2022 OL Devon J. Campbell

Getafix

Draft statistics and analytics show multi-sport athletes tend to be much more likely to get drafted and be impact players in college.  This kid is an athletic freak and so is Kevin Banks.  I’m really excited to see these guys.  Cam Williams makes these two guys look small so I’m hoping Flood can actually develop a massive OL.  We’ve had a few come through Texas only to bust.  

Edited by victory88
  • Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Y'all saw that Longhorn Ryan Crouser set the shotput world record last year, right?

Yeah, and Crouser’s best high school throw (2nd all time) is more than 4 feet short of Carter’s record, which were the distances we were talking about to compare to Campbell’s. I think Carter had 4 of the top 10 all time high school throws and Crouser had 2 of them. I still can’t believe Carter is 4 feet clear of the field after 43 years. It’s honestly hard to comprehend.

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Yeah, and Crouser’s best high school throw (2nd all time) is more than 4 feet short of Carter’s record, which were the distances we were talking about to compare to Campbell’s. I think Carter had 4 of the top 10 all time high school throws and Crouser had 2 of them. I still can’t believe Carter is 4 feet clear of the field after 43 years. It’s honestly hard to comprehend.

My high school shot put coach saw Carter throw and said you couldn't believe even standing right there. Like it was shot from a cannon. There was a guy in my district that threw about 65' and that was astounding to watch. Carter had about 20% beyond that. 

All this being said, as long as Campbell can ball that's all that matters. He's not here to throw 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

My high school shot put coach saw Carter throw and said you couldn't believe even standing right there. Like it was shot from a cannon. There was a guy in my district that threw about 65' and that was astounding to watch. Carter had about 20% beyond that. 

All this being said, as long as Campbell can ball that's all that matters. He's not here to throw 

I mean, we would like him to throw defenders around, maybe like a shot put even!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1