Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

9 hours ago, Marfa Low Crown said:

IMG_0092.thumb.webp.f0d985a9694b616354622cf4c1d8c888.webp

I don’t think lobster was actually a luxury food item back then. I think at that point in history they were still considered working class food. Good chance they weren’t even on the Titanic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, nnm said:

I don’t think lobster was actually a luxury food item back then. I think at that point in history they were still considered working class food. Good chance they weren’t even on the Titanic. 

My mom would visit her aunt and uncle who had an art studio in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. This was the 1930s.  Mom said that lobster was essentially considered like a trash fish that only the poor fishermen ate.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Capture.PNG

What’s wrong with Cheesecake Factory? Their miso salmon is delicious.

I went on plenty of coffee dates in the past. Spend $8 (at the time), see how things went, then either cut bait or transition to drinks, dinner, etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Superhero said:

What’s wrong with Cheesecake Factory? Their miso salmon is delicious.

I went on plenty of coffee dates in the past. Spend $8 (at the time), see how things went, then either cut bait or transition to drinks, dinner, etc. 

Cheesecake Factory is for people so bad at conversation that they need a gigantic and gimmicky menu as a prop in order to get to know someone.

It's also for the terminally indecisive/incompatible pairings. One person wants Thai and the other wants Mexican? You can both get what you want and be separately but equally disappointed! 

And nobody wants to make out with someone who has coffee breath. 

29 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Cheesecake Factory is for people so bad at conversation that they need a gigantic and gimmicky menu as a prop in order to get to know someone.

It's also for the terminally indecisive/incompatible pairings. One person wants Thai and the other wants Mexican? You can both get what you want and be separately but equally disappointed! 

And nobody wants to make out with someone who has coffee breath. 

Plus their menu really doesn’t work when you’re trying to run an offense. 
USATSI_19203376.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

And leaning back against the tailgate

That was the only place you couldn’t sit for us. Too many of them came open.  No sitting on or against the tailgate.  Safety first. 
Grandma could smoke in the car with the windows rolled up, though. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

That was the only place you couldn’t sit for us. Too many of them came open.  No sitting on or against the tailgate.  Safety first. 
Grandma could smoke in the car with the windows rolled up, though. 

We had a ‘68 Dodge step side. It had little standing platforms in the gap between the fender and the cab. One could stand there and hold on to the bed rail for a fun ride down the highway. 

Like this one, except that ours was an off-white. 
hqdefault.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, nnm said:

We had a ‘68 Dodge step side. It had little standing platforms in the gap between the fender and the cab. One could stand there and hold on to the bed rail for a fun ride down the highway. 

Like this one, except that ours was an off-white. 
hqdefault.jpg

That could actually be pretty handy, in a practical way. 

• Like 1

In elementary school and junior high I had a classmate named Gilbert. Gilbert had an older brother named Pablo. Every day Pablo would roll up in his pickup to take Gilbert home and would also take anyone else home who jumped in the back.

I have no idea how old Pablo was. No parents ever met Pablo. But it was a perfectly viable solution if mom or dad couldn’t get there after football practice or something. No worries, I’ll just ride all over town in the back of Pablo’s truck and eventually get home.

Pablo also had an awesome airbrushed mural on the side of his truck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

In elementary school and junior high I had a classmate named Gilbert. Gilbert had an older brother named Pablo. Every day Pablo would roll up in his pickup to take Gilbert home and would also take anyone else home who jumped in the back.

I have no idea how old Pablo was. No parents ever met Pablo. But it was a perfectly viable solution if mom or dad couldn’t get there after football practice or something. No worries, I’ll just ride all over town in the back of Pablo’s truck and eventually get home.

Pablo also had an awesome airbrushed mural on the side of his truck.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4