2022 Texas Softball - Locked and Loaded

Js1

11 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Not sure we win a game in this series. I really felt like tonight was a must win. I don’t think we have the depth in the circle to win tomorrow Vs Haff

This. Needed game 1. We’re done

We don't appear to have the pitching depth or defense or clutch hitting to make it to OKC.  Maybe we'll pull one out tomorrow, but I doubt out.  Frankly, I'm shocked we made it this far with this team. Thanks Hailey!

More troublingly, I'm starting to worry that losing in the supers is our ceiling under White.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

We don't appear to have the pitching depth or defense or clutch hitting to make it to OKC.  Maybe we'll pull one out tomorrow, but I doubt out.  Frankly, I'm shocked we made it this far with this team. Thanks Hailey!

More troublingly, I'm starting to worry that losing in the supers is our ceiling under White.  

Truth. Didn’t even expect to be here. Mike needs to really develop Simpson in the off-season and find another ace in the portal. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Js1 said:

Truth. Didn’t even expect to be here. Mike needs to really develop Simpson in the off-season and find another ace in the portal. 

I would throw full ride money, NIL money, under the table money, you name it…I would give it all to Storodko for 1 year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I would throw full ride money, NIL money, under the table money, you name it…I would give it all to Storodko for 1 year. 

Same. Storoko and the SFA 1B fill a lot of holes 

Only other major holes are 2B/JJ's bat but you don't find talent like that often - .420+ hitter, can slap, bunt, and hit for power at the leadoff spot.  

Catcher - think we are fine with Cimusz, JJ Smith and Atwood
1B - need the transfer power hitting first baseperson from SFA (oh how I long for a Lexy Bennett at 1B) 
2B - transfer (Bloodworth?) or a good spot for Martinez or Goode to come in and compete for as freshman
SS - Washington is fine here, but one of Martinez or Goode could push her, she got better defensively but her offense is still meh
3B - Scott needs to get better defensively, but she's just a freshman.  Probably gets the leadoff spot with JJ gone
OF - Gilbert/Popelka/Dayton/Maddie P/Maloney/Whitaker, highly unlikely you find anyone better in the portal unless that LSU OF goes in

Edited by Js1

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Same. Storoko and the SFA 1B fill a lot of holes 

Only other major holes are 2B/JJ's bat but you don't find talent like that often - .420+ hitter, can slap, bunt, and hit for power at the leadoff spot.  

Catcher - think we are fine with Cimusz, JJ Smith and Atwood
1B - need the transfer power hitting first baseperson from SFA (oh how I long for a Lexy Bennett at 1B) 
2B - transfer (Bloodworth?) or a good spot for Martinez or Goode to come in and compete for as freshman
SS - Washington is fine here, but one of Martinez or Goode could push her, she got better defensively but her offense is still meh
3B - Scott needs to get better defensively, but she's just a freshman.  Probably gets the leadoff spot with JJ gone
OF - Gilbert/Popelka/Dayton/Maddie P/Maloney/Whitaker, highly unlikely you find anyone better in the portal unless that LSU OF goes in

I am keeping my eye on Pleasants from LSU. If she enters the portal, she is a power hitting lefty SS and Washington can slide to 2B and compete with the freshmen. I agree about 1B, but I think Mike White may be convinced that the JJ Smith/Cimusz pairing can work there, when they aren't behind the plate. Bloodworth, from Bama, is a good player, but I'm not sure she is a huge upgrade over what we have coming. I agree on Mia Scott, she appeared brain dead at 3B and at the plate last night. I think she might have been letting her offense (or lack there of) effect her defense. 

17 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

I think Mike can get us their, he’s proven he can do a lot with lesser talent. . I think that 2020 Covid year team would have been the one if not for a canceled season. . 

Think we should give him some time