a chance to show off his coverage skills.

OTHER TOP TARGETS

A&M does not currently have a commitment at the cornerback position, but the Aggies top three targets will be in action. Those are Jeffery Carter of Mansfield Legacy, Erick Young of Fort Bend Bush and Bobby Wolfe of Houston Madison. There is a very real possibility of A&M landing all three. In fact, Wolfe plans to announce his commitment on June 30, so he could add to the number of A&M commits at the event. Young will announce the day after it ends, revealing his decision on July 4. Carter looks to be an A&M/Alabama battle. Katy Mayde Creek defensive end Marcus Stripling is one of the top remaining targets left for A&M on either side of the ball. The 6-foot-3, 260-pound four-star prospect will be going up against a very strong group of offensive linemen, so he will definitely be tested.

One of those offensive linemen he will face is Houston North Forest offensive tackle Javonne Shepherd. Once thought to be a strong A&M lean, Texas now has momentum with the four-star standout. You can bet that quite a few Aggie commits will be in his ear during the event, though. Horn Lake, Miss., five-star linebacker Nakobe Dean recently made his way to Aggieland for an unofficial visit. The nation’s top inside linebacker has family in Texas, so it does not hurt to have him getting comfortable with the idea of being in the borders of the Lone Star State.

Fellow linebacker Nick Jackson out of Atlanta (Ga.) Lovett was at the same Aggie Elite Day event as Dean. The high three-star prospect plans to likely visit A&M again on an official visit during the season. A&M does not have a running back commitment yet, but Isaiah Spiller of Klein Collins is one they have zeroed in on. The state’s top-rated back, the four-star prospect is an Aggie legacy and excels catching the ball, so he should put on a show in Frisco.

UNDERCLASSMEN

There are only a handful of class of 2020 prospects that have been invited and two of them just happen to be top Aggie running back targets. Five-star Zachary Evans from North Shore is ranked as the top running back in the nation and for good reason. He also represents an opportunity for A&M to sign its first player from his high school since the class of 2000. Alabama, LSU and Texas are also in good shape with him. Aledo five-star running back Jase McClellan made a very early commitment to Oklahoma. However, that has not stopped A&M from continuing to heavily pursue him. McClellan has reciprocated the interest as well, having made the trip to College Station.

54 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

If any of you know your Texags/360 board history - this is the older brother of “Tagteam”

I knew him IRL....

Dallas Jesuit, aggy, fat, unathletic, suburban.

100% B team.

Definition of aggy.

Just going to Jesuit garners douchebag status. Jesuit and Aggy..... doubling down.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

The "little brother" stuff is so sad.  Iget the piggybacking on the SEC.  I get the "We could be on the rise" stuff.  But little brother is such a sad, sad way to go.

Especially when you consider that the fans of every other team considers us the big brother if they have to choose

4 hours ago, rickyspub said:

That might have been great for any of us looking to cuck some aggy with MILFs, but finding aggy's with MILFs is unlikely...unless you are Vic. 

My God, Vic has never seen a MILF (meaning one I consider somewhat attractive and, thus, not huge) as far as I know. His Pen of Pigs thread was hideous on Shaggy (haven't checked to see if Surly is lucky enough to have escaped its migration).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

Alabama has to love the aggys. They sell Texas kids on the SEC (since they have nothing else to offer) and Bama takes the ones they want. 

Wouldn't it have been cheaper for aggy just to pay Saban to retire, then they wouldn't have to spend $75M on Jimbo, with no guarantees?  

7 hours ago, The Dog said:

OMG a Tag brother sighting.

Dunno about these guys, but it seems ol Mike might be a little too addicted to message boards- can't stay awake on the job. The disturbing levels of vengeance and retribution don't surprise me though (aggie).

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2010/01/28/dallas-police-officer-suspende-1

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/04/07/dallas-man-fighting-same-ticket-for-third-time/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Wouldn't it have been cheaper for aggy just to pay Saban to retire, then they wouldn't have to spend $75M on Jimbo, with no guarantees?  

