Kyle Rittenhouse

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

LOL. Everyone I hang with isn’t racist! Or if they are I don’t know it! 

"What can I do? I’m a middle age white guy in Texas who has a professional job. "

God, what a projecting clown. Must be really hard for you to overcome the poor upbringing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

"What can I do? I’m a middle age white guy in Texas who has a professional job. "

God, what a projecting clown. Must be really hard for you to overcome the poor upbringing. 

Well maybe you can tell the board how you manage to never encounter any racists in your life. What’s the Annie secret to that? Just stay in your basement all day or what?

I hunt and fish as much as anyone on this board.  And if anyone said something racist they’d be shunned and not invited back.  Apparently Jimmy has some racist friends he tolerates.  Very sad he only speaks out against racism anonymously to people on the internet and not against those he is friends with in real life.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Well maybe you can tell the board how you manage to never encounter any racists in your life. What’s the Annie secret to that? Just stay in your basement all day or what?

Maybe you can tell the board how you end up spending your leisure time with them?

I myself find it pretty easy to avoid low class racists in my social circles, but your mileage may vary. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Maybe you can tell the board how you end up spending your leisure time with them?

I myself find it pretty easy to avoid low class racists in my social circles, but your mileage may vary. 

Me too. It really isn’t that hard to avoid socializing with racists.  

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I find it very weird that you’re bringing up a story I told in a totally different tread from several months ago about a fishing trip with friends and a guy I had never met before making racist jokes which has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Am I really that important to you?

I also noticed GRUHorn brought it up earlier as well out of nowhere, which bolsters my ongoing theory that y’all are actually the same sad dude posting on here from your basement. 

Just now, JimmyJames said:

I find it very weird that you’re bringing up a story I told in a totally different tread from several months ago about a fishing trip with friends and a guy I had never met before making racist jokes which has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Am I really that important to you?

I also noticed GRUHorn brought it up earlier as well out of nowhere, which bolsters my ongoing theory that y’all are actually the same sad dude posting on here from your basement. 

You should speak out when someone says something racist. 

21 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I hunt and fish as much as anyone on this board.  And if anyone said something racist they’d be shunned and not invited back.  

Nobody here believes this sack. Nobody. It’s actually laughable that you try to even put this out here. You and probably most of your buddies are all racist pieces of shit. You don’t realize it of course because you have no self awareness.

8 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Nobody here believes this sack. Nobody. It’s actually laughable that you try to even put this out here. You and probably most of your buddies are all racist pieces of shit. You don’t realize it of course because you have no self awareness.

We aren’t.  And we don’t tolerate racists like you do.  

52 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I hunt and fish as much as anyone on this board.  And if anyone said something racist they’d be shunned and not invited back.  Apparently Jimmy has some racist friends he tolerates.  Very sad he only speaks out against racism anonymously to people on the internet and not against those he is friends with in real life.  

Trump? Is that you?

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

It really shouldn’t have to be said but I guess it does.

What can I do? I’m a middle age white guy in Texas who has a professional job. Many similar guys I meet and don’t know me simply assume it’s ok to say somewhat racist shit in my presence.

Can confirm.  Had this happen like 3 days in a row last year. 2 of them said by Hispanics.   But O&G construction is a weird mix of folks. 

42 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Can confirm.  Had this happen like 3 days in a row last year. 2 of them said by Hispanics.   But O&G construction is a weird mix of folks. 

Most will assume Texas white men are racist. If you have a thick accent and wearing Carhart, it's almost a guarantee. (It's not fair, I know, but it is what it is.)

Some of those who assume you are racist will also assume you a white race hero because you are a white man from Texas.  These are the dangerous ones. 

No one should be talking politics while hunting, camping or fishing. Fuck off with that shit. Seriously. It ruins trips. 

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Most will assume Texas white men are racist. If you have a thick accent and wearing Carhart, it's almost a guarantee. (It's not fair, I know, but it is what it is.)

Some of those who assume you are racist will also assume you a white race hero because you are a white man from Texas.  These are the dangerous ones. 

