Fiesta Bowl - Okie State vs Notre Dame ESPN noon

WBT

5 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Let's be honest though, that was a pretty bad year for the Heisman. As many have been. Troy Smith was battered by Florida in the bowl game. I would have voted for McFadden, or Johnson.

McFadden was a bad ass that year but the experts said sophomores shouldn’t win the Heisman. Then the very next year they gave it to Tebow, a sophomore. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

This has to be the highest ‘wins to actual games I’ve watched’ ratio of all time…and I was at the UT game.  Life just got in the way this year, hell today was our final day of a marathon 9-day Disney trip, so I didn’t get to catch anything but the very end.  

I do agree that Gundy coached a hell of a season, and with Warren in I would fully expect he’d have won a conference title…and probably gotten annihilated by Alabama.  

He’s no Saban, but consistently punches above his recurring weight and seems to be an excellent organizational manager that keeps an even keel.  His mishandling of quarterbacks is a huge strike against him, and I hate his stubborn loyalty in a cutthroat business…but by all accounts he aims to build a tight culture with strong foundation in work ethic, and I appreciate that.  

• Like 1