2018-19 NCAA Basketball Season

Goo Punch

Fuck the aggies!

Also, why is Baylor playing a home game at 11:00 AM local time on a FRIDAY MORNING?

Baylor-Friday-morning-BB-game.png

I could understand if it was to get on TV the Friday AFTER Thanksgiving, but this is today, Friday the 16th, at 11:00 AM CST.  (I'm in Mountain Time, so it shows 10 AM.)

Lastly, I'm surprised that the lowest ticket prices aren't $0 or $1.

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Good thing for Kansas that Lagerald Vick returned or they probably lose the last two games to mid major teams. 

Makes you wonder what this says about Michigan State, yikes. Interesting year in college basketball. Right now it seems like Duke, then everybody else

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Texas25 said:

Makes you wonder what this says about Michigan State, yikes. Interesting year in college basketball. Right now it seems like Duke, then everybody else

Sparty more than any other team has a track record of improving over the course of a season. It's not that unusual for them to be a work in progress in November. 

Also, people may be jumping the gun on Duke. They are stupid talented- best team since 2015 Kentucky. I'm just saying that as great as they look I've seen teams get anointed in November only to later be revealed to be mortal after all. It wouldn't surprise me to see Duke end up having trouble with KU, UNC, UVA, Gonzaga, Tennessee, Nevada, or even Kentucky. Other teams are going to get better as the year goes along and Duke may not end up lappingthe field. 

Or they might though. Their talent is insane. 

Edited by Goo Punch

8 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Sparty more than any other team has a track record of improving over the course of a season. It's not that unusual for them to be a work in progress in November. 

Also, people may be jumping the gun on Duke. They are stupid talented- best team since 2015 Kentucky. I'm just saying that as great as they look I've seen teams get anointed in November only to later be revealed to be mortal after all. It wouldn't surprise me to see Duke end up having trouble with KU, UNC, UVA, Gonzaga, Tennessee, Nevada, or even Kentucky. Other teams are going to get better as the year goes along and Duke may not end up lappingthe field. 

Or they might though. Their talent is insane. 

I don't think they are going to lap the field but barring injury, I don't think there is anyone that can come within 10 points of them on their best day (obviously they will have off games and will have some close games). Only way Kansas hangs with them is if Vick and Grimes hit a barrage of 3s. Kansas can hang but it would take pretty much their A+ game in my opinion. Azubuike could give them some problems down low but Kansas is going to have to be money from outside.

Gonzaga and UVA haven't really played anybody although Gonzaga dismantled what looks like a very mediocre at best aggy team. We'll learn a lot about us, UNC, and Michigan State this coming week. I'm always reluctant to jump on the Barnes train, Barnes hasn't gotten past the 1st weekend of the tournament since 2008. Always hard to judge mid-majors but Nevada can shoot, their 3 leading scorers thru 3 games have been lights out from 3, Caleb Martin (40% from 3), Jordan Caroline (50% from 3), Jazz Johnson (52.9% from 3).

Edited by Texas25

I think the UVA game will show us a lot about Duke.  They are the best team in the country right now, no doubt.  But I'd count on Tony Bennett to show us something against them defensively that will set the blueprint for beating them.  I don't know that UVA will beat them but it will show teams like KU what they need to do to have a chance.

Yeah.  I'm sure I'll have a blast watching him torch UK this season, probably the same as the midget from VMI last night with about 10-treys.  Dude was just bombing from all over the court and rainbows like you wouldn't believe.  Bet the ball came down wet a few times, certainly was after it splashed through the nets.