Texas Men's Golf

texasstrong12

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

#4 v. #5 ranked amateurs in the world. That’s big time. I feel better about Cole playing Wolff instead of Hovland. 

Pretty astute comment..... Hovland always seems to have a smirk on his face that would piss me off if I were playing him....  🤘

1 minute ago, Okie State said:
3 minutes ago, sidis said:
dude...it's 1-1-3.  good lord.

It's in our blood to assume the worst.

in fucking golf?  your 11 titles aren't sufficient to have confidence?  do you agonize over wrestling as well?

• Like 1

He is trying to jinx us.

No, I’m much more worried about baseball than golf...I am surprised by Wolff so far though and we’ve had dominating stroke play but lost in match several times.

It's in our blood to assume the worst.

This. I’ve had my heart broken a dozen times across a lot of sports without any 2005s to calm my soul

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Not sure I'm a fan of this course - is this typically the standard for a tournament like this?

I mean I know this isn't the PGA Tour but seems like they could find somewhere better to play. 

Whats the problem with it?

4 minutes ago, Enfield said:

Whats the problem with it?

Seems kind of haphazard and gimmicky and not that well maintained if I'm being honest. I just looked at the past several locales and they are all nationally regarded courses unlike Blessings. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Seems kind of haphazard and gimmicky and not that well maintained if I'm being honest. I just looked at the past several locales and they are all nationally regarded courses unlike Blessings. 

That said, it does seem like a decent challenge. There are some long holes and it seems like there is quite a bit of trouble. 

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Its pretty traditional that the NC is played at a college home course.  In this case, Arky.

6 minutes ago, housious said:

That said, it does seem like a decent challenge. There are some long holes and it seems like there is quite a bit of trouble. 

Yeah and I'm sure it's fun to play. Just used to watching the Tour and it's a bit of a contrast.

Nice roll by Hammer.