Buck's Barbeque Co.

ChampKind

1 hour ago, ChampKind said:

I’m a bbq whore. Every-ting is available

Can I get some jalapeño cheddar brisket? 

Somehow you will need to insert the japs and cheddar into the brisket while cooking on the pit. You will need an old priest and a young priest. 

Edit: better idea. Slice a large ass jalapeño in half. Slap a nice piece of fatty brisket on it. Put some cheddar slices on it. Put the other jalapeños half on top. Roast it. 

Profit 

Edited by Neonmoon
Lightbulb

• 3 weeks later...

New menu drops this week. The biggest change is that we’ll now be serving the full bbq menu from 11am until 10pm, Tuesday through Sunday. Some of the specials will change, and we’ll be adding some new proteins and sides.

Teasers:

Lamb souvlaki with mint/basil yogurt sauce

37181215f928724d89a3e010fc58ed26.jpg

Smoked chicken salad sammich

da41666ab0af64ea7d5c888d936f5f04.jpg

Altered alpine reuben with turkey and cole slaw.

1cb5057afbf992897deaef7d119bbd8d.jpg

Smoked chicken enchiladas with house made verde sauce.

a2881396b65766260b40d151d129a24c.jpg435cd1b6e59c3f48c29f9e529c98a5c4.jpg

• Like 7

Champ - how do you do it? Black magic?

Meaning - how are you running lunch/dinner service and also smoking meats for the next day, plus all the other prep. When Michael at Hays County did Big & Bright Festival he talked about the serious bags he has under his eyes from basically sleeping with his pits.

Did lamb ribs multiple different ways at PC. My fave treatment is a masala rub. I have a list of things I’ll bust out as specials at some point in the future. Honestly, my favorite #bbqrazy thing I’ve done the past couple years was the go chu jang beef belly I did early last summer. Might have been the best thing I’ve ever cooked

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChampKind said:

New menu

badd6b489d919b47a8d5ce4c314c2fd8.jpg384602faf7ca4b048b88f019ebb3fb0e.jpg

Huh...using John Mueller's name on the menu seems like an odd choice.  I'm sure there's some kind of back story here and you know a lot more about all this shit than me, but that's certainly not the one name I'd choose to be associated with.

4 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Huh...using John Mueller's name on the menu seems like an odd choice.  I'm sure there's some kind of back story here and you know a lot more about all this shit than me, but that's certainly not the one name I'd choose to be associated with.

It's a recipe.  Not an endorsement.  Lighten up Francis.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

6 minutes ago, huge said:

It's a recipe.  Not an endorsement.  Lighten up Francis.

Because there are no other squash recipes out there or he can't create his own?

If I owned an Italian joint and I had 20 amazing, creative, original dishes on the menu, I'd think twice about adding one more called Mario Batali Spaghetti.

To each his own I guess.

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

If I owned an Italian joint and I had 20 amazing, creative, original dishes on the menu, I'd think twice about adding one more called Mario Batali Spaghetti.

To each his own I guess.

You're right. There's a back story there that you obviously aren't aware of, and probably wouldn't approve of, or understand. Like, perhaps despite your disapproval, Champ might view John Mueller as a friend. Either way, showing up on a thread and shitting all over his decision when you admittedly don't know any back story or history seems like a really odd choice, as long as we're now pointing out Odd Choices on this thread. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Either way, showing up on a thread and shitting all over his decision when you admittedly don't know any back story or history seems like a really odd choice, as long as we're now pointing out Odd Choices on this thread. 

Sorry, I didn't realize there were rules on Surly regarding off limit topics to which contrarian opinions are allowed and not allowed.  Searched and couldn't find them.  Send me a link so I can study up, would ya?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Sorry, I didn't realize there were rules on Surly regarding off limit topics to which contrarian opinions are allowed and not allowed.  Searched and couldn't find them.  Send me a link so I can study up, would ya?

slu-surgeon.gif?w=650

4 hours ago, Landomatic said:

To each his own I guess.

I just took a wicked smelly, greasy dump and called it Landomatic.

The steaming pile then tried to back talk me, so I flushed him without further consideration.

ALLEGORY.

I get your point, but I have no problem claiming John as a friend. I accept John for who he is. The squash recipe is his, I’m simply giving credit where it is due. Could I come up with my own recipe? Sure. But I see no reason to.
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, ChampKind said:

I get your point, but I have no problem claiming John as a friend. I accept John for who he is. The squash recipe is his, I’m simply giving credit where it is due. Could I come up with my own recipe? Sure. But I see no reason to.

Cool man and thanks for the non-retarded response.  Was just curious your thoughts on the JM thing as it did jump off the page as a bit of a which-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-other type thing.  It wouldn't stop me from eating there, but given some of the things I've heard, I wouldn't be surprised if the association did stop others from it.  It's no secret he's pretty polarizing, but I respect your loyalty to a friend.  That said, I think you know I'm a big fan of yours and although I haven't been in yet, you're definitely on top of my list of must eat places next time I'm in Houston, which I haven't been to in several years.  Anyway, keep up the good work.

• Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the association did stop others from it. 

I'd like to meet the person that wouldn't eat Champ's food because he is using, and giving credit to, John Mueller for his recipe. That would be one strange cat.

And it really would be a rare person that would see JM listed and then go 'fuck that guy' because how many people have followed the saga as closely as those here. There can't be that many.

If I did the googles correctly, it appears that you are walking distance from George R Brown Convention Center. Is that a true statement?

Accurate. I can be found inside Lucky’s Lodge just two blocks behind GRB at the corner of Rusk and St. Emmanuel

What time would someone need to leave Dallas on a Sunday morning to hit your place, without being rushed for time, and be at the Woodlands by 3pm for a show? 

0800. That puts you at my location about noon. It will take about 40 mins to get back up to the woodlands.
  • Like 1

Accurate. I can be found inside Lucky’s Lodge just two blocks behind GRB at the corner of Rusk and St. Emmanuel

Excellent. I’m planning on attending a conference the first week of March and was hoping to get by there. You being stumbling distance will make it that much easier.