Austin FC

Bottlecap

I am a big fan and have invested a lot in Austin FC.  That said, it's probably like the 5th or 6th most popular sport and a guy like Cascante can walk around any major city, probably even Austin, without getting noticed.  I.e. not exactly a celebrity, although I am a fan.  

The fact that there are douchebags that take the time to attack unknown (to general public) MLS defenders on social media to the point that the club has to make a statement like this fucking makes me ragey as hell because it just means that lots and lots of players are putting up with the shit of lots and lots of assholes on the daily.  I get that it is obvious, but doesn't make me any less ragey.  

I am presuming this was a random internet asshole and not someone Julio knew of course, but either way.  Fucking assholes, man.  Hang in there, Julio. 

• Like 1

I know Keller needs minutes if we are going to keep him but he looked terrified out there. Slow decision making and nearly created a scoring opportunity for Houston with an ill advised pass across the middle. Luckily, he wasn’t really called upon to do much. He was in a bad position in the box once but Houston couldn’t take advantage of it. If he gets minutes in game that’s close, he’s gonna be a major liability again.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 9:44 AM, A-Tex Devil said:

I think next week is Miami’s first home game since Messi announcement, right?  Wonder if he will be in the crowd and if they’ll have hired that Argentine manager yet.   Should be pretty high profile for our guys.  

Hope the Austin players don't let it go to their heads. I mean, Inter had that friendly against Barcelona, I don't think any game in the MLS has ever been bigger, so they are going to be ready for a ho hum game against a plain old MLS squad.

On 6/24/2023 at 11:18 PM, CooterBrown said:

I know Keller needs minutes if we are going to keep him but he looked terrified out there. Slow decision making and nearly created a scoring opportunity for Houston with an ill advised pass across the middle. Luckily, he wasn’t really called upon to do much. He was in a bad position in the box once but Houston couldn’t take advantage of it. If he gets minutes in game that’s close, he’s gonna be a major liability again.

I hope they are looking for another CB or two during the mid-season transfer window.  Rado is headed back to Europe and KK is likely to be getting a bunch of minutes.

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

I hope they are looking for another CB or two during the mid-season transfer window.  Rado is headed back to Europe and KK is likely to be getting a bunch of minutes.

We should purchase Rado if he is willing but I think this is like our baseball players playing winter league. 

16 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

We should purchase Rado if he is willing but I think this is like our baseball players playing winter league. 

I'm not holding out much hope.  I'm not sure he and his family wanted to stay here.  I'm not sure that his Belgium team wants to sell him.  I'm also not sure that we would have an international spot for him at this point.  Wolff said that "we've got some plates spinning . . . " when asked about a replacement during the transfer window.  Let's just hope they can pull something off.

3 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

I'm not holding out much hope.  I'm not sure he and his family wanted to stay here.  I'm not sure that his Belgium team wants to sell him.  I'm also not sure that we would have an international spot for him at this point.  Wolff said that "we've got some plates spinning . . . " when asked about a replacement during the transfer window.  Let's just hope they can pull something off.

I presumed as much.  But I haven’t seen Stuver get as pumped for CB plays as he did for 3 or 4 of Rado’s clears, etc. 

If Busquets, after Chiellini, comes to MLS that starts opening the door for other lesser known solid guys in their low 30s.  Is Azpilicueta REALLY going to Italy?  

22 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

He gone. Wolff confirmed it in the press conference and he posted a thank you note on Instagram.

Edited by skittlebrau

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Look, I love international competition and Austin FC...but I'm not on the same level as y'all.  Somebody please explain to me what this means like we're on NHL ice.

This is my layman's take.  We've needed a Sporting Director since Claudio Reyna has been effectively gone since December.  Up and until this point, Precourt has focused much the personnel with USMNT and MLS pedigree.  This step opens the club to a broader knowledge base and significant European/Premier League connections.

• Hook 'Em 2