No one should be talking politics while hunting, camping or fishing. Fuck off with that shit. Seriously. It ruins trips. 

Talked to a guy from Atlanta with a thick accent who moved here two months ago tell me he was surprised how judgemental people were here. He said that he moved here for a reason but they were judgmental because of his accent. I told my experience here as someone with an accent and told him to get vitamin d. I'm going to figure that we didn't agree politically, but I wanted to make sure that he knew some stuff that he most likely didn't know what he was in for being from Georgia and all.

7 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

In fairness to sack it would probably partially depend on how much money they have. He’s actually a little but more elitist than racist, kind of like his hero trump. He probably does have one or two rich black acquaintances he accepts as almost equals.

His other hero Kyle is probably more on the racist side though. Flashing white supremacy signs and all. 

6 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Talked to a guy from Atlanta with a thick accent who moved here two months ago tell me he was surprised how judgemental people were here. He said that he moved here for a reason but they were judgmental because of his accent. I told my experience here as someone with an accent and told him to get vitamin d. I'm going to figure that we didn't agree politically, but I wanted to make sure that he knew some stuff that he most likely didn't know what he was in for being from Georgia and all.

I maintain that often speaks to a couple of things. One is that it is 'different' and that stands out and is noticed. Some people use it as a conversation starter for a variety of reasons--they're nosy/curious, maybe they can make a new friend, or they want to discover more because anything different is perceived as a threat to their equilibrium. The judgemental behavior can be real or imagined-depends upon the sensitivity of the party and what words were spoken by either party but it's not surprising. You'll find judgey folks everywhere. Anecdotally--I have a mimic's ear and when we lived up north for a number of years, I lost the southern accent and gained a northern one. I was surrounded at work by locals and it wasn't something intentional-it just developed over time. We moved back south to a town of less than 25,000 and early on had to visit the ER with one of our children where the medical technician, after listening to me describe the symptoms and physical complaints, remarks "you're not from around here are you." It was a statement, not a question. It was a little like having the tune from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly play in your head while you figure out if your child is going to receive medical care or you're going to saddle up and ride to the next town. When I told him where I was born and raised, his expression was hilarious. So, I guess you could say I was judging and sizing him up as much as he was me. We got along fine after the conversation continued.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I maintain that often speaks to a couple of things. One is that it is 'different' and that stands out and is noticed. Some people use it as a conversation starter for a variety of reasons--they're nosy/curious, maybe they can make a new friend, or they want to discover more because anything different is perceived as a threat to their equilibrium. The judgemental behavior can be real or imagined-depends upon the sensitivity of the party and what words were spoken by either party but it's not surprising. You'll find judgey folks everywhere. Anecdotally--I have a mimic's ear and when we lived up north for a number of years, I lost the southern accent and gained a northern one. I was surrounded at work by locals and it wasn't something intentional-it just developed over time. We moved back south to a town of less than 25,000 and early on had to visit the ER with one of our children where the medical technician, after listening to me describe the symptoms and physical complaints, remarks "you're not from around here are you." It was a statement, not a question. It was a little like having the tune from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly play in your head while you figure out if your child is going to receive medical care or you're going to saddle up and ride to the next town. When I told him where I was born and raised, his expression was hilarious. So, I guess you could say I was judging and sizing him up as much as he was me. We got along fine after the conversation continued.

Fun fact, women are actually more likely to change their accent to their surroundings, while men not so much. (Unfortunately, I couldn't find where I found it with a cursory search.)

11 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I don't know what you are.  But I have never knowingly gone fishing with racists, and then excused it with "What you gonna do, I am a white man in Texas." But again, you do you buddy. 

