NCAA Hoops 2021-22

shadow_operative

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

I'm guessing you don't differentiate too much when it comes to striking another coach. 

we'll see.  the assistant pushed himself into the melee as well and didn't really look like he was pulling guys away. he was yelling in the direction of Howard.

54 minutes ago, goatsaag said:

If you watch that and think it was a punch or attempted punch, you're a fucking moron. If Michigan wants to fire him, cool. Feel free. But this isn't a situation where he 100% has to get fired no matter what.

If you think that’s a move where he was trying to “pull him closer to yell at him more,” you’re beyond a fucking moron. I am not aware of that move. If there is a heated confrontation, how does forcibly pulling a grown man in order to yell at him in his face not lead to escalation of the situation and fisticuffs?  Are you a cop?

It absolutely is a fireable offense. And I’m not one of these pansies that believes in prosecution over this kind of little deal, but it’s an assault brotha.

59 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Since we already have discussion of Lubbock being better than Houston on this board, I’ll just go ahead and opine that Houston > Midland > Lubbock > Odessa.  Of the three barren West Texas dust bowl places with nothing to do in that hierarchy, at least Midland has a few kind of nice-ish places for super rich people.   Lubbock has … less trashiness than Odessa, and less cow shit than Amarillo.  Which is something, I guess.

Midland and rich people: A couple of nice-ish places like the Racquet Club, Wall St. Bar & Grill, and Horseshoe Bay - yeah, you’re right. 

25 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

because it ends up being a slap he's probably done for the year but not fired.  if it was a fist he's gone for good tomorrow.

Not killing the messenger, but that premise is dumb AF.

If you have a zero tolerance policy towards workplace violence, Howard gets shitcanned.

If a little is allowed, then that's on Michigan and the NCAA for being cowards.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

Not killing the messenger, but that premise is dumb AF.

If you have a zero tolerance policy towards workplace violence, Howard gets shitcanned.

If a little is allowed, then that's on Michigan and the NCAA for being cowards.

no blood no foul dude.  I'm just saying what likely happens.

4 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Juwan will suddenly remember he heard a racial slur.

I'll be pretty surprised if he goes that route but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.

edit he would have to be blaming an opposing coach/school, not some random fan, etc.

Edited by dcar00

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'll be pretty surprised if he goes that route but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility.

edit he would have to be blaming an opposing coach/school, not some random fan, etc.

Hard for him to do that IMO, as there were about a half dozen to a dozen guys around him. I think we'd have already heard that.

2 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Well fucking played.

It is without a doubt the best sequence in the movie. Right after that:

Yeah kid, park my car….get my bags, and put on some weight will ya?  Whats with the pictures Wang, it’s a parking lot.  Come on, will ya?

I think this place is restricted Wang, so don’t tell ‘em you’re Jewish.  Okay? Fine…Hey kid I’m Al Czervik, I’m playing with Drew Scott today, this is my guest Mr. Wang (no offense).

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

what a bitch Juwan Howard turned out to be. he started the entire thing for zero reason. check that- he did it because he sucks as a coach and he needs someone he can aim his anger towards. what a pussy. 

Yup. Howard drew first bitchass. Not shaking Gard’s hand and hissing “I’ll remember that shit” or whatever. (What are going to do, Juwan? Coach your team better next time? That’ll show ‘em.) There was nothing untoward about Gard putting his hand on Howard’s arm to try to stop him. Be a man, Juwan. But no, he threw a fit and started shouting, “Don’t touch me! Don’t fucking touch me!” and things got out of hand. You got a problem with something? Handle it like a man. Or at the very least keep your mouth shut and give him the blow-by handshake and keep walking. Howard instigated the whole thing by being a sore loser and acting childish. He wasn’t representing his school, his team, his conference, or the sport very well.

You never would’ve seen that shit from John Beilein.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

NBA players, with the exception of Jermaine O’Neal, are apparently very ill-equipped to get in any actual fight despite being massive professional athletes.  Eventually, muscle memory sets in after years of throwing limpdick slap punches intended not to hurt anyone bad enough for a suspension, all thrown while backpedaling and looking for someone to break it up.  And then that’s just how you throw punches at some point, I guess.