You expect them to do the smart thing? Give a poor, unintelligent person sudden wealth and you get... aggy. Poor choices, leading to others getting rich, and nothing to show for it on their end.

Edited by Casual Encounter

17 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Dunno about these guys, but it seems ol Mike might be a little too addicted to message boards- can't stay awake on the job. The disturbing levels of vengeance and retribution don't surprise me though (aggie).

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2010/01/28/dallas-police-officer-suspende-1

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/04/07/dallas-man-fighting-same-ticket-for-third-time/

Aggy

Dork 

Police Officer 

all we are missing is the home in Kingwood and Ford 150 in the driveway with the SEC sticker 

Edited by Neonmoon

5 hours ago, Gardner Barnes said:

If any of you know your Texags/360 board history - this is the older brother of “Tagteam”

I knew him IRL....

Dallas Jesuit, aggy, fat, unathletic, suburban.

100% B team.

Definition of aggy.

These guys made 13-0 Branding Iron look sane. 

And this is proof we are gettin' old. ;)

Looks like an arky mod put in a pick for Wolfe to piggy.  Would be hilarious even though he's overrated IMO.

Edit:  to add on to this, rumors on the aggy boards is he may be back visiting arky today/weekend and his Twitter is a buncha' arky stuff.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

Holy shit. Was that guy Beergut on SB Nation before they took the site away from him for being terrible? That fuck needs to get a life.

22 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Holy shit. Was that guy Beergut on SB Nation before they took the site away from him for being terrible? That fuck needs to get a life.

Think you are right. One of those Taglienti brothers was at SBNation. He's also all over twitter.

I'm almost positive this is the guy that tried to argue with me a few years ago that A&M's baseball program is historically better than Texas. I wish I was joking. 

Edited by texasstrong12

8 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

For those that don't want to click on the link, I will summarize:

No matter what the CB predictions are, aggy is "in good shape" for every uncommitted recruit and don't count any of them out yet.

• Like 1

Dead period VIP notes

Brian Perroni 66966 posts

115 seconds agoVIP

-Alabama had its big barbecue weekend and the visitor list was impressive for the Tide. However, one player that was missing was Baton Rouge (La.) U-High athlete Christian Harris.

The 6-foot-1, 225-pound four-star prospect, who Texas A&M is recruiting as a linebacker, had once been thought to be a virtual Alabama lock, with an announcement coming at some point in the summer. He let his intentions be known that he would not be in Tuscaloosa a day or two before and Harris ending up with the Tide is looking less and less likely due to a couple reasons.

This is the same subject that I recently posted about but A&M has done a very, very good job recruiting him. Mike Elko coached Harris’ older brother Tylor at Wake Forest and has made a very good connection with both Harris and his family. Also, for whatever reason, Alabama has not been after him as hard lately.

Even if the Tide were still putting the full-court press on, A&M did a great job at the Aggie Elite Day. I am feeling more and more confident with my Crystal Ball prediction of Harris to the Aggies. I also would still not be shocked if he decided to end things a little sooner than his stated plan of after the season.

-There have been a lot of questions about Houston Madison cornerback Bobby Wolfe and Arkansas feeling optimistic about a head-to-head battle with Texas A&M.

Wolfe is still set to announce on June 30, one week from today, and it is between the Aggies and Razorbacks. His recent official visit to Fayetteville went very well and Arkansas was left thinking Wolfe would end up there. However, A&M did a good job of countering the trip, getting him on campus a couple days later for an unofficial visit and a one-day camp.

Though Wolfe could throw a curveball, I don’t expect it to happen. I still believe he will announce for A&M next weekend. The Aggies are not taking the Razorbacks lightly at all, but there is also optimism at A&M in landing him.

I also believe that, a few days later on July 4, A&M will land his good friend and fellow four-star cornerback Erick Young. Young is on an official visit to USC right now but I don’t think the Trojans are a legitimate threat.

