Eric Church seems like a dickhole....

Aqua Buddha

21 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I know a lot of people with otherwise good taste in country that like Eric Church, and I've tried but I can't tell the difference between him and Luke Bryan.

And now I know he's an unprofessional dick.

Is church the fat one or is that someone else?

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

They didn't look like that when they first got famous.

I know. I finally sat down in my library for my lunch break and saw that the intellectual topic of the hour was portly country music stars. Those two popped up in my mind, but you’re right- even after several more minutes of deep and stimulating thought, I couldn’t come up with any more. 

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Chris Stapleton isn't exactly svelte.

The thing is, he has undeniable talent.

He's more of a dad bod vs true fat ass.

Joshua Ray Walker and John Moreland make some of the best country or country-adjacent (in Moreland's case) music out there right now.  Neither one will ever become truly famous unless they lose a few hundred pounds.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Must be someone else.  Fat guys usually don't end up on the radio.  Church is pretty skinny.

I looked it up and Luke Combs is who I was thinking of. I couldn't tell you the difference between him, church, and Luke Bryan (other than the fat part)

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

I looked it up and Luke Combs is who I was thinking of. I couldn't tell you the difference between him, church, and Luke Bryan (other than the fat part)

Luke Combs has at least one good song that I've heard.  I've never liked a single song I've heard from Church and Bryan.  He's definitely more on the radio country spectrum of things and I'd wager most of his songs are junk (I've never listened to a whole album).

And yeah, he's a big boy.  Absolutely the max size you can be and still make the radio.  His wife is a great example of why guys learn how to play guitar.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

What, you don't see the honesty in a country song about Bruce Springsteen?

I think the part I hate the most about that song (other than the terrible "boomboomboomboom" shit") is the fact that most people who love it can name, MAYBE, 3 Springsteen songs.  And most would probably just know "Born In the USA".

It's the musical equivalent of teen girls today wearing Rolling Stones and AC/DC shirts.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Kennythetiger said:

Googling “luke combs’ wife”…..  

I'll help you.

Luke-Combs-and-Future-Wife-Fiance%CC%81e

This is why when I was 11 and all my buddies at school were signing up for the band, my old man said "learn how to play piano, and then guitar.  No one ever got laid for playing the French horn".

33 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'll help you.

This is why when I was 11 and all my buddies at school were signing up for the band, my old man said "learn how to play piano, and then guitar.  No one ever got laid for playing the French horn".

At least it looks like he knows how ridiculous this looks, like he's just saying "yeah, I can't believe it either" 

• Hook 'Em 1

I guess I am in the minority for two reasons. I went to one Eric Church concert, sat in the nosebleeds, and enjoyed it. He put on a good show. 
Second, if he wants to skip a concert, good for him. Especially to watch something with his family that’s apparently very important to him. 
I have been fucked twice by the Turnpike Troubadours, neither time felt good. But yet I bought tickets to their next show. 
I actually admire Eric for drawing boundaries. 

On 4/1/2022 at 7:41 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

I'll help you.

When my kids were little my wife said "What if they want to be in band instead of sports?" 

I said they can be in a band, not the band.

(Narrator) They play/ played sports

...Probably belongs in the Stupid Shit Wives Say thread

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

When my kids were little my wife said "What if they want to be in band instead of sports?" 

I said they can be in a band, not the band.

(Narrator) They play/ played sports

...Probably belongs in the Stupid Shit Wives  Husbands Say thread

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 1