It’s like with pro wrestlers.  There is a great video of a fan storming the ring when Hulk Hogan turned heel in WCW, and Scott Hall / Razor Ramon tries to stomp the fan while he’s crawling in - except even when he’s trying to fuck the guy up for real his stomps are still like wrestling stomps where he’s mainly just hitting the ring with his other foot to make the sound effect.  

I know these are all fixed but even N8 Robinson smaller quick guy was horrible in a fight, for his athleticism at least.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-29-at-11.06.48-AM-e1

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I think Howard just signed a 5-year extension with a nice raise in pay. I think that was back in November.  They are 8-7 in conference and just 14-10, or 14-11. The season has not gone well for him.

Juwon is a much cooler dude when they’re winning 14-11? Not so much. 

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Why lock a huge incident like this in this thread? Really deserves its own thread. But it was closed. Not everyone will come and check this thread. 

Agreed. Should be it's own thread. This is already a huge catch all.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, goatsaag said:

If you watch that and think it was a punch or attempted punch, you're a fucking moron. If Michigan wants to fire him, cool. Feel free. But this isn't a situation where he 100% has to get fired no matter what.

Yep.  Loud environment and they couldn’t hear each other. Juwon just wanted to make sure his words were clear

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Why lock a huge incident like this in this thread? Really deserves its own thread. But it was closed. Not everyone will come and check this thread. 

I would submit for new thread called 

"Juwan Howard is not gonna take wiscy coaches shit"

• Haha 1

Good Christ. 

A coach letting his players kill someone on the team is huge. Howard giving a nigga slap to a coach where he will just get suspended for several games isn’t huge. It’s not even top news on Twitter anymore.

Note—he may get fired because this wasn’t the first time, but people have clearly moved on. 

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Good Christ. 

A coach letting his players kill someone on the team is huge. Howard giving a nigga slap to a coach where he will just get suspended for several games isn’t huge. It’s not even top news on Twitter anymore.

Note—he may get fired because this wasn’t the first time, but people have clearly moved on. 

Unlock the other thread

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Juwon is a much cooler dude when they’re winning 14-11? Not so much. 

It doesn't really matter much to me. I don't like Michigan. I have no reason to like Michigan. From my point of view it seems like the pressure of a shitastic season is really getting to him. And I think people will be less inclined, now that he got a $6,000,000 raise from his first contact, $11-million to $17-million, to give him the benefit of any doubt.

I think it was a pussy move by him. He should worry about coaching his team, and not what the other guy does. If your bench guys are going to go full-bore in what was a 14-point loss well, then I am going to coach my guys to play hard to the end as well. From 10:31 in the second half Michigan was down at least 10 points.

Coach better Howard.

Michigan is 8-7 in Big Ten play and they have games left with Rutgers, a team they have already lost to, #12 Illinois, #19 Sparty, Iowa and #18 Ohio State. It could get uglier.

Don’t press if you don’t want the guy to call a timeout. Seems simple. Howard’s butthurt his team got their asses beat.

Its also the exact opposite of leadership for a grown man to throw a little bitch slap, do the “hold me back! Hold me back!,” and have his players be the ones fighting to defend him 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

It doesn't really matter much to me. I don't like Michigan. I have no reason to like Michigan. From my point of view it seems like the pressure of a shitastic season is really getting to him. And I think people will be less inclined, now that he got a $6,000,000 raise from his first contact, $11-million to $17-million, to give him the benefit of any doubt.

I think it was a pussy move by him. He should worry about coaching his team, and not what the other guy does. If your bench guys are going to go full-bore in what was a 14-point loss well, then I am going to coach my guys to play hard to the end as well. From 10:31 in the second half Michigan was down at least 10 points.

Coach better Howard.

Michigan is 8-7 in Big Ten play and they have games left with Rutgers, a team they have already lost to, #12 Illinois, #19 Sparty, Iowa and #18 Ohio State. It could get uglier.

Should've put "cooler" in quotes.  To me he's an ass hat, but he seemed young and up and coming last year, now he's a .500 coach.  Team seems to love him though.  I thought it was a bad look for Juwon