Don't answer anything you don't want to but are you yourself white, where did you grow up, and how old are you?  I'm a 48 year old white man that grew up in Southeast Texas.  My parents, aunts, and uncles all went to segregated high schools.  Any time I went fishing with my grandfather, uncles, or cousin, I was fishing with racists and quite often fighting with them about it.  I gave my grandfather something of a pass because he was born in 1920 and raised somewhere out near Marlin.  I'll never again fish with my uncle or cousin because of the racism.  Most of the people I grew up around were absolutely fine with all sorts of prejudice, including slurs.  I'm glad I got the fuck out and can now choose who I fish with.  I don't think my experience is at all unusual in Texas or a lot of other places.  How did you and Sack avoid it your whole lives? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

So you won't fish with racist family...but are there other activities in which you'll engage with racist relatives?  I'm not judging, just seems like a curious line to draw. 

Like, at a diner...will they say, "Wish that colored boy would get back here and fill up my tea."?  But it's out on the boat and comments like "Damn black NFL players better get off their knees and stand for the anthem instead of acting like damn ungrateful animals." with no blacks around...that's what upsets you?  

Sarcasm aside, genuinely asking.  Because my mom is kinda the same way, but in opposite settings.  No fucking filter when we're out in public and says shit about other races and even stares (and she's from Mexico mind you).  And it makes me cringe.  Every public outing with her when she visits is just my skin crawling and lecturing her the whole way home in the car.  But in private (not fishing obviously, but when it's just us and some other family members) and she starts in on her shit, we just laugh at her.  Kinda the opposite of what you were describing.

Edited by Lobo

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So you won't fish racists...but are there other activities in which you'll engage with racist relatives?  I'm not judging, just seems like a curious line to draw. 

Like, at a diner...will they say, "Wish that colored boy would get back here and fill up my tea."?  But it's out on the boat and comments like "Damn black NFL players better get off their knees and stand for the anthem instead of acting like damn ungrateful animals." with no blacks around...that's what upsets you?  

Sarcasm aside, genuinely asking.  Because my mom is kinda the same way.  No fucking filter when we're out in public and says shit about other races and even stares (and she's from Mexico mind you).  And it makes me cringe.  Every public outing with her when she visits is just my skin crawling and lecturing her the whole way home in the car.  But in private (not fishing obviously, but when it's just us and some other family members) and she starts in on her shit, we just laugh at her.  Kinda the opposite of what you were describing.

If you're talking to me, fishing is different because you're in a boat together all day long and it's harder to isolate yourself.  Also, the conversation was specifically about fishing with racists.  The people I used to give something of a pass to because of their age and how they grew up have largely died out.  Fishing and hunting were the things that I happened to do with my racist relatives growing up.  Without that, I have almost no cause to ever see them these days.  I don't tolerate that shit otherwise, no matter what we're doing.  The people I'm talking about don't use terms like, "colored boy or black NFL players."  They have another word for that and I've not been anywhere public with any such people in a long time.   Of course, they don't talk that way publicly.  

Gotcha.  Yes, the isolation part is difficult when you're outdoors all day.  Thankfully, like you...I've found people to fish with whose company I can enjoy for a long while.  or at least, tolerate.  

But if it makes you feel any better...one 90-minute meal out with my mother is the equivalent of a 2-day fishing trip for you and your older relatives back in the day.  If you throw my older half-sister and my cousin from Dripping Springs into the mix...I can usually make it from the parking lot to the front door of the restaurant before I want to go just go hide behind the place and pretend I have a work call for an hour.  I can't imagine riding in the car somewhere (like Kyle did) and the whole time just seething with the notion of "Can't wait to see who I'm gonna pick on when I get there."  thankfully, my mother is not proficient with assault rifles just awkward stares and way too loud a voice.  

But yeah, it's getting to the point during her next visit, I don't like my daughter going out into public with her to glean that my mother's behavior and commentary is even remotely acceptable.  They know better than to say this crap in my home...but they say it out at my cousin's in Drippin' and certainly everywhere out in public.  I don't want my daughter emulating any of that.  /rant

43 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Anyway, back to doughboy. If the jury comes back today then he’s getting off and the party in the DT thread can get started. If it goes into tomorrow that’s bad for killer Kyle. If it goes beyond that then all bets are off. 