-There was some thought that four-star Mansfield Legacy cornerback Jeffery Carter, formerly of Aledo, could commit to Alabama while in Tuscaloosa this weekend. So far, at least, that has not happened and I don’t think it will.

Obviously, that would be very good news for A&M. Carter has come close to committing to several schools so far but the one constant has been A&M. Look for the Aggies to get him back on campus after the dead period.

-A few of you noticed that I put in a Crystal Ball pick for 2020 Houston Austin four-star quarterback Malik Hornsby to A&M.

I don’t believe the dual-threat passer is close to making a decision but I think the Aggies have done a very good job of counteracting the fact that he grew up a fan of Texas. There is some optimism at A&M about the Aggie landing him and the camp visit with his entire family went about as well as could be expected.

Things could obviously change over the next year but A&M is in good shape with its top overall quarterback target in the class of 2020.

Texas already has a pledge from Hudson Card and, while the Longhorns are still after Hornsby, it is obviously not ideal for him to enter a situation where there are two four-star passers in a class. That is something that A&M is able to sell – Hornsby being the only guy.

-It is already early evening and Houston North Forest offensive tackle Javonne Shepherd has not announced a commitment today. That would lead me to believe he does not plan to do so.

That is good news for A&M as June 23 was the day that he had planned to make a decision. Shepherd has been saying that he will wait now and take some officials and it looks like that will be what actually happens.

It almost assuredly would be Texas if he announced today. While there is no guarantee that changes, this definitely buys the Aggies more time with him.

-I am still hearing there is a chance Katy Mayde Creek defensive end Marcus Stripling could make a decision sooner rather than later.

The Aggies are building momentum and some of the top targets want to be part of that. Stripling has long been a very heavy A&M lean and I’ve been told by a couple people that he is strongly considering just shutting down the process without the official visits

A day where no one commits to another school is yet another great victory for Texas A&M and clear evidence that Jimbo and crew are doing very well. Stay tuned for another great day tomorrow where players not committing elsewhere are surely thinking hard about the dear old Fightin' Texas Aggies from Texas A&M, the state's premier SEC team.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

-Alabama had its big barbecue weekend and the visitor list was impressive for the Tide. However, one player that was missing was Baton Rouge (La.) U-High athlete Christian Harris.

The 6-foot-1, 225-pound four-star prospect, who Texas A&M is recruiting as a linebacker, had once been thought to be a virtual Alabama lock, with an announcement coming at some point in the summer. He let his intentions be known that he would not be in Tuscaloosa a day or two before and Harris ending up with the Tide is looking less and less likely due to a couple reasons.

This is the same subject that I recently posted about but A&M has done a very, very good job recruiting him. Mike Elko coached Harris’ older brother Tylor at Wake Forest and has made a very good connection with both Harris and his family. Also, for whatever reason, Alabama has not been after him as hard lately.

Even if the Tide were still putting the full-court press on, A&M did a great job at the Aggie Elite Day. I am feeling more and more confident with my Crystal Ball prediction of Harris to the Aggies. I also would still not be shocked if he decided to end things a little sooner than his stated plan of after the season.

Bama insiders have been saying for awhile now that Bama moved on from Harris, and that he later tried to commit and they wouldn't take it 

Of course, this will be framed by aggies as a head to head win over Bammer

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Dead period VIP notes

Brian Perroni 66966 posts

115 seconds agoVIP

-There have been a lot of questions about Houston Madison cornerback Bobby Wolfe and Arkansas feeling optimistic about a head-to-head battle with Texas A&M.

Wolfe is still set to announce on June 30, one week from today, and it is between the Aggies and Razorbacks. His recent official visit to Fayetteville went very well and Arkansas was left thinking Wolfe would end up there. However, A&M did a good job of countering the trip, getting him on campus a couple days later for an unofficial visit and a one-day camp.

