Texas Men's Golf

texasstrong12

Texas actually gonna win this, huh. 

Hammer whipped that freshman's ass. Seems like the individual champ rarely gets it done with his team. 

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Might as well this thing now. 

Texas should have a few more team titles than they do. Another championship loss would suck. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Texas actually gonna win this, huh. 

Hammer whipped that freshman's ass. Seems like the individual champ rarely gets it done with his team. 

Texas should have a few more team titles than they do. Another championship loss would suck. 

Yeah finishing 2nd in both mens and womens swimming hurt, but womens tennis was a surprising championship and IF mens golf wins, that makes up for the disappointing runner ups 

edit: oh I think you’re just referencing mens golf. I thought I was in the directors cup thread for a moment. Nvm!

Edited by perfectchaos007

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Yeah finishing 2nd in both mens and womens swimming hurt, but womens tennis was a surprising championship and IF mens golf wins, that makes up for the disappointing runner ups 

3 titles 

3 runner up finishes

MGOLF and outdoor T&F can add to that. 

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

edit: oh I think you’re just referencing mens golf. I thought I was in the directors cup thread for a moment. Nvm!

Yeah just talking golf. Crazy Texas only has one since the 70s I think. 

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

No way!  That’s crazy….looks like they are back!

Morons lol

Pierceson and Parker Coody might be taking this identical twins thing a bit too far. The 21-year-old star senior golfers at the University of Texas are both expected to miss the start of the spring college season after each broke a bone in his right arm in a fluke non-golf accident.

First reported by GolfChannel.com, the brothers were competing in a post-workout relay race at UT’s indoor Athletic Performance Center earlier this month. As they crossed the finish line, both brothers crashed into a padded cement wall, their arms bracing for the impact. However, as it turned out, each one broke a bone in his right arm when hitting the wall, both suffering radial-head fractures, according to GolfChannel.com, just below the right elbow.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The good news about Arizona State's home course advantage is Texas has now played 6 rounds on this course including some practice rounds. 

So while Arizona State is more comfortable with this course it shouldn't be unfamiliar to Texas. 

True, but damned if this doesn’t seem to happen to us a lot this last decade. When we lost to Oregon a few years back, it was on their home course. When we lost to okstate a few years after that, it was on southern hills.  A bit annoying. 

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

True, but damned if this doesn’t seem to happen to us a lot this last decade. When we lost to Oregon a few years back, it was on their home course. When we lost to okstate a few years after that, it was on southern hills.  A bit annoying. 

You aren't wrong. 

It's also happened in volleyball. Think it was Nebraska that Texas had to play on their home court a few years ago in the national championship match. It's definitely annoying to make a run this far and then be disadvantaged. 

Sisk and Puig finished as the low scorers in stroke play for Arizona State. This is definitely Arizona State's strategy in match play. Put their top 2 players at the bottom and try to guarantee those wins. 

This is more reason why the Coody brothers and Hammer need wins today. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed