TCU @ Texas Weekend Series Thread

zlavydra

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah Faltine strikes out too much...  minor league coaches are gonna force him to shorten his swing.  

I was surprised to see his strikeout rate last year was 33%, which is also pretty bad. But 42% is about as bad as it gets.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I was surprised to see his strikeout rate last year was 33%, which is also pretty bad. But 42% is about as bad as it gets.

… and it doesn’t seem the coaches GAF because he never shortens up just to make contact when he’s got two strikes.  Put the ball in play and see what might happen …

Just now, VirginiaLonghorn said:

… and it doesn’t seem the coaches GAF because he never shortens up just to make contact when he’s got two strikes.  Put the ball in play and see what might happen …

In his defense, the coaches probably don’t care because he is somehow hitting .300 with an OPS over 1.000 despite all the strikeouts. They will take that trade all day.

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Was the dude tcu used last night their number 1 bullpen guy? He seemed like it. Highly highly doubt we see him today 

Probably their best besides the closer. That's why it behooved us to make him throw a lot of pitches 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Hammerin Hank said:

Most umpires I know will say there isn’t a tie. He’s either out or safe

Exactly.  There's no such thing as a tie.  He was out or he was safe even if it's by a nanosecond one way or the other.  

And if you can't tell, he's safe.  It is known.

• Hook 'Em 1