Though Wolfe could throw a curveball, I don’t expect it to happen. I still believe he will announce for A&M next weekend. The Aggies are not taking the Razorbacks lightly at all, but there is also optimism at A&M in landing him.

I also believe that, a few days later on July 4, A&M will land his good friend and fellow four-star cornerback Erick Young. Young is on an official visit to USC right now but I don’t think the Trojans are a legitimate threat.

-There was some thought that four-star Mansfield Legacy cornerback Jeffery Carter, formerly of Aledo, could commit to Alabama while in Tuscaloosa this weekend. So far, at least, that has not happened and I don’t think it will.

Obviously, that would be very good news for A&M. Carter has come close to committing to several schools so far but the one constant has been A&M. Look for the Aggies to get him back on campus after the dead period.

-A few of you noticed that I put in a Crystal Ball pick for 2020 Houston Austin four-star quarterback Malik Hornsby to A&M.

I don’t believe the dual-threat passer is close to making a decision but I think the Aggies have done a very good job of counteracting the fact that he grew up a fan of Texas. There is some optimism at A&M about the Aggie landing him and the camp visit with his entire family went about as well as could be expected.

Things could obviously change over the next year but A&M is in good shape with its top overall quarterback target in the class of 2020.

Texas already has a pledge from Hudson Card and, while the Longhorns are still after Hornsby, it is obviously not ideal for him to enter a situation where there are two four-star passers in a class. That is something that A&M is able to sell – Hornsby being the only guy.

-It is already early evening and Houston North Forest offensive tackle Javonne Shepherd has not announced a commitment today. That would lead me to believe he does not plan to do so.

That is good news for A&M as June 23 was the day that he had planned to make a decision. Shepherd has been saying that he will wait now and take some officials and it looks like that will be what actually happens.

It almost assuredly would be Texas if he announced today. While there is no guarantee that changes, this definitely buys the Aggies more time with him.

-I am still hearing there is a chance Katy Mayde Creek defensive end Marcus Stripling could make a decision sooner rather than later.

The Aggies are building momentum and some of the top targets want to be part of that. Stripling has long been a very heavy A&M lean and I’ve been told by a couple people that he is strongly considering just shutting down the process without the official visits

Which one of you wrote this? This is way too rational for Perroni. 

5 minutes ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

Aggy getting one QB recruit this year in Calzone and going for one QB next year in Hornsby is excellent roster management. It worked so well for Mack and Charlie. Hahaha

Getting 1 qb a year is not a problem as long as you don't miss 3x in a row like Texas has for one reason or another. So don't act like taking 1 qb is a bad thing or a stupid recruiting move because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about 

14 minutes ago, Fud said:

Bama insiders have been saying for awhile now that Bama moved on from Harris, and that he later tried to commit and they wouldn't take it 

Of course, this will be framed by aggies as a head to head win over Bammer

It's the only kind they can hope for.

Aggy is all about tempering expectations 

Spoiler

A&M roster breakdown: Can Luke Matthews be an impact freshman?

Matthews is another in the line of the Matthews family who have made it to Aggieland. At 6 foot 4 and 300 pounds, he was rated as a four-star prospect by 247sports.com. His list of honors is long and distinguished as he was named to both Dave Campbell's Magazine Preseason Super Team as well as their Postseason Tops in Texas First Team. He was named a Houston Touchdown Club Public School Offensive Player of the Year finalist. Brothers Kevin, Jake and Mike all played ahead of him College Station and of course his father Bruce Matthews was inducted in the NFL Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility in 2007 after a 19 year career with the Houston Oilers and Tennessee Titans. He played in the U.S. Army All-American Game and chose the Aggies over Florida State, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri and Texas amng others.

When you watch him on film, he strikes you as a between brothers Mike (an undersized center who was technically proficient and gave great effort) and Jake (who was also a great technician but was longer and had the feet necessary to play on the edge). However, Luke is bulkier and probably better suited to play on the interior.

