2018-19 NCAA Basketball Season

Goo Punch

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

dont think he touched it again after the easy ass shot he made with like 3 minutes left in the game.

that shot you're talking about is one of the most impressive things i've ever seen. the power, the agility, the speed, the ease with which he just took what he wanted as the Zags stood helplessly by...wow. 

Just now, Scraps said:
2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:
Way too tough in bball

I was joking since Duke was supposed to go undefeated according to some national tards

Especially them saying that after 3, 4, or 5 games. I flipped over to the Louisville game and heard the announcers talking about how awesome was Louisville's bench this season, after three games.

4 minutes ago, UTDD said:

I get that Zion might be undersized and not a perfect fit for the NBA on paper/position but when I watch him for a few minutes and then Barrett, I am feeling Zion more for # 1 for sure.

Who says he's not a good fit?  Today's NBA is perfect for him in my eyes.  He's much more skilled than I gave him credit for and he'll only improve in the NBA. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Who says he's not a good fit.  Today's NBA is perfect for him in my eyes.  He's much more skilled than I gave him credit for and he'll only improve in the NBA. 

I think he could be a superstar personally, but some question his outside shot , true position (is he skilled enough to guard wings/long enough to guard bigs?) and durability long-term.  I think he's the best athlete I have seen coming towards the NBA since LeBron arrived many years ago.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UTDD said:

I think he could be a superstar personally, but some question his outside shot , true position (is he skilled enough to guard wings/long enough to guard bigs?) and durability long-term.  I think he's the best athlete I have seen coming towards the NBA since LeBron arrived many years ago.  

I look at him as potentially a Draymond Green type hybrid power forward/center. He has shown himself to be a willing passer who isn't completely atrocious from the outside.  A team like Atlanta that is attempting to replicate what Golden State did out west (their GM is a former Warrior personnel guy) is probably salivating over Zion right now.  

10 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I look at him as potentially a Draymond Green type hybrid power forward/center. He has shown himself to be a willing passer who isn't completely atrocious from the outside.  A team like Atlanta that is attempting to replicate what Golden State did out west (their GM is a former Warrior personnel guy) is probably salivating over Zion right now.  

Yeah I can see some of that potential, throw in a little Charles Barkley offensively too and you got yourself a player there.

I want to go ahead and say this might be the best start to the season in recent memory regarding quality games.

#1 Ku v. #10 MSU

#2 UK v. #4 Duke

11 auburn v. 25 washington

8 nova v. 18 michigan

13 oregon v. 15 cuse

16 vatech v. 23 Purdue

1 duke v. 8 auburn

3 zags v zona

#2 KU v. marquette

1 duke v. 3 zaga

5 tennessee v. Louisville 

To finish the week there is going to be another top 5 and another top 25 match up on Friday.

I love it when the big teams play big games early in the season.  College basketball is really getting a lot of things right at the moment when it comes to scheduling.  If they keep the refs in control it is going to be an amazing season.

Edited by Jhawk

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

If Mark Few wanted to make more money, he would have left Gonzaga years ago. Just going to throw that out there.

He likes being the biggest fish in the small pond.  Plus he gets great transfers and recruits exactly the type of player he wants, not just the sexiest players.  I don't think he'll ever leave when St. Mary's is the only school to ever challenge him and that only happens once every 3-5 years.

If Mark Few wanted to make more money, he would have left Gonzaga years ago. Just going to throw that out there.
If you made 2M per in Spokane and were essentially a living God to 500k people, it would take quite a bit to pull you away. He won't leave unless he decides he wants a different kind of challenge.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk