TCU @ Texas Weekend Series Thread

zlavydra

Just now, zlavydra said:

How hard did Stevens get hit? I know there was one bomb, but it seems there were a lot of cheap hits.

A few hard knocks, but the home run looked wind aided and there were several Texas leaguers mixed in. Wasn’t his day but he didn’t help himself with his command.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, OB3 said:

Stevens would look a lot better if he just focused on a cutter or sinker. His stuff isn’t overpowering so might as well have as much movement as possible. 

He does throw sinker primarily. A sinker left up in the zone though is basically a meat fastball.

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

He does throw sinker primarily. A sinker left up in the zone though is basically a meat fastball.

It just looks pretty flat for a sinker. But I guess if it starts that high it’ll end right over the plate

4 minutes ago, OB3 said:

It just looks pretty flat for a sinker. But I guess if it starts that high it’ll end right over the plate

Just saw the replay of the Frog bomb. Bad pitch but no worse than the 0-1 meatball to Trey. We have to crush that trash.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Trey has a strikeout rate of 42% on the year, which is insane considering he’s hitting .300. His batting average on balls in play can not be sustained long term.  

His pitch selection is pretty frustrating. He’s left a lot of dudes on base this year 

Fuck me. Nixon could apparently only go an inning 

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Trey has a strikeout rate of 42% on the year, which is insane considering he’s hitting .300. His batting average on balls in play can not be sustained long term.  

Yeah Faltine strikes out too much...  minor league coaches are gonna force him to shorten his swing.