Buck's Barbeque Co.

ChampKind

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a little sumpin sumpin. We’re still here, and still turning some damned good que on a daily basis.

Barbacoa tacos

60b21da04e5da6e9536e2e82c2d0d681.jpg

Brisket tacos

ebdc5212f6f94d0194b1238907fe8683.jpg

Ribs and boudin

6ef07401af8b7a5c00877b3c0a4d62c2.jpg

f1aeadc9f2f52c86ce8ff7880778c46f.jpg

And some more press
http://voyagehouston.com/interview/meet-jim-buchanan-bucks-barbeque-co-east-downtown-eado/

If ya live in Houston and haven’t been to see me yet, you really should

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ChampKind said:

Also, make sure you identify yourself with the customary “I’m from the internet”

Oh, You will know it is slorch so you can give me some burnt ends or a slab of brisket with bark so thick, a redwood's jealous.

Looking forward to getting out there tomorrow.  Invited a few buddies, but I am the only one on vacation this week, so I might be solo...when i sent out the invite, 3 of them answered back how fucking good your place is.

Edited by slorch

Had the pleasure of trying Champkind's place today. I sit at the bar, order about 5 seconds after sitting down and getting a beer.  Bartender sends the order across on the computer. Like 1 minute later, Champkind pokes his head from the kitchen through the double doors to bar area, " Are you from the internet?"   "Why yes I am."  The bartender lady is a bit stunned, like how the hell did he even know?  I start laughing and tell her I'm on Surly and we had discussed it yesterday.

This is the awesome plate of lunch i had:

2h8crk4.jpg

Then, i guess, i looked skinny, because Champkind asked me if I wanted to try a smaller portion of the Thursday special- Brisket debris Po'boy...  "Why yes, I would."

2mgvcdi.jpg

Holy cow, it was good!

The brisket was perfect, and he added some burnt ends to the plate. I usually judge a bbq joint strictly off the brisket and count anything else as bonus that was good.  The pork ribs were most definitely on point today.  I felt like they were the best thing on the plate.  For my side, I tried the cheesy squash... I've heard it might be better than John's, the originator of the recipe, but don't hold me to that.  Try it for yourself.  The po'boy would have been a great lunch by itself, and I was full as a tick by then, but I powered through.  My goal was to not need a doggy bag when I left...that ended up being a lot of grub though.   Thoroughly satisfied. 2 Guns way up for today's experience.

It was cool meeting Champkind, and getting support a surly asshole out there busting his hump making an outstanding product.    Thank you for being such a gracious host, Champkind- and having lax security so a sleazy Tech boy could get some great grub.

Man, Houston's crawling with tons of folks even less desirable than Tech fans.  If Champ turned away every rube that wasn't lucky enough to be a Longhorn, he might go out of business.

Edit: Oh, and the plates look awesome, and I want to destroy that brisket debris po boy.

Edited by utee94

I don't think I could last long in the service industry.

Random yelper:

Food was good, but service is lacking. We got the brisket sandwich and the fritos. The brisket was good, but wish more BBQ sauce was provided.  My friend liked the fritos with the chili on top but wished she could ask for the chili on the side, since it was too much chili for her taste.

More BBQ sauce, less chili.  Got it. 

To her credit, she still left 4 stars.  Could have hit that 5 star by serving less chili champ. 

How much more sauce for your sandwich and how much less chili do you need bitch.  Jesus. 

o.jpg

o.jpg

Edited by Anastasis

Fuck’em, Champ.  Ignore that bullshit. 

I was there on Friday and champ knocked it outta the damn park on every facet. The brisket was freaking amazing. I honestly thought i was gonna puke I ate so damn much. Those portions were extremely generous. 

Edited by pepper brooks