Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

26 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Leal told Bama 247 that they're tied for him with aggy

the quotes ... 

Alabama and Texas A&M went head to head for one of the nation’s top defensive lineman in Bobby Brown in the 2018 recruiting cycle. The Aggies won out in the end, but not before the Tide made it interesting flipping the Arlington (Texas) Lamar product during the Early Signing Period. Another Nick Saban-Jimbo Fisher battle is brewing in 2019 after the Tide hosted four-star defensive tackle and Texas A&M commit DeMarvin Leal last weekend on an official visit.

“It was great,” Leal told BamaOnLine of his trip. “I got to see all the rings and trophies that they have. I got to see the athletic program, academic program and it was all amazing.”

The Converse (Texas) Judson has been in frequent contact with the Alabama staff for the better part of the last year.

“They’ve been in contact with me since they’ve been able to since the start of junior year,” Leal said. “Coach (Jeff) Banks, Coach Kool (Craig Kuligowski), when he got hired, he automatically texted me building a relationship, and Coach Tosh (Lupoi). My relationship with the staff is pretty good. We text every now and then just to check on me and stuff like that.”

Leal spent time with his player host, Phidarian Mathis, and of course Alabama head coach Nick Saban.

“It’s crazy,” Leal said of speaking with Saban. “It’s more like a dream come true. You watch him on TV when you’re little and when it happens it’s just like whoah, is this real? The dude’s like a legend already. He’s nice with it. He just told me straight up what they wanted me to do and how they wanted me to do it.”

The best part of the visit came with Saban.

“I got to drive in his car and it’s nice. It’s small, but nice,” Leal said. “We had a nice conversation. He’s not all about the business part, he’s about relationships as well.”

The Top100 defensive lineman says the Aggies are still on top of his recruitment with his commitment. Alabama is certainly giving him something to consider, though.

“Honestly both of them are great,” Leal said. “They’re good on all scales. A&M has really done a great job, because they’ve recruited me very heavy since freshman year. Bama has done a good job staying in contact with me the past year.” Leal is not expected back at Alabama this weekend despite rumblings of a repeat visit.

At 6-foot-4, 280 pounds, Leal is rated the No. 4 defensive tackle and the No. 52 overall player in the country, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

• Like 1

and now a locked thread asking about the other thread ::

"and, for Leal's sake, please don't start any other threads about the previous one"  --- HAHAHHAHAHAH 

A&M is not worried about him going anywhere. There's a reason the other thread was deleted and, for Leal's sake, please don't start any other threads about the previous one. There will be an update from the Alabama site out on him soon if it's not already and you guys can discuss anything in that update.

I'm going to lock this one.

5 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

As much as I love aggy getting burned, in the case of Demarvin I'm just pissed that his wavering doesn't include us. 

Maybe aggy tears can fill the void. 

There is always the possibility that he wants to stay home but isn't convinced that is A&M. In the past, situations like this lead to us being the compromise. Hopefully that is the case this time and not him trying to find a reason to be anywhere but UT.

13 minutes ago, golfclap said:

and now a locked thread asking about the other thread ::

"and, for Leal's sake, please don't start any other threads about the previous one"  --- HAHAHHAHAHAH 

Smart.  Because he knew the aggy faithful would start cursing and slurring his name and seal the deal.

Alabama didn’t even know about leal until aggy offered him. Texas either.  That’s how great an evaluator jimbo is. 

Tangentially, there are several aggy offers to guys with no other P5 offers currently. But those P5 offers will come pouring in any week now, and jimbo will be way ahead in the recruitment. 

In summation, whoop. 

anyone else remember that TE back in the dawning of the internet that flipped from aggy to Notre Dame and aggy lost their shit and started with the death threats to the kid's family? 

way before Twitter or internet on cell phones and this poor family either did or almost had to move. 

I imagine that all of these threads will be deleted in short order. 

Those who fleece aggy for "good inside info" understand the exact nature of their golden goose subscribership. 

These are the same people who pay Taylor Hamm to post on Facebook. 

55 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

anyone else remember that TE back in the dawning of the internet that flipped from aggy to Notre Dame and aggy lost their shit and started with the death threats to the kid's family? 

way before Twitter or internet on cell phones and this poor family either did or almost had to move. 

I imagine that all of these threads will be deleted in short order. 

Those who fleece aggy for "good inside info" understand the exact nature of their golden goose subscribership. 

These are the same people who pay Taylor Hamm to post on Facebook. 

Wasn't that OL Bob Morton?  Think he was a center.  Texags went nuts over that flip.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

that's him! 

post rep. 

I guess I was thinking that he was a TE because that and the Winston deal kind of blend together for me by now. 

Thank you 

Those were fun times on the UT interwebs.  

The Eric Winston deal started with his aggy stepdad guaranteeing him to a/m.  When he chose Miami, all hell broke loose.  There were  internet rumors that the stepdad kicked him out of the house after that.  Had family in Midland at that time.  Same rumors were rampant out there.

Don't forget, he has a used Skeeter bass boat and a Maroon pickup. 
This...so much this. Even if the truck isn't maroon and the boat isn't Skeeter, they'll have at least one 4 door Chevy/GMC with the Z71 package, and some sort of bass boat either parked in their driveway or in a storage shed somewhere.

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Alabama didn’t even know about leal until aggy offered him. Texas either.  That’s how great an evaluator jimbo is. 

Tangentially, there are several aggy offers to guys with no other P5 offers currently. But those P5 offers will come pouring in any week now, and jimbo will be way ahead in the recruitment. 

In summation, whoop. 

jimbo didn't originally have anything to do with Leal....since he had been on aggy radar since he was a freshman....so jimbo just came in and saw his name on a list...jimbo already had a heads-up.

35 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

“It was great,” Leal told BamaOnLine of his trip. “I got to see all the rings and trophies that they have. I got to see the athletic program, academic program and it was all amazing.”

But the gomers have their own Hall of Champion, advantage aggy.

fixed that

Edited by Viper

Seems like jumbo is turning into a scouting service for saban?

Saban waits to see the diamonds in the rough ol jimbo finds. Guy was never on anyones radar till jimbo found him.
Just wait till ol jimbo get this sleeping giant up and moving. Saban knows his days are numbered. Sees the writing on the wall. Wouldnt suprise me if saban pulls a stoops and retires. Both tsips and bama tried keepin jimbo form the lit station. Couldnt stop it.
Dont worry bout bama guys. Its done. Sit back, pedal to the metal and enjoy the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just now, williemackgarza said:

Saban waits to see the diamonds in the rough ol jimbo finds. Guy was never on anyones radar till jimbo found him.
Just wait till ol jimbo get this sleeping giant up and moving. Saban knows his days are numbered. Sees the writing on the wall. Wouldnt suprise me if saban pulls a stoops and retires. Both tsips and bama tried keepin jimbo form the lit station. Couldnt stop it.
Dont worry bout bama guys. Its done. Sit back, pedal to the metal and enjoy the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is scary identical to the shit gunner and daddy98 post. well done.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

48 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

this is scary identical to the shit gunner and daddy98 post. well done.

You know how sometimes serial killers will drop intentional hints because deep down, they secretly want to get caught?

• Like 1

It’s also the same people that embraced the swag school status as little as 3 years ago, and thought we were out of touch and panicking when charlie called them a gadget program, and no teen wants to go to tu wher they have to live in a dorm and work so hard and not have fun. 

They shape shift into reflections of their coach immediately, until they want him gone. 

• Like 4