Matthews has good feet in terms of being a short area player which helps him out on his aiming points versus defenders across from him on both inside and outside zone. He has the great technique of someone whose relatives played in the NFL and college. For example, on toss and stretch, he can come off of the ball, keep his body parallel to the line of scrimmage, move down it, and engage people. He is always attempting to engage people with his hands and is much better at this than most players his age. He plays with a lot of punch at times, particularly in pass protection where he anchors well with a powerful base. As a drive blocker, Matthews gets his hands on you, stays engaged, and seeks to finish blocks by burying people if necessary.

Matthews could possess better body control but otherwise he is going to have all of the tools that he needs to play early at A&M. Given the issues in the Aggies' offensive line, Matthews is a prime candidate to see the field early out of the 2018 recruiting class.

Isn’t this the Matthews that’s a JAG

13 minutes ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

Aggy getting one QB recruit this year in Calzone and going for one QB next year in Hornsby is excellent roster management. It worked so well for Mack and Charlie. Hahaha

They have: 

Starkel (Rs. So.)

Mond (So.) 

Blumrick (Rs. Fr.)

Foster (Fr.)

They need attrition/transfers before they think about taking more than one qb in any class. 

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

I know they bought Foster, but is he any good? For their sake, he better be. If they are relying on Starkel Motion/ Mond for the next couple years, they could be fucked 

Care to explain?

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I know they bought Foster, but is he any good? For their sake, he better be. If they are relying on Starkel Motion/ Mond for the next couple years, they could be fucked 

He's really raw but talented. Jimbo does much better with guys who are polished passers before they get to college. Auburn, Bama, and LSU passed on him.

• Like 1

Starkel had some foot injuries and hobbled around a lot.  Mond has accuracy problems.  Man Bun was all district.  I can't remember if it was 1st string, 2nd string or honorable mention.  Foster is a true freshman.  If Clemson breaks Starkel's legs, Bama will finish Mond and then hilarity will ensue.  

44 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Aggy is all about tempering expectations 

Reveal hidden contents

A&M roster breakdown: Can Luke Matthews be an impact freshman?

Matthews is another in the line of the Matthews family who have made it to Aggieland. At 6 foot 4 and 300 pounds, he was rated as a four-star prospect by 247sports.com. His list of honors is long and distinguished as he was named to both Dave Campbell's Magazine Preseason Super Team as well as their Postseason Tops in Texas First Team. He was named a Houston Touchdown Club Public School Offensive Player of the Year finalist. Brothers Kevin, Jake and Mike all played ahead of him College Station and of course his father Bruce Matthews was inducted in the NFL Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility in 2007 after a 19 year career with the Houston Oilers and Tennessee Titans. He played in the U.S. Army All-American Game and chose the Aggies over Florida State, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri and Texas amng others.

When you watch him on film, he strikes you as a between brothers Mike (an undersized center who was technically proficient and gave great effort) and Jake (who was also a great technician but was longer and had the feet necessary to play on the edge). However, Luke is bulkier and probably better suited to play on the interior.

Matthews has good feet in terms of being a short area player which helps him out on his aiming points versus defenders across from him on both inside and outside zone. He has the great technique of someone whose relatives played in the NFL and college. For example, on toss and stretch, he can come off of the ball, keep his body parallel to the line of scrimmage, move down it, and engage people. He is always attempting to engage people with his hands and is much better at this than most players his age. He plays with a lot of punch at times, particularly in pass protection where he anchors well with a powerful base. As a drive blocker, Matthews gets his hands on you, stays engaged, and seeks to finish blocks by burying people if necessary.

Matthews could possess better body control but otherwise he is going to have all of the tools that he needs to play early at A&M. Given the issues in the Aggies' offensive line, Matthews is a prime candidate to see the field early out of the 2018 recruiting class.

Isn’t this the Matthews that’s a JAG

Do they have anybody that can play either Tackle spot?  Seems like that roster is full of interior type OL's.  Which makes those four 2020 OL takes even more hilarious.