Fiesta Bowl - Okie State vs Notre Dame ESPN noon

WBT

1 minute ago, Go Pokes said:

You think we should get a QB out of the portal for next year? So bench Sanders?

Is your defense going to be that good again next year?  Sanders was good for 2 losses this year (and he was actually pretty shitty in your first game with Baylor). Without that defense to cover it's 4-5 losses.

12 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Is your defense going to be that good again next year?  Sanders was good for 2 losses this year (and he was actually pretty shitty in your first game with Baylor). Without that defense to cover it's 4-5 losses.

Look, Sanders isn’t an NFL QB or anything, but he’s way better than most people think.

He was literally the only piece of the offense this year that wasn’t down with an injury for at least part of the year. I think we had like 2-3 games all year where the offense was (more or less) 100% healthy.

At the beginning of the year, we had like 1-2 scholarship WRs available for the first month of the season; and outside of Tay Martin, the entire group are all freshmen and sophomores, which led to a lot of inconsistency in the passing game in general.

Toward the end of the season, we started losing pieces again, with the biggest being losing the starting center Godlevsky and then Warren for the Big 12 title game, which is what forced Sanders to throw like 50 times and throw the 4 picks. That’s not his game.

When Sanders had a somewhat healthy offense around him he was mostly great this year, culminating with yesterday putting up nearly 500 yards of offense against a really good defense. 

So to answer the question, no I don’t think the defense will be as good next year, but it will still be pretty decent. I think the offense will be significantly better with the WR group being a year older as well as some new pieces coming in on the OL and RB group.

After many decades on this planet, I think Okie State may be my favorite school I'm not a fan of.  I've always liked their uniforms, found their coaches interesting, and they don't seem to take the fact that they are the 2nd team in a shithole state very seriously. 

They blow lots of games but they always seem to be in the fray.

Plus their mascot makes children cry.

giphy.gif

They're attitude seems pretty good.

oklahoma-state-fan.gif

I hate to admit it but if they aren't playing Texas or Stanford I'm always rooting for them. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, tantric superman said:

After many decades on this planet, I think Okie State may be my favorite school I'm not a fan of.  I've always liked their uniforms, found their coaches interesting, and they don't seem to take the fact that they are the 2nd team in a shithole state very seriously. 

giphy.gif

oklahoma-state-fan.gif

I hate to admit it but if they aren't playing Texas or Stanford I'm always rooting for them. 

image.gif.66158115c4581a11cfda4864594160ff.gif

• Haha 7

19 hours ago, 'stache said:

I like Marcus Freeman. I hope their fans aren’t too harsh with him right now. I really like hiring from within and not contributing to the insanity of the carousel.

He was named the head coach exactly one month ago today. We don’t even know what his staff is going to look like going forward. It would be crazy for anyone to pass judgment just based on one bowl game that he basically coached in an interim capacity.

I like Marcus but I hate Notre Dame. And I’m hoping the Freeman era in South Bend gets off to an 0-2 start. After that I hope he has a good 2022 season. 

21 hours ago, tantric superman said:

giphy.gif

oklahoma-state-fan.gif

Counterpoint: Xerox U co-opted "Guns Up" from Texas Tech.  Don't get me wrong, I like OSU but . .  . 

I'm looking at you, too, USF and "your" hand sign.

H7SP7L44GW2BHCULGBNZTU327Y.jpg

Edited by Bullneck

6 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Counterpoint: Xerox U co-opted "Guns Up" from Texas Tech.  Don't get me wrong, I like OSU but . .  . 

I'm looking at you, too, USF and "your" hand sign.

H7SP7L44GW2BHCULGBNZTU327Y.jpg

Oh FFS.

Like Texas Tech invented the concept of making your hand look like a gun. Our mascot is PISTOL Pete.  Maybe -- and I'm just spitballing here -- our fans thought it made sense to do a "gun sign" with their hands because our mascot is PISTOL Pete.

We've been doing that shit forever, and long before the Big 12 formed and Texas Tech was on anybody from OSU's radar.

45 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Oh FFS.

Like Texas Tech invented the concept of making your hand look like a gun. Our mascot is PISTOL Pete.  Maybe -- and I'm just spitballing here -- our fans thought it made sense to do a "gun sign" with their hands because our mascot is PISTOL Pete.

We've been doing that shit forever, and long before the Big 12 formed and Texas Tech was on anybody from OSU's radar.

I'm confused.  I thought your mascot was Sandrone, a character from Italian commedia dell'arte, dressed up as a cowboy.

sandrone_02.jpg