2018 Longhorns Countdown to Kickoff

Tex Pete

For the first time in my life I have purchased season tickets. I will have the worst seats I have ever had in my life for more money than I have ever paid scalping tickets (rarely paid more than 50% of face for lower level seats). Yet one gets to an age were one does not want the hassle anymore.  I have officially become that fan that sits on his hands. Can't wait for the new season to get here. The good thing is I am so far up in the upper level that noise I should be making cannot make a difference anyway.

• Like 1

The Daily Texan labelled this picture "Tom Campbell", but I'm pretty sure that's Mike Campbell who wore #86 in 1969.
BigShootout.jpg?itok=LVnWkbLE

Fun fact. I partied at the Texas/usc title game pre-game for a few minutes with Mike Jr. At the time, I didn’t realize he was Mike Campbell Sr’s son. I just knew he was on the 1969 title team. Even more absurd, he went to my high school and I didn’t realize that until just recently.
  • Like 1

0967209f8bf61e4fb48e818b131f2a83.jpg

#85 William Harris

Apologies for the crummy pic, which I ripped from a youtube video.

This is William on his way to the end zone against Pedo St at the Meadowlands in 1984. This was an 84 yard TD reception, and is still the standing team record for longest TD by a TE. His 637 yards receiving in 1984 are also the most ever in a season by a Longhorn TE.

William passed in 2014 from ALS.

RIP and Hook ‘Em to a great Longhorn.

Pos rep to anyone who can find a better pic of this TD.

Edited by Player

11 hours ago, Player said:

0967209f8bf61e4fb48e818b131f2a83.jpg

#85 William Harris

Apologies for the crummy pic, which I ripped from a youtube video.

This is William on his way to the end zone against Pedo St at the Meadowlands in 1984. This was an 84 yard TD reception, and is still the standing team record for longest TD by a TE. His 637 yards receiving in 1984 are also the most ever in a season by a Longhorn TE.

William passed in 2014 from ALS.

RIP and Hook ‘Em to a great Longhorn.

Pos rep to anyone who can find a better pic of this TD.

He was as talented a TE as we've had in the last 40 years. 

On 6/9/2018 at 2:30 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

He was as talented a TE as we've had in the last 40 years. 

Never got so see him play. Was he on a par with David Thomas ( who to me, is the best Texas TE ive Seen  since ‘88)?

Edited by jdhorn92