Culture wars cause businesses to rethink move to Texas

Satchel

just given my experience with female musical artists over aclfest weekend. they really, really, fucking hate greg abbott.
but also, they were a disaster relationship. so i dunno.
It's interesting in social situations when I tell people Im from Texas, I get more looks of horror then envy and lots of you must be glad to be in California now and " I can't believe how backwards Texas is, Abbot is evil bla blah.

Opposite at work sites, we deal with construction and all the blue collar workers are the opposite.

It's-Its + CA burritos>>>Texmex
Tacos > burritos, plus northern californias have an aversion to spice and seasonings.
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

You seem equally  bad at finding a good burrito joint as you do searching or an intelligible political point.

Damn, you showed me. Now wonder why no one else comes out to Portland for their Mexican. I will say Portland has the best tortilla chips though.

3 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I admit, I would not go to Portland, CA for burritos.

I didn't know that California culture stays in California. Keep going on the stupid train though. You might be closer to say that pure calimex is in California, but you didn't say that at all, and I'm gonna let you guess what type of Mexican food Portland has closer relationship with. 

4 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

I think we were comparing food in Texas to food in California, since we were comparing living in Texas vs. living in CA.

Portland is pretty cool though, so there's that.

I'd rather live in Oregon than in Oklahoma.

I don't think Gulag Archipelago has the word Oklahoma, but if he had been sent to Oklahoma, he would probably write a book about how much worse it is in Oklahoma than the Gulags. 

20 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

acl was pretty eye opening, with the messaging from the female artists i saw there. we are international news. i'd be willing to bet grimes broke up with elon over his decision to move the business to texas. 

i thought we were flying under the radar a bit. abbott went full gallon and he fucked up. this is going to be a thing for a while.

More details on messaging? I mean, I can imagine the broad strokes, but the details or number of speeches and crowd reaction would be interesting. 

If they really wanted to make a dent, they would refuse to play Texas, and not only that, they would convince all acts to refuse to play Texas. It’s all fun and games until the only concert coming to town is Toby Keith. 

We could get there very easily. I could see sporting events going away. We have two Final Fours in the next several years, I think.

55 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

More details on messaging? I mean, I can imagine the broad strokes, but the details or number of speeches and crowd reaction would be interesting. 

to be fair, i was only there one day, saturday. which fucking destroyed me. 

but both phoebe bridgers and billie eilish took time out of their set to actually sit down and talk about "fuck greg abbott" and "my body my choice" type of things. and the crowd was hooked on it. the response was pretty universal.

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

to be fair, i was only there one day, saturday. which fucking destroyed me. 

but both phoebe bridgers and billie eilish took time out of their set to actually sit down and talk about "fuck greg abbott" and "my body my choice" type of things. and the crowd was hooked on it. the response was pretty universal.

I read that Eilish said she came very close to cancelling her appearance during her Week 1 set.

On 10/11/2021 at 7:14 PM, Chuckie Finster said:

Preventing companies from enforcing a vaccine mandate is an interesting choice.

so seriously, how is this going to work when the new OSHA covid vaccine or test mandate kicks in? i have always been under the impression that federal law always supersedes state law, no? meaning if they are in conflict, the feds win. 

i know there will be legal challenges,  presumably on both sides...but a 500 person company in Texas, isn't it going to have to follow fed rules unless/until officially overturned?

and with the 'or test' part of it. can it even be considered a mandate legally? if not, wtf will the lawsuits even be about?

also, i am having a hard time finding an actual DATE it's supposed to go into effect. 

if i work for a company and they do NOT enforce it, can i file an OSHA complaint? does OSHA even have the resources this is going to take??

so many questions. what a clusterfuck. all bc half this country has oppositional defiance disorder 🙄

fuck Greg Abbott.

Edited by mchookem

oppositional defiance disorder = they finally found a fancy diagnosis for just being an asshole in general

39 minutes ago, mchookem said:

so seriously, how is this going to work when the new OSHA covid vaccine or test mandate kicks in? i have always been under the impression that federal law always supersedes state law, no? meaning if they are in conflict, the feds win. 

Yeah they win until we Texit. Checkmate yankee libtard.