2018-19 NCAA Basketball Season

Goo Punch

9 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

The one thing UCLA is prepared to do is pay elite coaching money.  It's not likely Alford was on the cheap at $2.6 mil, but they are talking about going north of $4 mil, which for hoops is a shitload.  The program is pretty flush with the  UA money and new donor money.  But there are a lot of challenges that make the job unattractive.  I really think the Howland situation is going to hurt us though.  Here was a National COY who took the school to 3 straight FF and got canned for a bad-ish season... in which he won the conference.  And who is now taking a shitful MSU team and making them nationally relevant.  I was on record as saying his canning was a mistake.

Scratch Dixon off your list.

19 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Fucking hell put this kid in the NBA already. One-and-done rule is the dumbest thing the NCAA has ever done (okay it's definitely not but it's up there).

Also, I have no idea what the hell happened to the American this year. We have ONE team receiving votes and that's Cincy with a paltry 15. This is a conference that usually has 2-3 teams ranked and 3-4 make the tourney. 

I don't think SMU is very good, but at this point I'm wondering if we can win enough games in this cesspool to get a bid. Winning @Georgetown was huge. Wish we hadn't've shit the bed against TCU. 

2 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Houston's not Ranked or receiving votes? 

Ah. My bad, they are.

I totally skimmed over them. 

Still - UConn still sucks, Memphis and WSU are down, SMU isnt as good as the past couple years. None of the Flahda schools worth a shit.

20 hours ago, ztejas said:

Ah. My bad, they are.

I totally skimmed over them. 

Still - UConn still sucks, Memphis and WSU are down, SMU isnt as good as the past couple years. None of the Flahda schools worth a shit.

The second I say this MulletPelini will show up to skewer KU, but I don't think WSU will be up again for a while.  Marshall should have left their last year in the MVC.  The competition is much harder and he had 3-5 guys who were NBA worthy.  He isn't going to find that talent dropping to him for quite some time now that he is in a better conference.  He is also going to be having a damn tough time winning the conference with Sampson at Houston and Mick staying at Cincy.  Tulsa can bite you and UCONN has as good a chance as anyone to return to prominence and be at the top of the league.  Who knows what Penny will do at Memphis with his recruiting.  I think Marshall is the second or 3rd best coach in the league but he isn't going to out recruit anyone.

On 1/3/2019 at 10:42 AM, Sbbruin said:

The one thing UCLA is prepared to do is pay elite coaching money.  It's not likely Alford was on the cheap at $2.6 mil, but they are talking about going north of $4 mil, which for hoops is a shitload.  The program is pretty flush with the  UA money and new donor money.  But there are a lot of challenges that make the job unattractive.  I really think the Howland situation is going to hurt us though.  Here was a National COY who took the school to 3 straight FF and got canned for a bad-ish season... in which he won the conference.  And who is now taking a shitful MSU team and making them nationally relevant.  I was on record as saying his canning was a mistake.

How much does Howland's shove out the airplane really hurt UCLA, though? I thought it was common knowledge that his program had some sketchiness around it, like not fistfuls of dollars but the way the players were treated...? 

Either way, can I interest you in a young telegenic minority candidate? He's a tremendous asshole and an even bigger disappointment but he did coach one team to a Final Four during the lifetime of current players. 

On 1/6/2019 at 5:12 PM, ztejas said:

Fucking hell put this kid in the NBA already. One-and-done rule is the dumbest thing the NCAA has ever done (okay it's definitely not but it's up there).

Also, I have no idea what the hell happened to the American this year. We have ONE team receiving votes and that's Cincy with a paltry 15. This is a conference that usually has 2-3 teams ranked and 3-4 make the tourney. 

I don't think SMU is very good, but at this point I'm wondering if we can win enough games in this cesspool to get a bid. Winning @Georgetown was huge. Wish we hadn't've shit the bed against TCU. 

He, Williamson, should just withdraw from classes, snicker, and get ready for the draft. He has nothing to prove.

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

Houston going down to Temple, Auburn losing to Ole Miss, VT in a tight one with GT, mass hysteria. 

Crazy to lose on a made basket negated by a charge, but it was a good call.

Also added bonus points for Kelvin Sampson acting like a bitch and faking a heart attack when he learned the call.

Edited by Brian Fantana