2022 Texas Rangers Thread

CowtownHorn

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably JDs biggest apologist but it was time to go. It seems like for the last 5 years the organization has been behind the curve with regard to R&D and that's shown on the field.  The PD has been abysmal and there's no excuse. That's on him and ultimately led to his downfall.

If CY is the guy you need to let him be the guy. Hard to do with JD there.

I hope he cleans house as far as scouting and player development are concerned.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 8/15/2022 at 2:44 PM, JOSEYWALES66 said:

CY works for JD.  JD ain't leaving unless the owners want him gone.   Judging by the revamping of the farm over the past few years, I don't expect JD to be leaving soon.   

On 8/15/2022 at 2:47 PM, Herbie Hancock said:

It’s Rex and Vic. I’m not sure why you wasted a response on them but I can assure you their next post will be even more ignorant than the previous

On 8/15/2022 at 3:20 PM, Henry Hill said:

Will Smith Reaction GIF

On 8/15/2022 at 4:35 PM, Rex Kramer said:

No he absolutely does not. Again, he runs the team. If CY wants JD gone, JD is gone. CY doesn’t fucking work for pencil dick punk ass Jon Daniels. 

I repeat…..

2 hours ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

For you poor bastards that follow this club on the regular, does Daniels dismissal really change how the team does things or not or is he just a sacrificial figure head?  

Yes. CY will be handling this going forward. CY got Semien and Seaver. He gave Davis/Simpson confidence to dispatch JD, and he was brought in for this very very specific day. I do think Davis having JD can Woody and then canning JD is terrible form. But whatever, they’re both gone. 

54 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

This may be the most surprising part of today. 

Rhyner is really critical of “the ghostly trio”. Give me Davis and Simpson any day over attention hungry JJ and Cuban. 

19 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Damn, they really should have done both Monday. 

I’ve been thinking about this all morning. Having JD do the dirty work, since it was his hire, has merit. If I were Davis, I would’ve canned JD first and let Woody ride out the season, knowing his performance is under evaluation. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter. Davis is right, we aren’t good, changes were needed, and these guys get paid enough such that it makes a lot of sense to break it off clean with these guys asap and let CY go to work. There’s little point in delaying the inevitable. Woody was going to lose 90 games.