Texas @ South Carolina Series Thread

Horny Bull

7 minutes ago, Cajun said:

We are not a top 10 team right now.  Until we figure out a new starter AND remedy the guaranteed 4outs a game Daly represents, we’re just a really good college baseball team.

Yes we currently are not. We may get back there later on this season but right now we are down. Baseball is a cruel game.

8 minutes ago, Cajun said:

We are not a top 10 team right now.  Until we figure out a new starter AND remedy the guaranteed 4outs a game Daly represents, we’re just a really good college baseball team.

We are a top 5 baseball team. Look around college baseball and you won’t find 5 teams better than Texas

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Pretty sure 2019 happened.

Difference between losing because you aren’t good. Then there is being not good and saving Bryce Elder for a 7 inning double header because you just want to win one game. That is what South Carolina did today.

We will win game 2 and be 14-3 so not all that worried. Just astonished that South Carolina’s program has fallen to that low.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Our body of work is still strong. We are just talking about how we are currently playing.

We won’t have to worry about the team not facing adversity now so that’s good. I’m being serious. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

And when we win this series and two more games in Carolina, we'll come home feeling invincible.

Same as it ever was.

This board has swung from "We would crush the 1927 Yankees"  to "we're not even a top-10 team"  in about one week.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, troph said:

We won’t have to worry about the team not facing adversity now so that’s good. I’m being serious. 

Definitely good that we’ve hit this adversity. . You hate to go through it but it was grow you. 

1 minute ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Same as it ever was.

This board has swung from "We would crush the 1927 Yankees"  to "we're not even a top-10 team"  in about one week.

I’m with chase this team is easily top 5, even with the injuries and tomfoolery. 

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

And when we win this series and two more games in Carolina, we'll come home feeling invincible.

I mean I appreciate what you are saying but I actually do care about how we are playing not just if we manage to win some games. I don't think it is reactionary to notice when things are going well or not.

But it is a long season and this is baseball. It will go up and down. 

Edited by Valmy77

We’re fine. Need a couple guys in the lineup to be more consistent. Guys like Luke, Sthele, Dre, Gordon, Cobb, Southard etc are going to continue to grow and pitch some good ball down the stretch. Need time for the staff to adjust to Witt being out. Lot of baseball left and definitely not worried about our ranking right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Same as it ever was.

Oh FFS. Every game since the the LSU game has had rough moments in every aspect of the game. Unchararistic fielding errors and passed balls by Silas. Weird unimpressive outings by some of our pitchers. Holes in the line up. It is understandable, as we just had a major psychological blow by losing Witt. But it is freaking March, not June. No big deal, plenty of time to get the ship righted. But things are how they are right now. Every team slumps. Hope we break out it here soon. Fortunately the schedule gets easier for a bit.

Even the 27 Yankees went cold for a few games in there.

Edited by Valmy77

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Seriously everyone needs to chill.

I'm chill. This happens every time. I am not singing doom and gloom just because pointing out we have had a rough couple games. Every fucking baseball team ever assembled has rough patches.

• Hook 'Em 1

It's very simple. After the hot start, one of us started talking about being undefeated heading into conference play. That kind of hubris will always draw the attention of the Baseball Gods. Let's just hope that the past week is the only righteous punishment meted out for the transgression. And that the lesson has been learned.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

Tons

Then I would hope you would have more informed opinions and not just overreactions the moment we lose a game.

3rd ranked Arkansas is about to drop a game to Illinois-Chicago. They also have losses to Illinois State and Southeastern so far this season. The THIRD ranked team in the country.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Then I would hope you would have more informed opinions and not just overreactions the moment we lose a game.

3rd ranked Arkansas is about to drop a game to Illinois-Chicago. They also have losses to Illinois State and Southeastern so far this season. The THIRD ranked team in the country.

Don't forget Florida losing to 0-12 Seton Hall lol. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I dunno if you know, but that’s a funny comment for who it’s directed at

Making over-reactionary comments like “this team isn’t a top 10 team” moments after we drop our second game of the season is hilarious and even more hilarious if it’s coming from someone who is a college baseball fanatic.

Edited by Hookem2147

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Imagine being an ok state fan, taking care of Vandy then losing to Sam Houston and getting swept by Gonzaga. They’re still considered a top ten team 

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Making over-reactionary comments like “this team isn’t a top 10 team” moments after we drop our second game of the season is hilarious and even more hilarious if it’s coming from someone who is a college baseball fanatic.

Have you ever read any thread about any Texas sports ever on this site after a loss?

• Haha 1

We're taking this series, we're taking back the Carolinas, and we're shitting on their women, and fuck them and all they stand for.  Let's do this!  GO HORNS!