NCAA Hoops 2021-22

shadow_operative

4 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Lol then I’ll bet you 1K Juwan Howard doesn’t bring race up at all, you African American loser. My money’s ready, is yours?

African american loser? 🤣🤣☠️Damn bro did you peel your hood off to say that? Sorry man I’m poor I don’t have 1000 for an internet tough guy who’s flexing on a message board.  You should spend your wife’s only fans money on something else more productive. 🤣🤣🤣

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, goatsaag said:

The whole "he threw a punch!" thing is pretty dumb. He didn't throw a punch. He tried to grab the dude's head to pull him closer to keep yelling at him (for whatever dumbass reason he wanted to do that). He ridiculously overreacted to the situation but I wouldn't say he needs to be fired just from this alone.

That gets any one of us fired in a professional environment, and we're not even on TV.

30 minutes ago, Underdog said:

If he was pressing with bench players but gets upset that other coach called timeout to help out his bench players, then fuck him.  

That was it in a nutshell. Michigan's bench wasn't backing off against the Wisconsin bench. Gard called a timeout. Howard wasn't happy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

African american loser? 🤣🤣☠️Damn bro did you peel your hood off to say that? Sorry man I’m poor I don’t have 1000 for an internet tough guy who’s flexing on a message board.  You should spend your wife’s only fans money on something else more productive. 🤣🤣🤣

If I may interject on the “colored” slap fight and perhaps clear up a non-controversy for you guys: Ignatius was using a device known as “sarcasm” to make fun of another poster predicting Juwan would play the race card. And you can trust me on this; I take great offense to the use of colored. 

19 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

NBA players, with the exception of Jermaine O’Neal, are apparently very ill-equipped to get in any actual fight despite being massive professional athletes.  Eventually, muscle memory sets in after years of throwing limpdick slap punches intended not to hurt anyone bad enough for a suspension, all thrown while backpedaling and looking for someone to break it up.  And then that’s just how you throw punches at some point, I guess.

It’s like with pro wrestlers.  There is a great video of a fan storming the ring when Hulk Hogan turned heel in WCW, and Scott Hall / Razor Ramon tries to stomp the fan while he’s crawling in - except even when he’s trying to fuck the guy up for real his stomps are still like wrestling stomps where he’s mainly just hitting the ring with his other foot to make the sound effect.  

Yeah I mean just because you're big/strong/athletic doesn't mean you can fight. This point got hammered home for me when I was still in HS and I saw Eric Winston get his ass absolutely handed to him outside Graham's in Midland by a latino kid that barely came up to shoulder height on me and probably weighed 140 soaking wet. Even Cedric Benson was laughing about that one and they were teammates at the time 🤣

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

If I may interject on the “colored” slap fight and perhaps clear up a non-controversy for you guys: Ignatius was using a device known as “sarcasm” to make fun of another poster predicting Juwan would play the race card. And you can trust me on this; I take great offense to the use of colored. 

Well fucking played.

the last video shows it.  pretty simple.

If Howard was pressing probably trying to make a point to his players about playing to the end. He forced the wiscy coach to coach to the end.

He could have said nothing and blown by or shook his hand and said nothing.

Wiscy coach could have just walked past him but probably wanted to explain and maybe even say if you don't press I don't need to call the TO to reset the clock.

My guess is Howard knew why he called the TO but wanted to be billy bad ass in front of his players.  

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

the last video shows it.  pretty simple.

If Howard was pressing probably trying to make a point to his players about playing to the end. He forced the wiscy coach to coach to the end.

He could have said nothing and blown by or shook his hand and said nothing.

Wiscy coach could have just walked past him but probably wanted to explain and maybe even say if you don't press I don't need to call the TO to reset the clock.

My guess is Howard knew why he called the TO but wanted to be billy bad ass in front of his players.  

I doubt there was much thought beyond just the mounting frustration, which is common, but as a coach he's the head of the program, and sets the example, and tone.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Yeah I mean just because you're big/strong/athletic doesn't mean you can fight. This point got hammered home for me when I was still in HS and I saw Eric Winston get his ass absolutely handed to him outside Graham's in Midland by a latino kid that barely came up to shoulder height on me and probably weighed 140 soaking wet. Even Cedric Benson was laughing about that one and they were teammates at the time 🤣

Wasn't Graham's in Odessa?