I don't think a longer jury deliberation will result in a murder conviction, but I can see them laboring over a lesser included charge.

Boy this thread.

As stated by many of us, the kid is most likely to get off.  I haven't seen anything to make me think that even a lesser charge will stick.

As to the racist charge, for those of you who are being labeled as racist, I guess you should have your due process.

I think most people on this board wouldn't call you racist if you were acknowledging that the kid isn't going to be convicted based on the law.  I think the issue is that it's pretty hard not to think this kid deserves SOME disapprobation for his conduct. 

You guys seem to be cheering on the guy.  Now if that "cheering on" is just everyone playing troll, and egging each other on, I don't think that deserves any sort of racist moniker.

But I'm curious as to whether there actually is some reason outside of that that may be making you actually applaud his conduct.

Because I don't get that -- maybe I haven't read this thread that carefully, but can you explain that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bojack said:

Don't answer anything you don't want to but are you yourself white, where did you grow up, and how old are you?  I'm a 48 year old white man that grew up in Southeast Texas.  My parents, aunts, and uncles all went to segregated high schools.  Any time I went fishing with my grandfather, uncles, or cousin, I was fishing with racists and quite often fighting with them about it.  I gave my grandfather something of a pass because he was born in 1920 and raised somewhere out near Marlin.  I'll never again fish with my uncle or cousin because of the racism.  Most of the people I grew up around were absolutely fine with all sorts of prejudice, including slurs.  I'm glad I got the fuck out and can now choose who I fish with.  I don't think my experience is at all unusual in Texas or a lot of other places.  How did you and Sack avoid it your whole lives? 

I have never heard either my parents or grandparents use the N word.  In my family that would be considered extremely trashy and embarrassing.  My friends don't use the word either nor do they say racist things.

The only group of people I dislike are white progressives.  Not white democrats.  But white progressives.  I cannot stand them.  But neither can anyone else.

34 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Boy this thread.

As stated by many of us, the kid is most likely to get off.  I haven't seen anything to make me think that even a lesser charge will stick.

As to the racist charge, for those of you who are being labeled as racist, I guess you should have your due process.

I think most people on this board wouldn't call you racist if you were acknowledging that the kid isn't going to be convicted based on the law.  I think the issue is that it's pretty hard not to think this kid deserves SOME disapprobation for his conduct. 

You guys seem to be cheering on the guy.  Now if that "cheering on" is just everyone playing troll, and egging each other on, I don't think that deserves any sort of racist moniker.

But I'm curious as to whether there actually is some reason outside of that that may be making you actually applaud his conduct.

Because I don't get that -- maybe I haven't read this thread that carefully, but can you explain that. 

I think he was community minded and went down there to help.  He had his gun because he likes guns and thought he might need it for protection.  Turns out he did.

I would not want my son taking that risk.  But out of all the people in this story, he is by far the best one and the media and leftist politicians have been despicable in their characterization and lies about this kid.  It angers me.  

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I have never heard either my parents or grandparents use the N word.  In my family that would be considered extremely trashy and embarrassing.  My friends don't use the word either nor do they say racist things.

The only group of people I dislike are white progressives.  Not white democrats.  But white progressives.  I cannot stand them.  But neither can anyone else.

How about at the country club or at the frat house? 

9 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I think he was community minded and went down there to help.  He had his gun because he likes guns and thought he might need it for protection.  Turns out he did.

I would not want my son taking that risk.  But out of all the people in this story, he is by far the best one and the media and leftist politicians have been despicable in their characterization and lies about this kid.  It angers me.  

Yeah, I don't think it's a great argument, because I think it's terrible policy to encourage people to act as vigilantes to enter areas with arms.  But I can see how some people might want to encourage that kind of behavior.

Terrible, misguided, etc.  (I'm also not sure the judge allowed a full exploration of community mindedness, but I didn't follow the case that closely).  But enough of a justification where I don't think there is any point calling that argument a racist argument.  If the historians and psychoanalysts want to link that to systemic racism, that's okay by me.