2018-19 NCAA Basketball Season

Goo Punch

Big night at Pitt tonight as the Panthers beat Louisville, 89-86, in OT. Pitt had a 13-point lead, let that slip away with some horrid foul shooting, 16/33.

But the freshman guard tandem of Xavier Johnson and Trey McGowens combined for 54 points, 11 rebounds, 12 assists and just 7 turnovers.

Pitt's first ACC win in 690 days, since Feb. 18, 2017!

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 8:05 PM, Brian Fantana said:

Crazy to lose on a made basket negated by a charge, but it was a good call.

Also added bonus points for Kelvin Sampson acting like a bitch and faking a heart attack when he learned the call.

I dont keep up with basketball nationally that much but didnt NCAA dole out some harsh penalties that basically made Sampson unhireable???

10 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Down 9 with a minute to go in regulation UCLA steals it in OT. Nice job by the Bartow Bruins.

It was a bizarre last 3 mins of regulation and OT, but wow.  One of the ugliest games we have played and pulled off the road win.

7 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Something like that. I don't remember the specifics.

Back when text messaging first started he sent like 200 texts during a no contact period. They threw the book at him and I think he even got a show cause.  That would be a minor violation these days. 

When you think about it, based on the lack of foresight shown by the ncaa in that case alone, the ncaa is completely out of control. He’d be a great hire for any school, unfortunately the ncaa stole his prime earning years from him. 

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

Back when text messaging first started he sent like 200 texts during a no contact period. They threw the book at him and I think he even got a show cause.  That would be a minor violation these days. 

When you think about it, based on the lack of foresight shown by the ncaa in that case alone, the ncaa is completely out of control. He’d be a great hire for any school, unfortunately the ncaa stole his prime earning years from him. 

Ohhh yeah the show cause, that was it. I remember thinking "Fuck Kelvin Sampson" and "who cares about text messages" at the same time.

Pitt just lost, by five or six, at #15 N.C. State. A frustrating game for the Panthers. Had a lead, lost a lead, fell behind, came back a bit. I think the majority of the ACC schedule will be extremely frustrating, and encouraging. In the win against Louisville the other night we were 16/33 from the line.

Today, hit 24/28, but got clobbered on the boards.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:16 AM, Jhawk said:

It was phone calls, not texts.  And what really got him in trouble was that even after the NCAA penalty at OU, he kept doing the exact same thing at IU.  He was prohibited from contacting recruits over the phone for a year, so he regularly had an assistant call recruits while he was in the room and talked to them over speaker phone.  And he lied to the NCAA and his AD about it.  

• Like 1

I've posted here before about how high I am on Michigan, and it's all about their defense.

d09817523c4a532e02b5eeff2bf6eb74.jpg

I think Michigan has been as good as any team in the country for the last couple seasons, and when you add an elite defense to a John Beilein offense you have a real contender.

I see Michigan right now at 10/1 to win it all. Make your bets today, and thank me later (with a generous portion of your winnings).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk