TCU @ Texas Weekend Series Thread

zlavydra

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Is Stehly that slow? Probably would’ve been close at the plate but off the bat I figured we were gonna send him. Pierce is the weirdest fucking 3rd base coach 

oh he would have actually been out by 20 feet.  he was barely at third before the LF threw it to SS

and Austin gives us a go ahead

27 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I looked at his Big 12 stats from last year and he was right around .220.  my guess is he was worse before that because last year was an outlier as far as his season overall BA.

I think I let the guy swing and take whatever happens.  Daly is up after him and he sucks worse.  the hope was no double play and get to Faltine I guess.

Messinger hit .313 in conference last year

https://big12sports.com/stats.aspx?path=baseball&year=2021

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

oh he would have actually been out by 20 feet.  he was barely at third before the LF threw it to SS

and Austin gives us a go ahead

No yeah I saw him strolling into 3rd and yeah. Just looked kind of weird 

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

Messinger hit .313 in conference last year

https://big12sports.com/stats.aspx?path=baseball&year=2021

He didn't. Those are numbers for all games.  He hit somewhere between .220 and .240 with zero HR's in conference play last year. His best games were against Omaha and Lafayette.

Edited by zlavydra

13 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

He didn't. Those are numbers for all games.  He hit somewhere between .220 and .240 with zero HR's in conference play last year. His best games were against Omaha and Lafayette.

OK, yeah it was .236.  I blame Bowlsby for the Big 12 website switching from conf games to all when I clicked on the individual stat tab.

Edited by WBT

1 minute ago, zlavydra said:

Here we go:

https://big12sports.com/stats.aspx?path=baseball&year=2021&conf=true

In 2021, Skyler his .236 with (more importantly) an awful OPS of .647.  In 89 AB's, he managed a grand total of 8 XBHs and 7 (!) RBI.  Bad news - that's who he is.  Good news - he's outperformed that by far already this year.

Yep. He’s fine in the 7 or 8 hole and solid defensively but he’s not going to be a big run producer.

5 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

someone told Faltine that maybe you dont have to swing when the ball is in the dirt

Faltine is a hot head that plays with a chip on his shoulder. Something as benign as just moving him down in the lineup could put him in a better place mentally.

Edited by ztejas

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

DDA fucking  front and center as usual....   how that fucker keeps being allowed in those seats amazes the shit out of me

I literally dropped in to say the same thing, that man stays waiting for the front row to leave just to slide in for the later innings lol