2018 Longhorns Countdown to Kickoff

Tex Pete

47 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

The only #40 that matters. A helluva a baseball player too.

Peschel is great, and has arguably one of the most iconic catches in Longhorn history.  But saying he's the only No. 40 that matters is a bit of a stretch.  Cory Redding was a beast on the D-line for four years and is one of the best Longhorn defensive ends of all time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Peschel is great, and has arguably one of the most iconic catches in Longhorn history.  But saying he's the only No. 40 that matters is a bit of a stretch.  Cory Redding was a beast on the D-line for four years and is one of the best Longhorn defensive ends of all time.

I agree about Redding and even others but Peschel has the ring.

On 7/19/2018 at 6:12 PM, BigHorn'13 said:

Iirc he had just been ejected in that photo. 

lol that's the sweetest avatar. At the time it was almost cringe but I watch the gif on my phone for a chuckle every now and then. 

Can't wait for more celebrations and more articles criticizing our coach for mocking the opposing team's QB celebration. 

Fuck everybody, especially USC.

• Like 1

Without Robert Reed's containment, Stonie doesn't make this play.  Cheers #40!

I had picked up a stripper the night before at a club called The Ranch in Arlington. She was 19 and let’s just say I was quite a bit older. Hot as hell.

Invited her to the game and used my extra ticket. My buddies wives were not pleased. It was warm that day and she wore a burnt orange halter top with no bra. Guys young and old were giving me high fives walking up and down the stadium seats. We sat about five rows up in the end zone right where Stonie made that play.

Did unholy things later that night, one of the best days ever..../csb

• Like 1

11 hours ago, South Austin said:

I don't know how you missed that Cory was moved to linebacker. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mileslong said:

I had picked up a stripper the night before at a club called The Ranch in Arlington. She was 19 and let’s just say I was quite a bit older. Hot as hell.

Invited her to the game and used my extra ticket. My buddies wives were not pleased. It was warm that day and she wore a burnt orange halter top with no bra. Guys young and old were giving me high fives walking up and down the stadium seats. We sat about five rows up in the end zone right where Stonie made that play.

Did unholy things later that night, one of the best days ever..../csb

Fantasy Ranch off 360? 

• Like 1

Ryan Bailey, kicking the winning field goal in Lincoln in 2006.  Man, we owned corn aggy.
016258659.jpg

Love the story about how his mom was watching the game with friends at a bar and one of them points out that her son, a little used walk-on, was about to kick the game-winning field goal.

21 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

I've never understood this argument.

You do not understand players that actually win a National Championship versus players that do not?

Not saying there cannot be great players that do not win one...but the players that do are extra S"Peschel" !!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

You do not understand players that actually win a National Championship versus players that do not?

Not saying there cannot be great players that do not win one...but the players that do are extra S"Peschel" !!!!!!

I have never understood arguing that a player is better simply because they were on a NC team.

Was there somebody wearing #20 on the '69 team?  I guess he was better than Earl, right?