NCAA Hoops 2021-22

shadow_operative

14 hours ago, John Coctostan said:

Fitting for Krzyzewski to go out trashing his own team. 

He didn't trash anyone specifically, his players, team, etc.  Just said the game / "the afternoon" was unacceptable.  For all we know Krzyzewski was trashing himself. Generic comments. 

But the Duke players / effort deserved to be trashed. Practically waving in guys to the basket over the last 6 to 8 minutes of the game. Duke guys seemed to be on the UNC ML, heavy.

I've watched a lot of CBB over the years but the last half of that game was as jaw dropping as it gets.  No one, and I mean no one, could have seen UNC outscoring Duke by 20 in the biggest game that gym has ever seen. Except maybe the Duke players on the floor. 

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Wisky loses to Nebrasketball but didn’t have Johnny Davis for almost the entire 2nd half (injured)

Corn wins 3 in a row all on the road -- only won one B10 conference game at home...

Sun, 2/27
@PSUPSU
W93-70 8-21 (2-16) McGowens 25 Walker 7 Verge Jr. 5
Tue, 3/1
@OSU23 OSU
W78-70 9-21 (3-16) McGowens 26 McGowens 6 Verge Jr. 11
Sun, 3/6
@WISC10 WISC
W74-73 10-21 (4-16) Verge Jr. 26 Walker 7 Verge Jr. 6

Edited by LTtxfan

Holmgren's skill sets are pretty amazing for a guy that size. It's not a Shawn Bradley comparison. Not even on the same planet. Holmgren can handle, has a really nice shooting stroke, even near / outside the arc, has great feet, and much more. That spin he did in the lane last night for a dunk was pretty damn good. It would have been good against air, much less 3 defenders. Obviously needs about 25 lbs. on that frame but it will be interesting to see how it pans out for the guy. 

Truly a unique specimen.

25 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Pitt has to be in the market for a new coach soon, Capel about to wrap up 4th losing season in a row. 

That was an embarrassing performance by all involved. At least now I may get some stuff done around the house since I don't have to watch the tournament. It was a horrible season. Capel is awful. 

On 3/6/2022 at 7:52 AM, speed817 said:

This guy was hella mad at my tweet lol.....woke up with a bunch of replies from him....

Good work. I was having flashbacks to game 5 of the Rockets-Knicks championship sharing screen space with OJ fleeing in the white Bronco. Hubert Davis was on that Knicks team, maybe he’s the problem?

1 hour ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Good work. I was having flashbacks to game 5 of the Rockets-Knicks championship sharing screen space with OJ fleeing in the white Bronco. Hubert Davis was on that Knicks team, maybe he’s the problem?

Holy fuck, me too! Although thankfully they went full screen way sooner this time than with that debacle. I regret to say that game was way more important to me, as well. I’ve always been a Longhorn fan first, but as a sports fan, I desperately needed a championship - ANY championship, of a team i was a legitimate long time fan of.

Growing up a UT/Houston sports fan in the early 70s meant a whole lot of heart breaks on that account. And here it was finally about to happen and this bullshit takes center stage. 

Edited by SL Xpress

37 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Does NCSU go shopping for a new coach also?  

Obligatory NCSU pic... 

44B98580-26AE-4F45-868F-763152314D58.jpeg.c3b891d51b997eb76f236344383f6202.jpegF

It’s been bad. I don’t know what his recruiting is like. His first three years were decent, and he was good at UNC-Wilmington. His team has simply fallen off a cliff. He might get another year. NCSU has been pretty much miserable since Valvano, especially since they’re definitely a basketball school.

One of their issues in my mind is they moved to an off campus arena in the late 90s that’s city owned. It’s nice, but it’s not the same as their band box fieldhouse they used to play in. That place was a notoriously difficult road game. 

My total guess is they give him one year with a very short leash. 

19 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

It’s been bad. I don’t know what his recruiting is like. His first three years were decent, and he was good at UNC-Wilmington. His team has simply fallen off a cliff. He might get another year. NCSU has been pretty much miserable since Valvano, especially since they’re definitely a basketball school.

One of their issues in my mind is they moved to an off campus arena in the late 90s that’s city owned. It’s nice, but it’s not the same as their band box fieldhouse they used to play in. That place was a notoriously difficult road game. 

My total guess is they give him one year with a very short leash. 

Yeah, have wondered if leaving Reynolds was a bad move on their part.  It’s like Tennessee building Thompson- Boling but never really packing them in like they did at Stokely. 

Dumb rule. 

CJ Fleming scored a career-high 27 points, Dylan Penn added 22 and Division I newcomer Bellarmine defeated Jacksonville 77-72 in the Atlantic Sun Conference tournament on Tuesday, handing the automatic bid to the NCAA tournament to regular-season champion Jacksonville State.

Bellarmine is not eligible for the NCAA tournament as it is in the second of a four-year transition to Division I. According to ESPN Stats & Information research, Bellarmine is the first men's team in the past 25 seasons to win its conference tournament while being ineligible for postseason play.

Instead, the Knights became heroes in Jacksonville, Alabama. Top-seeded Jacksonville State fell at home 54-51 to the Jacksonville Dolphins on Saturday, but since Bellarmine is ineligible for the NCAA tournament, the Gamecocks will go dancing.

Bellarmine, a recent Division II power and 2011 champion, defeated Liberty, the other ASUN division champion, 53-50 on the road on Saturday. Jacksonville, which joined the ASUN in 1998, was seeking its first league championship and first NCAA berth in 36 years.

Including its Division II history, this marks Bellarmine's 13th 20-win campaign in the past 14 seasons.