TCU @ Texas Weekend Series Thread

zlavydra

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Augie is rolling over in his grave seeing our bunting this year 

for the most part we forgot how to bunt effectively about 8 years ago... including Augies last years. 

i mean for fuck sake in 2019 our backup catcher degloved his fucking hand on a bunt attempt. 

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Messinger and Todd are career sub .220 hitters against Big 12 pitching. They are who they are. 

I suspected as much about Skyler, but I couldn't verify it. Did you find that on KU's web site? I looked, but I don't think they offered a "conference-only" breakdown.

2 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

He's had a couple of uncharacteristically great games against conference pitching so far this year. But I expect him to end up with a sub-.700 OPS.

yeah.  I kind of blame Pierce there.  I could be wrong but Messinger looks like a guy who has hardly ever bunted in his life.

Just now, zlavydra said:

I suspected as much about Skyler, but I couldn't verify it. Did you find that on KU's web site? I looked, but I don't think they offered a "conference-only" breakdown.

I looked at his Big 12 stats from last year and he was right around .220.  my guess is he was worse before that because last year was an outlier as far as his season overall BA.

I think I let the guy swing and take whatever happens.  Daly is up after him and he sucks worse.  the hope was no double play and get to Faltine I guess.

Just now, zlavydra said:

You sure? Seems like the first was an easy grounder.

i would argue it was lucky because it was barely fair when Ivan got it.        its baseball its still an out... but if that was foul, he gets another chance.  

and finally we get the needed 3rd out with scarry bases covered

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

yay....

but   another RISP hit that we cant fucking score on

Is Stehly that slow? Probably would’ve been close at the plate but off the bat I figured we were gonna send him. Pierce is the weirdest fucking 3rd base coach