2018 Longhorns Countdown to Kickoff

Tex Pete

7 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Mo mentum!

I love when stats guys don't watch games and talk about how momentum is meaningless in football. It's literally everything in CFB. I think everyone remembers where they were and how they were feeling when that play happened. Awesome.

jor23.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I remember that play very well.  Cedric knocked the fuck out of the tight end, who had the ball in his hands for what could've easily been a TD.

That play won us the game.  He catches that TD instead of them settling for a FG, we run out of time.  Hamby bobbled the ball twice until he was separated from it definitively.  I remember he was getting death threats from the Buckeye faithful that night after the game.  That was an easy TD catch.

12 minutes ago, Scholz said:

That play won us the game.  He catches that TD instead of them settling for a FG, we run out of time.  Hamby bobbled the ball twice until he was separated from it definitively.  I remember he was getting death threats from the Buckeye faithful that night after the game.  That was an easy TD catch.

Yes indeed, that play was a game changer.

I really hope that Kris Boyd turns out like Cedric.  If you recall, Cedric had some growing pains his first couple years as a Longhorn, but really turned it on his final two years and became one of the better DB's in the Big XII, and then had a great pro career until injuries cut that short.  I think/hope that Boyd is on that same path. 

• Like 2

Funny story about the other great No. 8 on this page, Jordan Shipley. 

My daughter's indoctrination of the Longhorns started early, and she was only 2 and 3-years-old, respectively, during the 2008 and 2009 season when the McCoy/Shipley connection was the dominate feature of our offense.  I hadn't really drilled her on the players names, but would talk about them occasionally when watching games with her.  So we're at my in-laws house one day during 2009 season, and my father-in-law, who was a somewhat casual fan of the Longhorns, was raving to us about how great a season Colt was having, and asked me something along the lines of, "And who's the receiver who's catching all of his passes?"  My daughter, who couldn't even name the President of the United States, said matter-of-factly without looking away from her cartoons, "Jordan Shipley."  My father-in-law's jaw dropped and he looked at me like my daughter was some kind of savant.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Funny story about the other great No. 8 on this page, Jordan Shipley. 

My daughter's indoctrination of the Longhorns started early, and she was only 2 and 3-years-old, respectively, during the 2008 and 2009 season when the McCoy/Shipley connection was the dominate feature of our offense.  I hadn't really drilled her on the players names, but would talk about them occasionally when watching games with her.  So we're at my in-laws house one day during 2009 season, and my father-in-law, who was a somewhat casual fan of the Longhorns, was raving to us about how great a season Colt was having, and asked me something along the lines of, "And who's the receiver who's catching all of his passes?"  My daughter, who couldn't even name the President of the United States, said matter-of-factly without looking away from her cartoons, "Jordan Shipley."  My father-in-law's jaw dropped and he looked at me like my daughter was some kind of savant.

*dominant

That play was karma from the college football gods. On the previous play Hamby had shoved one of our DBs into a cameraman well after the play. Not a hard hit but dangerous because of a potential awkward landing. No flag.

Next play that happens. He deserved it.
  • Like 4