NCAA Hoops 2021-22

shadow_operative

The Winter of Our Discontent continued tonight for Pitt Hoops. Lost a second-half lead to Minnesota and lost with about a second to play.

From last year's team we lost the top-five scorers. In that IU-Syracuse game there were two former Pitt players for IU. Au'Diese Toney is at Arkansas. Trey McGowins is at Nebraska and Justin Champagnie is on the Raptors' roster.

Gonna be a long cold winter.

28 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Jeesuz... Mizzou getting ass kicked at half by Liberty 35-11, shooting 14% FG, 0% 3PT with 15 turn overs.

Only 1 MIzzou player made a FG in the entire half.

You Suck Season 6 GIF by Friends

Yeah I was a bit surprised to see Liberty favored by 6....until I checked out Mizzou's season to date and saw they lost at home to UMKC by 14. Ggoddamn Cuonzo, pull it together

53 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

That’s a crazy loss but that gets back to my question of is this the weakest top 25 in over a decade? 

There are a ton of frauds currently ranked (Florida was one). I can’t recall the top 25 ever being this wide open. 

Florida looked good before the the Oklahoma game, top 20 in kenpom and had solid adjusted O and D numbers.  Whatever shooting aids they picked up in Norman carried back to Gainesville. 17% from 3 in Norman, 20% at home last night. from what I’ve read they were bricking shots in warmups too. 

What’s crushing is how the defense has suddenly evaporated. Texas Southern scored at will and beat them on the boards. That’s the part that’s inexcusable and why Mike White is probably being replaced at the end of the year barring a decent run in the dance. Based on last night I have concerns that we even make the dance now.