NCAA Hoops 2021-22

shadow_operative

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

Bill Walton unsurprisingly thinks every P12 team should be in the tournament. 

Nothing like advocating for the Pac 12 when 4th place Oregon has lost 2 of 3 to the near-bottom of the Pac 12, two of which weren't even close (14 points to 10th place Cal and 24 points to 9th place ASU).  But hey - they got a 3 point win over 8th place Wazzu! 

Oregon might lose the next 3 as well - @ Arizona, UCLA, USC.  Prepare thy anus, Quacks. 

51 minutes ago, Underdog said:

It’s looking like one of those NCAATs that you pick the field over any favorite.  And there’s just 2 more weeks of RS left, season has moved quickly. 

And when I throw my bracket away after the first 2 days bc I’m busted 

• Like 1

The league I follow the most is the WCC and I think it should be a three bid league this year. Santa Clara is giving the Zags all they want right now and I would give USF a good shot to keep their game with them next week to single digits at the under 8 of the 2nd half. Right now I would go Gonzaga, St. Mary’s and USF. This has been a fairly good year for the league as a whole.

• Like 1

Bill Walton unsurprisingly thinks every P12 team should be in the tournament. 

Another Battle Royale. Everyone switch to FS1 for the highest level of hoops. UCLA v UDub.

Watching on iPad on the boat, having ribs I smoked for Super Bowl, some mash, and a little Blue Label to wash it down.
bc27d63809db0ac5c2dd4d4ccd5f0805.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

7 hours ago, Underdog said:

Meh.  At my age and married for so long not like I’m going out to paint the town red.  Siena is one of the local teams I keep tabs on. 

What year was it that they made the tournament but could not have fans at home games? I feel like it was in the late 80’s maybe that this happened?

4 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Another Battle Royale. Everyone switch to FS1 for the highest level of hoops. UCLA v UDub.

Watching on iPad on the boat, having ribs I smoked for Super Bowl, some mash, and a little Blue Label to wash it down.

Oregon is up on Zona at half 47-45. There isn't much defense played in this conference, is there? 

21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Oregon is up on Zona at half 47-45. There isn't much defense played in this conference, is there? 

Cronin is relentless about defense.  It’s what he preaches day in and day out.  And we’re ranked 75th.  So to answer your question, no, I guess not.

32 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Nice choice on the meal and beverage...

That game sucks -- UW is terrible

11 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Cronin is relentless about defense.  It’s what he preaches day in and day out.  And we’re ranked 75th.  So to answer your question, no, I guess not.

I wasn't really taking shots. Stylistically the P12 seems free flowing and plays athletic ball - a bit like the SEC (or even the NBA). You don't get as many grind-it-out, go-fuck-your-mother games like you see in the B12.

P12 did well in the tourney last year so there's maybe something to be said for it. Granted B12 took it home.

I like your club. I think elite 8 is a good goal but if I'm being honest maybe a lofty expectation. It's difficult making runs like that back to back and you really don't have much elite talent. You're actually fairly similar to Texas - a lot of very good players that know their role under a great coach - but probably half a step better. 

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I wasn't really taking shots. Stylistically the P12 seems free flowing and plays athletic ball - a bit like the SEC (or even the NBA). You don't get as many grind-it-out, go-fuck-your-mother games like you see in the B12.

P12 did well in the tourney last year so there's maybe something to be said for it. Granted B12 took it home.

I like your club. I think elite 8 is a good goal but if I'm being honest maybe a lofty expectation. It's difficult making runs like that back to back and you really don't have much elite talent. You're actually fairly similar to Texas - a lot of very good players that know their role under a great coach - but probably half a step better. 

A good analysis, but we have more talent 1-8.  We have a couple of youngsters in Jaylen Clark and Peyton Watson that are better than anything Texas has.  And I have a healthy respect for Texas.  They have the talent to make a deep run.  They just rarely do, even when they have the talent.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

A good analysis, but we have more talent 1-8.  We have a couple of youngsters in Jaylen Clark and Peyton Watson that are better than anything Texas has.

That's fair. I haven't watched you a ton this year. I'm sure you're aware of the guys I was referring to like Juzang, Tyge and the scruffy Spanish guy whose name is escaping me. Similar vibe to some of the Texas standouts.

8 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

The league I follow the most is the WCC and I think it should be a three bid league this year. Santa Clara is giving the Zags all they want right now and I would give USF a good shot to keep their game with them next week to single digits at the under 8 of the 2nd half. Right now I would go Gonzaga, St. Mary’s and USF. This has been a fairly good year for the league as a whole.

WCC is a fun league to watch and I especially like the small venue vibes, gives the games a more intimate feel to them.