Austin FC

Bottlecap

fellow season ticket holders - I'll always pay my dues with Los Verdes and i may come stand there periodically, but I'm getting old and I think this is my last season in the SG section. Where's the best bang for my buck?

You’re welcome to join us in 118. West side (so, out of the sun). Best seats (we think) without getting into the Lexus Club nonsense prices (about $1100 per…so still not cheap).
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You’re welcome to join us in 118. West side (so, out of the sun). Best seats (we think) without getting into the Lexus Club nonsense prices (about $1100 per…so still not cheap).

I may, but could you and yours be coaxed into 106-108? I like the energy down there with the kids.

I may, but could you and yours be coaxed into 106-108? I like the energy down there with the kids.

Well, we’ve kinda settled in with our crowd - lots of players’ families around us. Have gotten to know the Gallagher and Fagundez crews pretty well. And right next to T-Loc’s, my wife’s favorite stand.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, we’ve kinda settled in with our crowd - lots of players’ families around us. Have gotten to know the Gallagher and Fagundez crews pretty well. And right next to T-Loc’s, my wife’s favorite stand.

Is that good? I usually just get Birria from the trailers by the gas station

11 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Is that good? I usually just get Birria from the trailers by the gas station

We do like the sonoran hot dogs.  Of course, we often eat before the match at Turnstile (good burgers).  We've eat at the taco trailers, too -- they're mighty good.

30 minutes ago, sidis said:

i was at the game on friday and that was some of the worst defensive discipline i have seen from a team that wasn't comprised of 8 year olds i think i have ever seen.

this team is bizarre.

Yeah.  With the injuries in the back and lack of depth, the players have little room for error.  Not sure why they didn't run out Brandon Craig in the second half - he couldn't have been worse than what was out there.  Maybe the Matt Hedges trade goes through and he can be on the field when the MLS matches start back up.  He might be old, but he knows how to defend.

We also had no attack through the middle with Driussi and Dani missing.

20 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

fellow season ticket holders - I'll always pay my dues with Los Verdes and i may come stand there periodically, but I'm getting old and I think this is my last season in the SG section. Where's the best bang for my buck?

There’s a bunch of us in LV who like to chant but also sit down family types in 106 and 107.

30 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Question - how difficult is it to move to different seats when you have season tickets?  With renewals around 90% and a waitlist, I suspect it isn't that easy to move.  

The calls with your club liaison to change were last week (mine is Monett and she has been awesome -- got my daughter a spot walking out with team in this year's opener).   But I imagine there may still be room to move.  Last year was my first bite, so not a lot of options on west side which was a requirement for wife given the sun.  We had 4 seats, two seats in each of rows 2 and 4 in Section 311.  Wasn't ideal, but it got us in the door.  We got another family to go in with us for next year and we are in Lexus in 110 next year.  There were at least 2 other sets of 4 in Lexus and a few up above.  So seems like more available once you are already a ticketholder.

9 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

The calls with your club liaison to change were last week (mine is Monett and she has been awesome -- got my daughter a spot walking out with team in this year's opener).   But I imagine there may still be room to move.  Last year was my first bite, so not a lot of options on west side which was a requirement for wife given the sun.  We had 4 seats, two seats in each of rows 2 and 4 in Section 311.  Wasn't ideal, but it got us in the door.  We got another family to go in with us for next year and we are in Lexus in 110 next year.  There were at least 2 other sets of 4 in Lexus and a few up above.  So seems like more available once you are already a ticketholder.

Side note - I've never been able to get my club liason on the phone and "premium sales" doesn't answer. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

On 7/26/2023 at 1:53 PM, Jerry Callo said:

Our Egyptian CB who, as near as I can remember, only played one game and that was against Violette (immediately following Keller's horrible game against  STL).  Tarek was not the answer.

66 total minutes played and one banger of an own goal. Probably the worst player who’s ever seen the field for the club.

Worst in terms of overall impact. Aeden Stanley is probably the worst actual player.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Hey - anyone have an extra ticket for tonight? Pm me if so.

Still never been to a game...

Embarrassed Shame GIF

I've got two in the supporter section. DM me your email. You'll be with Los Verdes so wear clothes you don't mind getting covered in beer. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I'm looking at the format and the table to figure out scenarios for tonight. Win and we advance to the knockout stage. Loss or tie (even if we win PKs) and we're done. Is that right?

Yes because Mazatlan and Juarez drew. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Ah okay I didn't understand the format - I was also wondering why the fuck Mazatlan had 5 points through 2 games.

Yes - win in pks would give us 2 points each but we'd have h2h.

Forgive me for being ill informed about whatever wacky fucking format they came up with 😆

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm gonna get to the stadium around 5:30. What should I hit up pregame?
The supporters groups will be arriving around then. It's fun to watch or join in. Then pointsbet for a little a/c before the action starts. I recommend the brisket taco from Valentina's when you're ready for a bite.

7 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

The Points Bet Bar at the stadium opens earlier than the stadium with expensive drinks and popcorn. 

1 minute ago, Jerry Callo said:
22 minutes ago, ztejas said:
I'm gonna get to the stadium around 5:30. What should I hit up pregame?

The supporters groups will be arriving around then. It's fun to watch or join in. Then pointsbet for a little a/c before the action starts. I recommend the brisket taco from Valentina's when you're ready for a bite.

I wound up at hopsquad.

• Hook 'Em 1

I also found a perfect shirt at goodwill for $5 this afternoon. It's pretty much exactly the right mint green color, fits me amazing and is super lightweight dri fit. God works in mysterious ways.

(Because I'm fucking broke and can't afford a legit shirt)

Oh and it says PRIMERICA on it so everyone will think I'm a douchebag that sells life insurance.

Edited by ztejas