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

From a Michigan fan:

That's some stupid ass shit there.  Howard did such a great job of "protecting his players" that a couple of them are going to get multi-game suspensions for throwing punches.  Looks like #5 and #14 to me -- one is a starter and the other is top reserve.  

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

this is fucking hilarious.  he wasn't trying to pull the guy closer to yell at him.  he was doing the NBA don't throw a closed fist thing

51 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Of course he does. First, he would’ve punched him if he wasn’t, you know, Juwan Howard. Second, he incited a scrum filled with teenager and early 20s college students that would’ve been much worse if not for the level heads of his staff and the Wisc staff. Lol at Howard trying to “pull him closer to keep yelling at him”. Who does that?  Go home, you’re drunk. 

If you watch that and think it was a punch or attempted punch, you're a fucking moron. If Michigan wants to fire him, cool. Feel free. But this isn't a situation where he 100% has to get fired no matter what.

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

NBA players, with the exception of Jermaine O’Neal, are apparently very ill-equipped to get in any actual fight despite being massive professional athletes.

That was the greatest punch in pro sports in the period between Candy Maldonado and Roughned Odor.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, goatsaag said:

If you watch that and think it was a punch or attempted punch, you're a fucking moron. If Michigan wants to fire him, cool. Feel free. But this isn't a situation where he 100% has to get fired no matter what.

you are a fucking idiot and everyone on this board thinks you are an idiot.  He was doing the don't use a close fist thing from the NBA.  apparently you don't watch NBA much.  after he slaps him he pulls back and closes his fist.  It's like every NBA "fight" since the Palace.

Just now, longhornmatt said:

Since we already have discussion of Lubbock being better than Houston on this board, I’ll just go ahead and opine that Houston > Midland > Lubbock > Odessa.  Of the three West Texas dust bowl places in that hierarchy, at least Midland has a few kind of nice-ish places for super rich people. 

Poor Amarillo. Can’t even get in the mix with other cities in its own relative longitude. 

1 minute ago, goatsaag said:

Lulz. It's not about "no matter what". Howard has a history of irrational post-game behavior (ask Turgeon, ask Illinois, ask Rutgers) and today he fucking struck an opposing coach. You can coddle it as you wish but today he went after another coach and hit him. Doesn't matter if Howard's best is a vaginal open-handed slap, you don't go that to that level. Especially given his history.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

That was the greatest punch in pro sports in the period between Candy Maldonado and Roughned Odor.  

Jeff Van Gundy... forever protecting Danny Ferry

Edited by slorch

25 minutes ago, goatsaag said:

If you watch that and think it was a punch or attempted punch, you're a fucking moron. 

Seriously man ?  THAT was a lame ass attempt at a punch best case for Juwan. He swung his hand at an opposing coach in uncontrolled, anger, and rage.  Either way he caused a melee. HE'S THE COACH.  It's his job to be the adult, and keep that kind of shit from not happening.

So to ask you the same question, what's your excuse for being a moron here?

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Seriously man ?  THAT was a lame ass attempt at a punch best case for Juwan. He swung his hand at an oppose coach in uncontrolled, anger, and rage.  Either way he caused a melee.. HE'S THE COACH !  It's his job to be the adult, and keep that kind of shit from not happening.

So to ask you the same question, what's your excuse for being a moron here?

I mean, I said he ridiculously overreacted and that it's fine if Michigan fires him for it, they just don't have to fire him. It's just also blatantly clear that it is not a punch.

3 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Wally going way back.  That was one ugly scene, remember reading about it in SI. 

In a younger and much dumber time at the old Arlington Stadium, we would sit 6 feet away from the opposing players on the 3rd base line. Winfield loved sitting on the edge of the dugout and we berated and pressed him about Turner's, Taylor's and his thuggery that night. Much too close for comfort. 

4872272905_d580fa0b0a.jpg

3 minutes ago, goatsaag said:

I mean, I said he ridiculously overreacted and that it's fine if Michigan fires him for it, they just don't have to fire him. It's just also blatantly clear that it is not a punch.

I think they do if they wanna look like a responsible university. He's the cause of a bench clearing brawl. It wasn't a player, it was the head coach.  It's not his first incident.  I don't wanna see the guy get fired, because emotions do run high, and shit happens between the lines, but that was beyond just a couple coaches bumping chests or pointing fingers at each other.