NCAA Hoops 2021-22

shadow_operative

17 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen the clock and shot clock stop entirely, and the officials let the possession go on so long that they have to go to the monitor to determine a shot clock violation.

I think that’s kind of bullshit. You have to keep an  internal clock as a player? The refs didn’t even have any idea. They should’ve just started the clock when it stopped. 

Anyone think UNT ends up with an at large if they don’t win the CUSA tournament.

Didn’t realize they had a NET of 38.

Most likely will win out until they get to the CUSA tournament, which would mean with the CUSA tournament structure they get a double bye and get knocked out in their semis worst case.

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

OT:  I know it’s cool to hate on women’s hoops, I rather enjoy it, but UL is up on ND 48-10 2Q.  

51 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I saw it scroll on my Twitter when it was 45-4 and I thought someone screwed up and old football score and retweeted it… that is just domination.

I was just flipping around the channels and stopped at that one for a bit. Louisville was up by 30 and each time Notre Dame scored the announcers treated each shot as being some of the greatest shots ever taken, even though the Fighting Irish were getting crushed.

UConn crushed Georgetown in D.C.   Hoyas have lost 18 straight and are 0-17 in Big East play.  Their students are some of the douchiest douches on the planet.

At the Big East one year my mom almost got into a fight with one of their students who decided to look through Mom’s bag.

When Young John was hired their students made shirts which read, on the front, JTIII. On the back, Respect Our Past, Fear Your Future.

5 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Anyone think UNT ends up with an at large if they don’t win the CUSA tournament.

Didn’t realize they had a NET of 38.

Most likely will win out until they get to the CUSA tournament, which would mean with the CUSA tournament structure they get a double bye and get knocked out in their semis worst case.

Hell no, they're not going to get an at-large.  And on selection Sunday, the committee chair will explain why they didn't get an at-large even with a 30-something NET ranking by saying, "The committee really doesn't use the NET ranking that much," pointing to UNT's lack of Quad 1 wins, while ignoring the fact that the definition of a Quad 1 win is determined by the NET ranking.

• Rage+1 1

On 2/26/2022 at 6:09 PM, LTtxfan said:

Oh I agree... just gonna be interesting to watch how well these 3 conferences (Sec/B10/B12) perform in the NCAA Tournament this year.  Lots of parity when you look at the Top 5 teams in these 3 conferences...  

1. Kentucky...     Purdue...        Kansas
  2. Auburn...        Wisconsin...    baylor
  3. Tennessee...  Illinois...          Tech
  4. Arkansas...     Ohio St...        Texas
  5. Alabama...      Iowa...             Iowa St

FMshlzHX0AY87t4?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by LTtxfan

The Big 12 is the best basketball conference, but the Mountain West is the most fun.

1.  Graham Ike for Wyoming is an absolute stud.   And the Cowboys have a damn good guard in Hunter Maldonado, who had a triple double tonight even though they lost.  Wouldn't be surprised to see them make a S16/E8 run.

2.  If you've never seen CSU's David Roddy, then you've missed the funnest player in the game.  6'5" 255lb guard who... doesn't look anything like a basketball player.

3.  SD State plays D as well as anyone in the country.  Fresno State is pretty close.

4.  Bryce Hamilton of UNLV is the top scorer at 21.8 ppg.

5.  And in spite of all this, Boise State is the best team in the conference.   

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 2