2018-19 NCAA Basketball Season

Goo Punch

Duke and coach K decided to compete for that true elite talent and has beaten Kentucky for their services over the past few years. Cal used to get 4 to 5 difference makers per class now he’s lucky to get even 2 of them. Without that talent separation his teams have struggled more than usual in the early portion of the last 2 seasons.

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Duke and coach K decided to compete for that true elite talent and has beaten Kentucky for their services over the past few years. Cal used to get 4 to 5 difference makers per class now he’s lucky to get even 2 of them. Without that talent separation his teams have struggled more than usual in the early portion of the last 2 seasons.

Very true although Duke may not be quite the same without in my opinion their ace card in Jeff Capel who was an incredible recruiter that adjusted to the one and done in frankly outstanding ways.  

4 hours ago, UTDD said:

Very true although Duke may not be quite the same without in my opinion their ace card in Jeff Capel who was an incredible recruiter that adjusted to the one and done in frankly outstanding ways.  

Maybe but holy shit did Capel fucking blow as a head man.  If he falls into that Duke coaching job after K hangs 'em up, it will be really interesting. 

On 12/8/2018 at 1:01 PM, ztejas said:

I don't know what my biggest grammar faux-pas is ("would of" definitely up there), but the amount of times I have had to correct some mouth breather about "exasperated" leads me to have a lessening sense of pride and accomplishment having made it through the United States schooling system. 

It's "exacerbated" for fuck's sake. 

"Exacerbate" makes something worse. "Exasperate" means to cause irritation or annoyance to (credit MW). 

My bad. I do apologize.

Let me give you a little bit of advice. Spending all day every day on this message board and being an angry, miserable fuck is no way to go through life.

• Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Buddy Hinton said:

My bad. I do apologize.

Let me give you a little bit of advice. Spending all day every day on this message board and being an angry, miserable fuck is no way to go through life.

I'd rather be angry and miserable than be a dumbass like yourself.

But thanks for the "advice", champ. You probably don't understand what it's like to need an outlet for the million things a minute running through your mind "all day every day". I'll just go get a lobotomy I guess.

Ballot Boycott

One of the AP's 65 voters, Graham Couch of the Lansing (Mich.) State Journal, opted to submit his ballot without any of Kansas, Duke, Tennessee, Auburn, Texas Tech, Kentucky, Villanova or Texas because none has played a true road game thus far in the season.

That’ll teach ‘em! 

27 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

That’ll teach ‘em! 

So playing Michigan State, tennessee, and Marquette at neutral sites is not something that should be judged higher than playing some shit team on the road... got it.  I'm sure the selection committee would look at KU more favorably if we played 3 road games against GCU, Boise State, and St. Bonnie next year.  What an idiot.

Edited by Jhawk

Anybody here watched Michigan this year? They have a freshman named Iggy Brazdeikis who is legit. Big kid, plays SF, well rounded game, total hooper. He's Lithuanian-Canadian, and was ranked 40th in the country by 247, three spots ahead of Courtney Ramey. He's already having a much bigger impact than some of the more hyped guys from his class like Quentin Grimes or  Tre Jones. Michigan looks like they'll be title contenders for the next 2-3 years at least. Beilein is the man.

Nova will get better, but they're gonna take their lumps. KU should be up in the 20-point range by halftime this weekend. As for the Quakers, lot of motivation to snap VU's city steak there at the Palestra, with one of Penn's best teams in a while. The Ivy could be a safe two-bid conference with Penn and Yale.

• Like 1

"Tucked away in the (cold, wet) heart of upstate New York, Cazenovia College is an academic institution you likely don't need to know about. Even if you're a huge college basketball nut, you can likely stop your search down the road at Syracuse University, the area's storied DI program. If you're a real fanatic, you might know LeMoyne College, a DII program that used to be coached by Michigan's John Beilein."

Nova will get better, but they're gonna take their lumps. KU should be up in the 20-point range by halftime this weekend. As for the Quakers, lot of motivation to snap VU's city steak there at the Palestra, with one of Penn's best teams in a while. The Ivy could be a safe two-bid conference with Penn and Yale.

Nothing like a raucous crowd at the Palestra. Penn’s team is stacked and is young. Hope to see them win a game in the tourney.

Kelvin Sampson is a damn good coach and given the state of college basketball it’s almist hard to call him a cheater for texting kids during no-contact periods. 

UH knocked if out of the park with the Fertitta Center. They have an intimate arena with all the modern bells and whistles that has a fun atmosphere that people want to return to. The Horns need to take notes and try to replicate what UH is doing with our new arena. Sampson is a hell of a coach and the Fertitta Center is going to be a game changer for them recruiting wise.

On 12/14/2018 at 8:45 AM, Iconoclast Texan said:

UH knocked if out of the park with the Fertitta Center. They have an intimate arena with all the modern bells and whistles that has a fun atmosphere that people want to return to. The Horns need to take notes and try to replicate what UH is doing with our new arena. Sampson is a hell of a coach and the Fertitta Center is going to be a game changer for them recruiting wise.

The longer it drags on, the more I am convinced they're just going to retool the Erwin Center.

They picked spots for the arena nearly two years ago. There aren't even any plans yet. It's like they don't really want to build a new arena.