NCAA Hoops 2021-22

shadow_operative

38 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Bama running the ole Shaka Smart jack up bad three offense. Luckily if they’re hitting the rim 

and Tennessee is without their best player (Chandler) and their senior leader (Fulkerson). Bama should be handling the Vols at home. kind of expecting Bama to pull away in the 2H, but they already should have established a nice lead, so who knows. 

this is a Rick Barnes coaching clinic right now. the offensive rebounding, the pressure in transition, the big man who's ahead on the break looking over his shoulder and slowing down to set a screen and open up the floor- it looks exactly like so many of his Texas teams, and you can see that his players are well drilled. Bama should be winning this game, but they're playing weak, looking for fouls, and taking stupid shots. this is Barnes beating Oats right now. 

This is going to be a wild conference season with players missing games due to Covid. 

Two big games last night Alabama vs Tennessee and Seton Hall and Providence influenced by players missing those games. With there already being so much parity and now the randomness of players missing games I expect a lot of teams in the major conferences to trade wins and losses. 

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Bama should be winning this game, but they're playing weak, looking for fouls, and taking stupid shots. this is Barnes beating Oats right now. 

Bama isn't very good. That's been evident for a few weeks now. 

Luckily for them they get a quality win because of Covid issues with Tennessee. 

10 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Arkansas was #90 in NET before this game. That's a terrible loss at home. 

They probably aren't even a tournament team at this point. Kind of a huge game for them on Saturday @ aggy. 

I’m glad we got Beard instead of Oates or Muss 

UCLA came out of covid hiding a little over a week ago, and have had their first 3 games (UofA, ASU, and Stanford) cancelled due to covid issues with the other team.  Finally had to resort to playing Long Beach St tonight (for the 2nd time) just to get a game of some kind in.  It's been a month since we've played.

Miami just beat Duke, at Duke.

I had a couple interactions with Tom Crean when he was at Pitt and he was one of the biggest jagoffs I ever had to deal with. 

Auburn pulling away from Florida, at AU. I should have driven over last week for the LSU at AU game when I was down in Atlanta for the Peach Bowl.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

19 hours ago, Js1 said:

What a day

Texas drops to OSU

KU goes down to Tech

ISU down to OU

Alabama loses to Mizzou

Duke loses 

CSU blown out by SDSU

Tenn downed by LSU

Most of these teams have the same thing in common. They piled up wins but almost all of were at home. Once they get a true road game vs. a good team, they lose.

Miami was the only road win in that group. They were rolling before that game, though. I didn't see how on earth they were +15.5.

17 minutes ago, redswingline said:

Most of these teams have the same thing in common. They piled up wins but almost all of were at home. Once they get a true road game vs. a good team, they lose.

That and there's parity across the board. I've been saying all year the top 25 is a mess. 

44 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Not gonna lie, listening to Bill Walton argue incessantly with his co-commentator and just generally be a boomer is pretty hilarious.

Stanford is horrible, I don't know how this game is so close.

Stanford isn't great but they have drastically improved in recent weeks. 

Win over Wyoming (#33 NET), Liberty (#114 NET), and now USC (#12 NET). Good news for Texas fans. 

44 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

USC should not even be in the top 25 but I guess it looks good on paper

They may be a top 25 team, but they were certainly frauds with the schedule they've had.  And got exposed.  

These clowns actually gave out rings and hung a banner for making the Elite 8.  To go next to their "appearance" banner. Participation ribbon if ever there was.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We've only hung Chip banners, but word is we are in fact going to have a single banner for the numerous FF appearances.  They should be recognized.

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sbbruin said:

They may be a top 25 team, but they were certainly frauds with the schedule they've had.  And got exposed.  

These clowns actually gave out rings and hung a banner for making the Elite 8.  Participation ribbon if ever there was.

spacer.png

spacer.png

We've only hung Chip banners, but word is we are in fact going to have a single banner for the numerous FF appearances.  They should be recognized.

Absolutely you should. It'd be a cool look.