NCAA Hoops 2021-22

shadow_operative

15 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

UH is interesting. Does a lot of things right. More than anything, a relentless team. No such thing as 50/50 balls. They're 75/25 UH.

I could never love a Sampson-led team. I'll just say I like this one very much.

I've always had a tremendous amount of respect for Sampson's teams. I enjoy watching them play. My biggest problem is that Sampson is such a whiny bitch on the sideline, and at times his teams take that aspect from him. Also, the whole deliberately contacting players incessantly during dead periods to gain a recruiting advantage. That's a bit tough to take.

But the effort has always impressed me. Didn't matter where he was coaching. Those Barnes/Sampson battles were practically wars on the court.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Underdog said:

You never get shortchanged on effort from his UH teams. 

Yeah, really impressed on both ends from them. Overall takeaway from that game yesterday is that UH doesn't allow you to breathe very much. Relentless on the defensive end. Nice ball movement leaves you chasing an open person on the other end. And if they miss a shot you damn sure better bust your ass to defensive rebound else they'll out-hustle you and generate another possession. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I've always had a tremendous amount of respect for Sampson's teams. I enjoy watching them play. My biggest problem is that Sampson is such a whiny bitch on the sideline, and at times his teams take that aspect from him. Also, the whole deliberately contacting players incessantly during dead periods to gain a recruiting advantage. That's a bit tough to take.

But the effort has always impressed me. Didn't matter where he was coaching. Those Barnes/Sampson battles were practically wars on the court.

Kyler Edwards would have been a valued added on this Texas team.

24 minutes ago, Pancho said:

LSU demolishing aggy at reed.

texags really had threads on their website just 1 month ago proclaiming they were better than Texas, should be ranked higher, and could probably go into the SEC tournament as the #1 or #2 seed. 

They're desperate for the glory days of...*checks notes*....Alex Caruso?

On 1/20/2022 at 11:51 AM, Underdog said:

They’ll probably nab them a few more wins against ranked teams in conference. 

On 1/20/2022 at 12:08 PM, Underdog said:

As it stands now, they have 5 games remaining, 4 at Home, vs ranked opponents so the opportunity is there for them to improve their NET/Kenpom/Lottery/Credit Score or any other bullshit. 

It’s a start. 

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Musselman is a hell of a coach. He has this team playing tough fucking basketball at the right time. It’s likely an Auburn fan or two murdered a spouse tonight. Fuck em.

Auburn doesn't care that much about basketball lol.