NCAA Hoops 2021-22

shadow_operative

6 minutes ago, Underdog said:

You’ll get Milwaukee and like it, motherfucker. 

I mean holy furk, why not Winnipeg or Edmonton?

( i know it's all theoretical, but still, fuck Milwaukee.)

Edited by slorch

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

SMU can smell the tourney. 53 in kenpom, 45 in NET. We have @UH, and Cincy and Tulane at home left. Win 2/3 and win at least one in the AAC tourney and we should sneak in. Not dropping a winnable game @Temple would have been nice. 

Unfortunately the Ponies lost standout freshman Zurich Phelps likely for the season last night.

TCU also on the bubble. Them losing out would help. 

An assistant for Ponies, Yogi, is a friend of mine. He worked with all my kids when they were younger. I root hard for him. Hope y’all make it. 

I wonder why TCU is so low. Unfortunately for Frogs they have a tough finishing schedule. I’d be shocked if ISU didn’t make it as an 8 or 9 seed. With OSU’s unfortunate start to the season it looks like only 5 surefire participants and maybe TCU as a 6th. 

3 hours ago, slorch said:

Fuck sending Tech to GD Milwaukee.

we'll be a 2 anyhoo by the time Baylor finishes its schedule.  Unless folks continue to ignore the actual results on the court.

Tech has played itself into a definite 2 seed. I don’t get that at all. And with one more signature win I think we have played ourselves into a 4 seed. 

27 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Bruins struggling with the Ducks again.  And gotdam I hate watching games on their floor.  But at least we have Big Red calling the game.

I had to turn him off when he proclaimed the PAC had 6 tourney locks. I synced up the Josh Lewin radio broadcast from the UCLA website and I am much happier (loved Josh when he did Texas Rangers games).

Also, had no idea Jacob Young plays for Oregon now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Yes, it is expected. 6-pt home favorites, it’s very much expected, old. 

You missed the point as usual, young ‘n’ dumb. But whew! Glad to be wrong tonight. That last few minutes is still more of a hurdle than it should be. But you wouldn’t know anything about that. 

• Rage+1 1

I had to turn him off when he proclaimed the PAC had 6 tourney locks. I synced up the Josh Lewin radio broadcast from the UCLA website and I am much happier (loved Josh when he did Texas Rangers games).

More overrated team ? UH or UCLA. Go…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MaxHorn said:

How do you sync radio and tv?

40 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

That Illinois/tOSU game sure was a fucked up thrillride. 

I'm curious to hear neutral fans' thoughts on the officiating. 

EJ Liddell didn’t get his second foul until the second half so I’d say that was pretty friendly officiating. Big Ten officials typically call every ticky-tack foul on him that they can. 

Cockburn is so overrated. Obviously an unmatched physical monster but that's all he has, just playing bully ball. Ohio State doubled him last night knowing that Cockburn doesn't have the vision or ability to kick the ball out. And it worked and will continue to work for any team smart enough to do it. 

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

Cockburn is so overrated. Obviously an unmatched physical monster but that's all he has, just playing bully ball. Ohio State doubled him last night knowing that Cockburn doesn't have the vision or ability to kick the ball out. And it worked and will continue to work for any team smart enough to do it. 

Not saying that he doesn't have room to improve in the areas you mentioned, but last night was his worst game of the season, and one in which he was fouled repeatedly and constantly but rarely got calls in his favor, and yet had ticky tack bullshit called on him all night.

Kofi (and Illinois) certainly would have benefitted from having another big man in the rotation last night, but as you may recall, our prior game was against MSU. As such, his more physical backup (Verdonk) was in the concussion protocol yesterday. Seems to be a pattern with Izzo's teams the past few years, but you go on with calling Kofi's game "bully ball"...

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

9 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

How do you sync radio and tv?

I just googled UCLA radio network on my phone and it immediately showed me a link for the Oregon game. I launched it and it was about 10 seconds behind the TV broadcast, so I just paused the TV for 10 seconds and I was perfectly in sync for the rest of the game. Too bad the Bruins were very much NOT in sync.

• Hook 'Em 1