Arch on TV … Newman -vs- St Charles Catholic

VirginiaLonghorn

10 minutes ago, Noog said:

If his name was Arch Smith or Arch Jones, not sure he'd be thought of nearly as highly.  But everybody wants him and I don't know shit.

Same. He is just a HS junior though, so I suppose at this point in his development he's further along than his peers. Being 6'4" helps that ranking as well. 

I just turned it back over and rewound and saw the end… why would you have your right handed QB roll to his left, so he’s forced to throw back across his body on the final throws? Not a great offensive showcase, and the Mannings will certainly want Arch to get proper coaching moving forward. I think Sarkisian and Milwee have a lot to offer. 

My biggest problem? I recorded it on YouTubeTV, so this shitshow of a game will be on my virtual DVR for the next nine months. 😩

He's certainly got the tools. Nice quick compact delivery. Runs comparable to maybe Colt McCoy. Strong arm but not a cannon. 

I do think that if his name was Arch Johnson he'd probably be a mid 4-star. But that's just after watching some highlights and one shitty game.

• Like 1

He's certainly got the tools. Nice quick compact delivery. Runs comparable to maybe Colt McCoy. Strong arm but not a cannon. 
I do think that if his name was Arch Johnson he'd probably be a mid 4-star. But that's just after watching some highlights and one shitty game.

All of this. Pedigree and size make him covetable. Not much in his highlight vids makes you overly giddy, but he’s still really young. Sark and Co. will have a field day with him.

19 hours ago, tantric superman said:

I have to admit, I watched it because I'm good friends with one of the Newman player's dads, and Arch was just a bonus.

My takeaways a) kicking games for both teams not strong.  b) I thought Arch looked really good for someone having a terrible game.

Did your good friend’s son tell you where Arch will go to school?